Default The history of Sonics coaches... from a contemporary perspective

I would like people here to discuss about present coaches in the league.

Things like, who are the best ones in your opinion, whose system is most recognisable etc

I don't want all answers to be "Jackson and the triangle" I'd like a broader review, so let's make a list of questions:

1) Who's your favourite coach now and why?
    2) Describe the system that your team's coach favours.
    3) Among "young" coaches, who do you think has the brightest future?
    4) What system would you use if you were an Nba coach?

NBA Superstar

Default Re: The history of Sonics coaches... from a contemporary perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Jasi
    I would like people here to discuss about present coaches in the league.

Things like, who are the best ones in your opinion, whose system is most recognisable etc

I don't want all answers to be "Jackson and the triangle" I'd like a broader review, so let's make a list of questions:

Coaching in the NBA is very different to coaching in college, so the belief that some Xs and Os hardass is going to be the answer is laughable. Especially when you consider the fact that most pros play a lot more AAU ball than NCAA ball so their view of a coach is akin to a chaperon, not a father figure.

Doc Rivers impressed me this year. He showed incredible patience, and let his assistants (Tom Thibodeau) do a lot of work. He had many doubters in the past, and they all started creeping back this year, but he proved everyone wrong again and was a Kendrick Perkins injury away from an inconceivable victory.

People also underestimate the difficulty he had in coaching a lot of his players. Rasheed, KG, and Nate are notorious hot heads, and Rondo and Big Baby have been known to by flighty at times.

question 4 is simple as all teams run the same defense. since the lift on the zone defense ban (cheers Shaq!) teams play a 'aomeba defense' which is basically a match up zone with hard man principles. This is simply the evolution of help side, and drop down man defense and the perfect defense to play. a lot of helpside was illegal under the old rules. I would extend this to a 3/4 court press against teams with scoring PGs and three point shooting habits.
    offensively I'd run a 4 perimeter 1 post, pen and pitch motion offense. Keep it simple and let the players improvise, making sure my stars got plenty of touch.

Jerry Sloan is my favorite coach in the league. He's one of those no bullshit type of guys that always gets the best out of his team. I'll try to answer the questions later.

I hope that we get our Sonics back. Well on to your questions:

Other than Phil Jackson, I like George Karl, not because he was a Sonics coach, I have liked his coaching style since he was with the Cavs, in 1984-86I like coach Karl's simple offensive system and his focus on the defensive end. He likes to push the tempo when the chance is there. But his halfcourt system is pretty simple; high post offense, screen and roll at the high post.

Being a Suns fan, we are all about the offense; 7 seconds or bust.

It really depends. With the way fans react to a losing season and owners are quick to fire a "young" coach, it is hard to say. But I think that, if D-Rose can stay healthy and the Bulls front office don't screw things up, Tom Thibodeau (Bulls) has a really bright future. I also like Avery Johnson (Nets),if we can call him a young coach, and Scott Brooks (Thunder). They have owners that back them 100%. Plus they have some good pieces around them. So those are my three picks.

Since I coach high school basketball and use the Triangle offense, when our uptempo is stalled, I really like the Triangle offense. The triangle is complicated but it is really a simple offense once the players get the movements down. I like the triangle because each player can showcase their talents.

Saw a basketball once Tearirrefly's Avatar

Default Rooqu trade

GUANGZHOU ROOQU IMPORT @ EXPORT TRADING CO., LIMITED [ Manufacturer, Trading Company] has been serving the worldwide market since 2010.
    High-quality and competitive price are the advantages of our rams, therefore, we have achieved good share of market in the business circle in and out of China. We manufacture products in Guangzhou, we are have products line on computer memory modules, memory cards; memory ram, DDR & DDR2 & DDR3 for Desktop & laptops.
    Most products have attained CE and FCC certification. We have a young and energetic professional work team to offer you excellent services.
    Our culture is based on a long-lasting commitment to customer satisfaction. We are determined to produce the most advanced products with absolutely the lowest rate of return for every customer to receive the quality, performance and dependability they deserve.

Address:#422.Huangshixi Road.Baiyun.Guangzhou.510000.China
    Contact Person: Ms.Sophia Zheng
    Tel: 0086-20-87589060
    Fax: 0086-20-87589060

Email: ventas@mail.rooqu.com & info@rooqu.com