Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Bledsoe

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Eric Bledsoe

As for Bledsoe's future.... I'm scared to trade him because of his upside. I understand he's not an ideal SG and would want the opportunity to be a star PG elsewhere. I'd take Klay Thompson or Paul George for him as a Clippers GM but very few other young, talented wings right now I'd trade Bledsoe for so it's a tough situation.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    As for Bledsoe's future.... I'm scared to trade him because of his upside. I understand he's not an ideal SG and would want the opportunity to be a star PG elsewhere. I'd take Klay Thompson or Paul George for him as a Clippers GM but very few other young, talented wings right now I'd trade Bledsoe for so it's a tough situation.
    Ehm, you're demanding a "little" too much for a guy like Bledsoe who last season averaged 3 points per game on 38% shooting, 1.7 assists, 1.6 rebounds and 1.2 turnovers per game.

You're talking like he's a superstar, sure, the guy has had a good pre-season but yeah, it's only pre-season.
    Last edited by millwad; 10-25-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

I almost spit my water out of ym mouth at work reading this. All time great post we have here fellas
    Last edited by brandonislegend; 10-25-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    Ehm, you're demanding a "little" too much for a guy like Bledsoe who last season averaged 3 points per game on 38% shooting, 1.7 assists, 1.6 rebounds and 1.2 turnovers per game.

You're talking like he's a superstar, sure, the guy has had a good pre-season but yeah, it's only pre-season.
    With Bledsoe going by the numbers is a bad idea. In the playoffs he had a Clippers best PER of 23 yet look at his numbers and they seem pedestrian. It's his defense that sets him apart, not his scoring. Besides after the playoffs supposedly the Clippers phones were blowing up and Bledsoe's value was very high. Now after preseason games of

22, 11, 9, 5 and 27, 8, 5, 5, 5...... you don't think teams are taking notice? I'm basing his value on potential and projection, not what he's done in the past. Bledsoe could easily start on at least a third of the teams in the NBA and stats won't show you that.

His PER 36 last year was..

10 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 2.5 spg and 1 bpg which is very very good all around PG stuff. He can score obviously when he's aggressive but rarely looks for shots.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend

I almost spit my water out of ym mouth at work reading this. All time great post we have here fellas
    What's so funny? Bledsoe is a BEAST dude.

With Bledsoe going by the numbers is a bad idea. In the playoffs he had a Clippers best PER of 23 yet look at his numbers and they seem pedestrian. It's his defense that sets him apart, not his scoring. Besides after the playoffs supposedly the Clippers phones were blowing up and Bledsoe's value was very high. Now after preseason games of

22, 11, 9, 5 and 27, 8, 5, 5, 5...... you don't think teams are taking notice? I'm basing his value on potential and projection, not what he's done in the past. Bledsoe could easily start on at least a third of the teams in the NBA and stats won't show you that.

10 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 2.5 spg and 1 bpg which is very very good all around PG stuff. He can score obviously when he's aggressive but rarely looks for shots.
    It's amazing he can do anything with you hanging off his nuts like this

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    I watched nearly every game of Bledsoe's at Kentucky and while I loved his athleticism and motor, the one thing that stuck out was his inability to run the offense in the half court when Wall was on the bench. He was great in transition but provided little on offense in the half court apart from being a spot up shooter due to his suspect court vision and tendency to turn the ball over far too much. Obviously playing the two guard the majority of the season next to Wall didn't help his transition to the point guard position.

Yesterday was one of the first times I'd seen him make a lot of true point guard plays and not try to force passes in half court sets. Lots of guys can rack up assists from drive and kick situations, but that doesn't make them a point guard. Seeing Bledsoe get his team into their offense and make the right passes this preseason has been awesome and is a very promising sign. I hope he can keep it up in the regular season. I do think he needs to get more elevation on his shot, it's still a bit of set shot.

I still consider him a combo guard, but in the Chauncey Billups sense rather than a Ben Gordon (not saying he plays like either of those guys). Luckily for him, his wingspan and freakish athleticism and strength allows him to defend most 2 guards pretty well.

As far as his playmaking, what I notice most is plays off penetration. He's being smarter and running the offense, but he clearly does well with big men who move well off the ball.

I know that's Jordan's game and that Griffin is also terrific at it, but I will give Del Negro some credit there too.

I like him as a combo PG too, playing alongside another playmaking or up-tempo guard. I think he'd probably be great on New Orleans.

NBA rookie of the year

With Bledsoe going by the numbers is a bad idea. In the playoffs he had a Clippers best PER of 23 yet look at his numbers and they seem pedestrian. It's his defense that sets him apart, not his scoring.
    So it's a bad idea to use Bledsoe's regular season stats but it's a much better idea to use his playoff stats which were only 11 games in total because it fits your agenda. And I'm aware of his defensive skills but you're overrating him like crazy.

Besides after the playoffs supposedly the Clippers phones were blowing up and Bledsoe's value was very high. Now after preseason games of

Any sources about the phones getting blown and Bledoe's value being very high?

And please, no one gives a damn about the preseason. It doesn't say anything at all, a team like the Rockets went 4-2 in the preseason..

Oh, so you mention his PER 36 but you don't mention his 38% shooting and 20% shooting from the 3 point line while averaging 4.5 fouls per 36 minutes and 3.6 turnovers..

His PER 36 is nothing to brag about. And the guy is 23 in 2 months or so, he's still young but almost all star players have made much greater things in the league compared to what Bledsoe has done to this point, good role players as well.

You're overrating him crazy much. Notice that I'm not saying that he's bad or that he doesn't have any talent because he does, but he doesn't deserve this hype.

Paul George or Klay Thompson

lube up millwads home, been waiting for someone to say something. It must be tough for cf86 to fit the whole clippers rosters balls in and or around his mouth.

Bledsoe this preseason:
    31.0 MPG, 13.1 PPG, 5.0 RPG, 4.6 APG, 3.0 SPG, 0.6 BPG, .425/.286/.800 shooting

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    So it's a bad idea to use Bledsoe's regular season stats but it's a much better idea to use his playoff stats which were only 11 games in total because it fits your agenda. And I'm aware of his defensive skills but you're overrating him like crazy.

Any sources about the phones getting blown and Bledoe's value being very high?

And please, no one gives a damn about the preseason. It doesn't say anything at all, a team like the Rockets went 4-2 in the preseason. Bledsoe is developing at a fantastic rate considering he's spent a year behind CP3 and Baron Davis the year before. Look at his minutes bud. I didn't list his shooting percentages because once he got healthy they were great and I don't value Bledsoe for his scoring. It's his rebounding, defense and at times passing that make him this good.

Oh, so you mention his PER 36 but you don't mention his 38% shooting and 20% shooting from the 3 point line while averaging 4.5 fouls per 36 minutes and 3.6 turnovers..

His PER 36 is nothing to brag about. And the guy is 23 in 2 months or so, he's still young but almost all star players have made much greater things in the league compared to what Bledsoe has done to this point, good role players as well.

You're overrating him crazy much. Notice that I'm not saying that he's bad or that he doesn't have any talent because he does, but he doesn't deserve this hype.
    He wasn't even healthy from knee surgery until late May-early April.. so this means nothing. His shooting when he got healthy around playoff time was superb. Besides his great value as a player comes from defense, rebounding and occasionally passing, not scoring. I don't think he will ever be more than a 12-15 ppg scorer and it doesn't mean he can't be a borderline all star, or even all star depending on circumstances. He's an elite defensive and rebounding guard in this league with underrating passing ability.

BTW you don't think 5 rpg, 2.5 spg and 1 bpg for a 6'0 PG or any PG for that matter is superb?

His PER 36 this preseason is even better.

16 ppg, 6 rpg, 5.3 apg, 3.5 spg, .7 bpg.

I'm telling you right now the league is in for a Bledsoe raping.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 10-25-2012 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonislegend
    Paul George or Klay Thompson

Give it a year... and people will see. Now finally people are admitting he's a good player (called him scrub last year)... by end of this year you'll think it's a fair trade. BTW Lol at Grizzlies fans of all people degrading Bledsoe when he obliterated your guards on defense.

Give it a year... and people will see. Now finally people are admitting he's a good player (called him scrub last year)... by end of this year you'll think it's a fair trade. BTW Lol at Grizzlies fans of all people degrading Bledsoe when he obliterated your guards on defense.
    He was matched up against Gilbert arenas

I'm going to learn from my past mistakes though and not bother debating for 20 pages about something like this. Last night and vs Denver (not to mention the playoffs last year) Bledsoe showed how talented he is. I mean Clipper hater John Hollinger called Bledsoe the breakout player of the playoffs.

I'm going to stick to updating this thread with big games and letting people discuss him but not going to argue with a bunch of trolls like Millwad and Brandon. People will see this year and all I can say is a lot of what I get accused of being a homer for (like Bledsoe being a monster) will be proven by the Clippers this year for me.