Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Your NBA 2K10 Association Mode

I know, another 2K10 thread. I apologize.

But I'm always interested in other people's dynasties and who they are playing with and what kind of numbers they are putting up with their players. I used to have a pretty detailed page on dynastymanager.com. Feel free to discuss how you're single player association mode is going. I'm interested and maybe others are as well.

I just started my first Association up after spending all of my first several weeks on My Player mode. I'm playing with the Bucks, with these sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forum...they-work.html , on Hall of Fame level, and 9 minute quarters.

I'm currently 4-0:
    @76ers - W 129-100
    vs. Pistons - W 117-105
    @Bulls - 136-96
    @Timberwolves - 118-110

My "Big 4" as I like to refer to them:
    Brandon Jennings: 23.5 ppg, 19.8 apg, 2.5 rpg, 2.3 spg, 5.5 TOPG, 50% FG, 88.8% FT

Michael Redd: 31.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.5 spg, 2.0 TOPG, 52.8% FG, 38.8% 3P, 83.3% FT

Andrew Bogut: 24.3 ppg, 17.3 rpg, 4.0 apg, 73% FG, 55.5% FT

Hakim Warrick: 17.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.5 spg, 68.8% FG, 85.7% FT

I think about 99% of Boguts points are coming off a Jennings assist and are all dunks or layups. Even though Bogut shoots nothing but layups he misses enough per game to piss me off from time. I had to boost up the 3P slider a couple of points because I shot 1/16 from 3 my first game, despite taking a lot of open kick out 3's with Redd, Meeks, and Bell.

Default Re: Your NBA 2K10 Association Mode

i made a this exact same thread...oh well we'll just use this one

ive been holding off on starting my association because ive been waiting for the warriors to trade Jackson it looks like its been done so ill probably start it when its updated

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    i made a this exact same thread...oh well we'll just use this one

ive been holding off on starting my association because ive been waiting for the warriors to trade Jackson it looks like its been done so ill probably start it when its updated

My bad. I thought all the other threads were for online dynasties. I was just interested to see how peoples offline single player dynasties were going and who they were playing with, etc.

I'm a Celtics fan, but winning with them is too easy, in my opinion. I've had some blowouts with the Bucks even on HOF level, but their team ratings are all in the low 70s. I haven't had too tough of a schedule yet. Right now I'm up 98-71 on the Knicks in the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    My bad. I thought all the other threads were for online dynasties. I was just interested to see how peoples offline single player dynasties were going and who they were playing with, etc.

I'm a Celtics fan, but winning with them is too easy, in my opinion. I've had some blowouts with the Bucks even on HOF level, but their team ratings are all in the low 70s. I haven't had too tough of a schedule yet. Right now I'm up 98-71 on the Knicks in the 4th quarter.
    ever since 2k8 i havent been able to play on hall of fame i get destroyed i just keep it on superstar or all star

would you be intersted in a league?theres a thread on it already

I would, but can't righ now. I don't have live anymore.

My Association was done with a fantasy draft.

My team:
    Jennings/Bynum
    Wade/Rudy Fernandez
    Granger/Pietrus
    Zach Randolph/Troy Murphy
    Noah

For fun I scoured the internet today and gathered different info. and created Jordan and put him and Pippen (via the 90's East team) on the current Bulls roster. I simulated the regular season and got the 2 seed behind the Cavs in the East but made it to the Finals agains the Lakers. (Exactly what I was shooting for, Jordan vs. Kobe.)

I played on HOF level, 9 minute quarters (which is apparently too much time) and won 151-110. With Jordan and Pippen this Bulls team is unstoppable.

Jordan's line: 31/51, 1/2 3P, 6/8 FT, 69 pts, 6 reb, 10 asts, 4 stl, 4 TO

Kobe's line: 21/42, 2/8 3P, 3/3 FT, 47 pts, 11 reb, 7 asts, 1 stl, 6 TO

For most of the game I tried to control Jordan myself on defense when Kobe had the ball, which was a mistake, because I apparently suck at playing man-to-man defense with the guy I'm controlling when his man has the ball. Kobe would just take one dribble by me and score. Also, it should be noted, I rested Jordan for the first 3 minutes of the 4th quarter, and Kobe came out like gangbusters and got about 10 points with Salmons guarding him. In game 2 I'm never going to control Jordan on defense and see how Kobe does. Reason being...Not once did I control Pippen on defense, his assignment for the game Artest had a terrible game.

Artest: 4/19, 1/7 3P, 0/0 FT, 9 pts, 4 reb, 6 asts, 3 stl, 1 blk, 2 TO

CPU Pippen shutdown Artest so hopefully CPU Jordan will shutdown Kobe in game 2.

And as for Pippen...

Pippen: 12/16, 3/3 FT, 27 pts, 10 reb, 8 asts, 2 stl, 2 blk, 1 TO

Does anyone else struggle to play defense when they are controlling a player and his man has the ball? Or is it just me?

Have you turned your Defense Assist Strength to 0 ??

I started a Bobcats one a few days ago, but thinking of just sticking to My Player Mode for now until the PC version gets the updated patch. I tend to get deep into my association/dynasty/whatever they've been called in the past mode, but I'd much rather start a proper one with the updated patch rather than just waste my time on doing one for a few weeks without the update.

Still, I'm on HoF, 12 min quarters, and with the Bobcats, it's a bit of a struggle, but I like it that way. I like the realism. Went 2-5 through my first 7 games, with Gerald Wallace averaging 18/7/2, Felton averaging 12/2/8, and everyone else pretty much struggling, other than DJ Augustin who is giving me about 10 points a game off the bench.

Like I said though, think I'll just wait for the patch, and then give it another go, this time with Captain Jack!

I picked up Magic because I like the 3 points game.
    My Team:
    Howard: 24 points 10 rebouds 3.5 assists 1.7 steal and 2.8 blocks.
    Lewis: 17 points 6 rebounds 2.8 assists 1.2 steal and 2.2 blocks.
    Roger Mason: 10.9 points 1 rebound 1.2 assists.
    Vince: 17.8 points 3 rebounds 5.7 assists 1.5 steal and 1 block
    Nelson: 7.7 points 2 rebounds 12.2 assists 3.2 steals
    CJ Watson: 13.8 points 7.6 assists 1.5 rebound and 3.1 steals
    Morrow: 19.5 points 1 rebound 1 assist and 1 steal

I only use these guys on my whole rosters. I was able to pick up Watson and Morrow from Golden States for Gortat or something and traded Pietrus for Roger. Sometimes I let Lewis play Center and Morrow for PF. I must get at least like 15-18 3's made by all the players. My record is 17-6 right now.

I'm thinking of keeping the Bucks dynsaty around but I'm going to give myself the last pick and do a fantasy draft.

My last two games in the Bucks dynasty I've won at home 127-74 over the Warriors and 140-114 over the Mavericks. I need a new challenge.

ive been playing on all star with the warriors 12 min quarters

havent done any trades so the team goes like this

pg-ellis
    sg-bell
    sf-buike
    pg-randolph
    c-biedrins

6th-maggs
    7-morrow
    8-turiaf
    9-curry
    10-wright

thats pretty much my rotation

3 and 2 right now lost to the suns and kings

Just did a draft with the Nets. I had the 30th overall pick.

PG Ray Felton/Darren Collison
    SG Mike Miller/Sonny Weems
    SF Shane/Battier/Chase Budinger
    PF Dirk Nowitzki/James Johnson
    C Roy Hibbert/Hasheem Thabeet

I obviously made a stretch for some of the players like Thabeet. I tried to make this a not so good team so it'll be a challenge. I actually know Sonny Weems so it's always fun to play with someone you've actually met and hungout with in real life.
    Last edited by KG215; 11-24-2009 at 12:17 AM.

Scratch that last one. I took 10 legends off of the All-Decade teams and put them into a fantasy draft. I did a serpentine draft so I would have the #1 pick in round 1 and last pick in round 2.

My team...

PG Steve Nash/Eric Maynor
    SG Ronnie Brewer/Mitch Petrus
    SF Chase Budinger/Joe Alexander
    PF Tyler Hansbrough/Marc Gasol
    C Hakeem Olajuwon/Roy Hibbert

I just won game one 111-92.
    Olajuwon 37/13/2/1
    Nash: 18/24

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    I know, another 2K10 thread. I apologize.

But I'm always interested in other people's dynasties and who they are playing with and what kind of numbers they are putting up with their players. I used to have a pretty detailed page on dynastymanager.com. Feel free to discuss how you're single player association mode is going. I'm interested and maybe others are as well.

I just started my first Association up after spending all of my first several weeks on My Player mode. I'm playing with the Bucks, with these sliders http://www.operationsports.com/forum...they-work.html , on Hall of Fame level, and 9 minute quarters.

I'm currently 4-0:
    @76ers - W 129-100
    vs. Pistons - W 117-105
    @Bulls - 136-96
    @Timberwolves - 118-110

My "Big 4" as I like to refer to them:
    Brandon Jennings: 23.5 ppg, 19.8 apg, 2.5 rpg, 2.3 spg, 5.5 TOPG, 50% FG, 88.8% FT

Michael Redd: 31.8 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 3.5 apg, 1.5 spg, 2.0 TOPG, 52.8% FG, 38.8% 3P, 83.3% FT

Andrew Bogut: 24.3 ppg, 17.3 rpg, 4.0 apg, 73% FG, 55.5% FT

Hakim Warrick: 17.0 ppg, 9.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, 1.5 spg, 68.8% FG, 85.7% FT

I think about 99% of Boguts points are coming off a Jennings assist and are all dunks or layups. Even though Bogut shoots nothing but layups he misses enough per game to piss me off from time. I had to boost up the 3P slider a couple of points because I shot 1/16 from 3 my first game, despite taking a lot of open kick out 3's with Redd, Meeks, and Bell.

sounds like you run and gun a bit....
    those are extremely high scores for 9 mins and big margains wow! lol,
    i play at the same level and although the CPU gets alot of cheap
    quick baskets from bull$hit plays i play 10 mins quarters and manage just over 105 PPG,
    but i like to simulate plays and use majority of the shot clock not so much run down the floor and shoot

Jennings is a good player hes one of my favourite players in the nba right now and i was going to use bucks but if REDD gets injured it becomes a struggle so im using CAVS

LEBRON JAMES MVP 09/10