Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: What Does Melo Do Now?

there's no chance he wins a ring no matter where he goes

just gonna get his money

I think the Knicks will make the playoffs. Jr Smith was coming off his knee surgery and didn't get into form till late in the Season, Tyson Chandler was hurt pretty much all season and Felton was Felton.

East is still pretty weak and who knows what may happen.

Where melo will end up depends heavily on that nutty overbearing wife of his wants.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by STATUTORY
    there's no chance he wins a ring no matter where he goes

just gonna get his money
    If he can get himself to Chicago or Houston I think he has an opportunity to win a ring or two.

In New York ... he's got nothing.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Stays in NY. IMO he just wanted the attention and to see what was out there. Too much money to pass up to play for the franchise he really wants to play for. I'll be shocked if he signs anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagouch
    I think the Knicks will make the playoffs. Jr Smith was coming off his knee surgery and didn't get into form till late in the Season, Tyson Chandler was hurt pretty much all season and Felton was Felton.

East is still pretty weak and who knows what may happen.
    East has dramatically improved.

Indiana
    Miami
    Toronto
    Cleveland
    Chicago
    Washington

Are all guaranteed playoff teams. You can probably add Brooklyn to that list as well meaning the Knicks will be competing for an 8th seed at best.

Charlotte and Atlanta are probably a better team as well.

Melo will never win anything if he stays in NY barring they get a huge free agent next year.

Krust Kingz

Historically I can see where people spews the venom at the owner and front office of the Knicks. Finally there is someone that is competent and respected leading this team as President.

Granted it does look a little bleak in comparison to some other Eastern Conference teams but free agency just really began and the Knicks cant make a move until they know what Melo is going to do.

Why does Melo have to go somewhere else to win? Why not give Zen a chance? It may be about winning ASAP but no one knows what Zen can cook up.

All those other options arent guaranteed and all present some risk.

Now its time for Melo to trust Zen to work his mojo.

I think he stays in NY, but I think Miami will go after him now. IDK if Houston or Chicago are still options.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    How much cap room does Miami have left?

If I was Riley, I'd maybe consider a pitch.
    Depends on how much Wade was willing to take and what other pieces Riley has his sights on. If he tosses Melo the max and pays DWade $10-$12 million, what can he realistically put around Melo, Bosh and Wade to build a contender?

Man what a tough spot for Melo. If he leaves some people will consider him a traitor for actually wanting to win a ring. Bulls are probably his best bet at this point with Rose, Noah and Gasol if they can stay healthy. If he stays with the knick he stuck in rebuilding mode for at least another year. Another year of Melo's talents going to waste cause of stupid decisions like signing andrea bargnani. Phil can only do so much in 1 off season but he's done hell of a job getting rid of Tyson's cancer contract. If he some how gets rid of Amare's or Bargnani's contract he'll probably have to throw away shump or hardaway. Not sure if that's worth doing if they want to build around Melo.

Miami just went to the Finals 4 straight years. He'd be stupid not to sign there...

Krust Kingz

I wouldnt blame Melo for leaving though. The Knicks has been run incompetently since his time here. 3 president/GM's and 2 coaches. Its the Knicks organizations fault for not doing their jobs and Zen has to pick up the pieces.

After all the idiotic things the organization I can see why Melo cant trust this organization even though he may respect Zen.

If Melo comes back he trust Zen, if he doesnt its because of Dolan.