Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant still has a shot at goat

Quote Originally Posted by Kingwillball
    LOL Your Lucky if KObe is even a 20 ppg scorer if he comes back.. Lebron has already passed Kobe on the all time lists so his GOAT chances are long gone.
    This

Made that high school varsity squad BBallZen83's Avatar

No... No he doesn't. Try hoping for the Lakers to have an above 500 season, and keep this fantasy tucked in the dark recesses of your psyche.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    on your list...

most people in and around the league have kobe top 5

most people in the world have kobe top 3

only some message board trolls have him #9 or #10 lol

I find it hilarious how upset you're getting over an ISH opinion. Maybe go out and get some fresh air. It's not often a veteran troll like yourself loses their composure like this. I thought you were supposed to be one of the best?

Banned

There are only two ways to rise through all-time rankings

1) Become a better player

2) Lead a team to rings

At 34 years old we've already seen the best of Kobe, he isn't getting any better. You can rule #1 off that list.

He also can't lead a team to rings. LAs only hope of winnings rings is if they have MULTIPLE al-stars unders age 30 that Kobe can piggybank ride just like he piggy banked Prime Shaq and piggy banked Gasol-Bynum-Odom who was the best frontcourt trio since 80s Celtics.

Enjoy the lottery and/or first round exits kenneth. Kobe is irrelevant to what happens in the NBA. The title goes through the team with the real best player, LeBron James.

Now a Cavs fan again

Quote Originally Posted by KG215

Yet, just a few years ago, you were a huge Kobe fan and giving LeBron shit for joining the Heat and his team of superfriends.
    Oh right... based on that stalker creep chazzy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    I find it hilarious how upset you're getting over an ISH opinion. Maybe go out and get some fresh air. It's not often a veteran troll like yourself loses their composure like this. I thought you were supposed to be one of the best?

lol your the sad one who's trying to dig a personal attack because i won't argue with you and just laugh when you post

a person who cares would try and change your opinion

i just don't care and accept that you have kobe 1 lebron from being bumped from the top 10.

thats like a christian or muslim having an opinion on other peoples religions. they don't really have a voice cause nobodies listening

Lol Kobes time has passed, he not even close to being the goat. Its LeBrons time now and he the only one that has a shot at GOAT status.

He will NEVER reach GOAT status! Why?

* Jordan was 6 for 6 in the finals... Kobe is 5 for 7
    * But more importantly - Jordan is 6x FMVP... Kobe was FMVP only TWICE in 5 titles! Why? Because Shaq carried him to 3 titles

How can he be the GOAT when he got carried to so many titles?

DON'T FEED THE TROLL arifgokcen's Avatar

on your list...

most people in and around the league have kobe top 5

most people in the world have kobe top 3

only some message board trolls have him #9 or #10 lol

Dude on GOAT list i can assure you he is not top 5.Doesnt matter how you put it.He just doesnt stack up to other players in top 5.

and this is coming from a fan that started watching nba regularly just because of Kobe.

Let me put it this way i have never seen a non-lakers fan put kobe on their top 5-6

Definitely higher than kobe
    MJ
    KAJ
    Magic(please dont quote me magic saying that kobe is the greatest lakers because he also said that lebron is the only player that can be GOAT when he is done so dont quote me magic he was one of the best players i have ever seen but as an commentator he sucks)
    Shaq
    Bill Russell
    Wilt

After these at best you can rank kobe at #7.Ahead of bird-duncan-lebron-hakeem

Generally most people rank him either at #8 or #9 behind bird.

and i love kobe but as an objective fan i cant put him higher than #7.It just wouldnt be right.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by arifgokcen
    Dude on GOAT list i can assure you he is not top 5.Doesnt matter how you put it.He just doesnt stack up to other players in top 5.

and this is coming from a fan that started watching nba regularly just because of Kobe.

Let me put it this way i have never seen a non-lakers fan put kobe on their top 5-6

Definitely higher than kobe
    MJ
    KAJ
    Magic(please dont quote me magic saying that kobe is the greatest lakers because he also said that lebron is the only player that can be GOAT when he is done so dont quote me magic he was one of the best players i have ever seen but as an commentator he sucks)
    Shaq
    Bill Russell
    Wilt

After these at best you can rank kobe at #7.Ahead of bird-duncan-lebron-hakeem

Generally most people rank him either at #8 or #9 behind bird.

and i love kobe but as an objective fan i cant put him higher than #7.It just wouldnt be right.

most of the world thinks kobe and jordan are the 2 greatest players of all time

i'l live with message boards disagreeing lol

3-time NBA All-Star

he says hes playing 3 more years

these things are almost guaranteed

- all time scoring record 38K points ( 5 thousand more than MJ )
    - all time playoff scoring record 6-7K points ( 1-1.5 thousand more than MJ )
    - all time record 13 to 14 first team all nba's ( 3-4 more than MJ )
    - all time record 9 first team all defense's ( tied with MJ already for #1 )
    - all time record 5 allstar game mvps ( already has the record at 4, will get 1 more )
    - all time record most consecutive allstar starts ( 18 straight games 1998-2016 )

possibilities

- 6-7 nba championships
    - 3-4 finals mvps

i don't see him getting another league mvp unless lebron has an injury and westbrook continues to take more of a role with the thunder

but he could steal 1 more if lucky... by averaging 28ppg and the lakers getting #1 seed in west.

i'd say this is a solid case for goat conversation

That ship sailed long ago
    Last edited by NBASTATMAN; 06-27-2013 at 02:48 PM.

Nope, he does not even have a shot to make it to top 10 GOAT, let alone be top 5 or the No.1 GOAT.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    There are only two ways to rise through all-time rankings

1) Become a better player

2) Lead a team to rings

At 34 years old we've already seen the best of Kobe, he isn't getting any better. You can rule #1 off that list.

He also can't lead a team to rings. LAs only hope of winnings rings is if they have MULTIPLE al-stars unders age 30 that Kobe can piggybank ride just like he piggy banked Prime Shaq and piggy banked Gasol-Bynum-Odom who was the best frontcourt trio since 80s Celtics.

Enjoy the lottery and/or first round exits kenneth. Kobe is irrelevant to what happens in the NBA. The title goes through the team with the real best player, LeBron James.
    This.

kennethgriffin got ethered.

The whole world may think Kobe is top 2 but basketball analysts, players, coaches, actual credible sources know Kobe is at most Top 10. Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

he says hes playing 3 more years

these things are almost guaranteed

- all time scoring record 38K points ( 5 thousand more than MJ )
    - all time playoff scoring record 6-7K points ( 1-1.5 thousand more than MJ )
    - all time record 13 to 14 first team all nba's ( 3-4 more than MJ )
    - all time record 9 first team all defense's ( tied with MJ already for #1 )
    - all time record 5 allstar game mvps ( already has the record at 4, will get 1 more )
    - all time record most consecutive allstar starts ( 18 straight games 1998-2016 )

possibilities

- 6-7 nba championships
    - 3-4 finals mvps

i don't see him getting another league mvp unless lebron has an injury and westbrook continues to take more of a role with the thunder

but he could steal 1 more if lucky... by averaging 28ppg and the lakers getting #1 seed in west.

i'd say this is a solid case for goat conversation
    If, and it's a BIG if, he achieves all that in the next three years then he is most definitely in the top three player list. Kareem is pretty much a concesus top three player due to his longevity and winning. If Kobe breaks all those records, becomes the all-time leading scorer and wins 6-7 championships; then only Jordan, Russel & Kareem would have a comparable resume, IMO.

most of the world thinks kobe and jordan are the 2 greatest players of all time

i'l live with message boards disagreeing lol
    Top 2 SG? Sure. I've never heard anyone anywhere say he's a top 2 overall player. That's nonsense. The reality is he'll be 35 coming off of a major injury. It wouldn't shock me if he returned and played at a high level, but realistically it's doubtful that he'll be the anywhere near the same player.