Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVnZweSYP6A

They didnt give a damn what the coach said, what the gameplan was, or what the fundamental play should be. You have Nick out there throwing floaters to the rafters, lobs from halfcourt, shoving refs, loudly arguing with the coach on national TV with Shaq dunking on guys and shoving them out of bounds then acting suprised when they get up and throw the ball at him. Meanwhile Kobe was in full "Turn my swag on" mode breaking ankles, jumping up and stealing lobs clearly thrown to Eddie Jones, and already disregarding Shaq now and then to go one on one despite shooting 42 and 43% his first 2 years. And Eddie? Im sure he didnt mean it to be insulting but some of the things he did were just rude. This guy came down the court on the break and took off from a step inside the 3 point line for a layup...which he made. Not the Ft line. He took off from about one step past the 3 point line and put it in. The **** is that? And then of course the famous dunk on Glen Robinson from the general area of the FT line. This guy was just getting in the vicinity of the paint and taking off with no regard for human life.

That was such a lovable team but they were also so easy to hate. They were good for the NBA though. Id swap out the current lakers for them in a second. Even knowing the 09 Lakers won it all I think the 98 Lakers would be better if only for Shaq. By potential....one night? They might be as talented as any team ever. That team had so many weapons...guys who could win the game on their own...I think they could matchup with any team ever...on one night. Over 7 games a great team destroys them but them at their best could play with anyone to ever step on the court.

If they were not the rudest most vicious team of all time...who was? The 80s Celtics were up there. They didnt care if you lived or died. Badboys of course. The 88-90 Knicks. mark Jackson had them at a high level of not giving a ****. But there are not many who can stand with this team from a lack of human decency standpoint.

College star

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good way.

Awesome vid. That team was nasty.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Rashard's Avatar

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good way.

That video brings back some great memories. One of my favorite Laker teams ever. I had graduated from SC in the summer of '97 and for a graduation gift my Pops got me season tickets to the Lakers for the upcoming season. I was lucky enough to see that group up close. What an incredibly entertaining team. As the OP stated, one of the most talented teams ever assembled. They just were young, arrogant and dumb. That's what held them back. I would have loved to have seen them grow together and to have been coached by Phil. They would have won multiple rings, IMO. That group brought back showtime. They didnt want to be known as showtime 2, so they called themselves the Lakeshow. Wow, the memories. Thanks for that vid.

LOL. This team was sick as hell. I remember the forum going nuts for Eddie Jones ("Eddie, Eddie, Eddie!") and "Nick The Quick". I also recall arguments/tension, etc in the LA times with one player and Del Harris.

Decent playground baller BeebCats's Avatar

Awesome video, song is great too. I love how you introduce the players with the verses, as if they're the ones rapping

Makes me wish I watched back then, shaq

1:00 damn! Nice video.

Eddie Jones used to be a raw man.
    Last edited by Richie2k6; 08-16-2009 at 12:56 PM.

NBA Superstar

Love the finger roll by Eddie Jones after taking off from about 18ft. away at 2:54. I hope he was beating the clock and didn't just randomly decide it'd be a good idea to take off a step inside the three point line. Actually, on second thought, maybe it'd be cooler that way.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVnZweSYP6A

They didnt give a damn what the coach said, what the gameplan was, or what the fundamental play should be. You have Nick out there throwing floaters to the rafters, lobs from halfcourt, shoving refs, loudly arguing with the coach on national TV with Shaq dunking on guys and shoving them out of bounds then acting suprised when they get up and throw the ball at him. Meanwhile Kobe was in full "Turn my swag on" mode breaking ankles, jumping up and stealing lobs clearly thrown to Eddie Jones, and already disregarding Shaq now and then to go one on one despite shooting 42 and 43% his first 2 years. And Eddie? Im sure he didnt mean it to be insulting but some of the things he did were just rude. This guy came down the court on the break and took off from a step inside the 3 point line for a layup...which he made. Not the Ft line. He took off from about one step past the 3 point line and put it in. The **** is that? And then of course the famous dunk on Glen Robinson from the general area of the FT line. This guy was just getting in the vicinity of the paint and taking off with no regard for human life.
    I laughed a few times while reading this paragraph. Good job. And good video (as usual).

Btw, that's a SIIIICK one-handed pass fake and then jam by Shaq at the 46 second mark. Never seen that one before. The fake sent Horry and Dream flying, giving him an easy lane. The '97 and '98 Lakers were an exciting ass team to watch. Explosive.
    Last edited by OldSchoolBBall; 08-16-2009 at 01:53 PM.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Kblaze8855 again.
    too bad. you deserved it man. nice work

Banned

who's #20 throwin an alley oop for kobe at 1:45?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Rashard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tmnt mask
    who's #20 throwin an alley oop for kobe at 1:45?
    Jon Barry

Dunking on everybody in the park

nevermind i was wrong lol...

Decent playground baller

Default Re: Video on the late 90s Lakers. The most disrespectful team of all time. In a good

What's up Blaze. Awesome mix. you should of told me you were making this I got stacks of tapes on the them. You should of used the footage from my 97 lakers mix too.

Talent wise this Laker team, even with a young Kobe, was better than the championship Laker teams of the past decade and a couple of the Lakers on that roster agree with me.

Local High School Star UCLAlegend32's Avatar

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

heres a better video
    I agree. The poster above you made it years ago and it is along with Art of War(also made by him) in my top 3-4 ever. Not wishing to compete with it is about half the reason it took this long for me to cover that team.