Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Default How would we view Jordan if he became a beta male and joined Bird or Magic's Team?

How would you view Jordan? Let me start this off by stating that Michael Jordan is by far the greatest player I have ever witnessed to play the game of basketball. Yes, we've had Russell, Wilt, Oscar, West, Baylor, Magic, Bird, and many other all time greats in this league, but none captured the essence of pure basketball and popularity heights as his airness has.

But what allures me most about Jordan was his sheer will to not only be the best, but tell you he was the best, and then show you that he's the best while humiliating you all at once in an embracive yet imitating manner.

But what If Jordan took the cowards way out and joined the late great Larry Bird's team? Or joined Magic's team? How would we view him? Well, I have to say, in my gods honest opinion, I would not consider Jordan the Greatest even if he won 12 Rings with Magics Lakers. Because a move like that not only takes away from the competetive side of the game, but it also takes away the sheer enjoyment away from the game.

To remain with the team you started with, and to build a dominate title run after multiple failures reveals the true heart and soul of a great player. Leaving the Bulls to join the Lakers would have been the cowards way out for Jordan, but see ladies and gentlemen, Jordan embodies the true heart of not only a champion, but a mans man so to speak.

Jordan knew he wanted to be the best, and to be the best, you have to destroy your competition on your own team and terms. Join Magic? No, I'm going to beat him. Drexler you think your on my level? No, I'm going to beat you. Barkley, I hear your camp is calling you the best player in the league, I won't join you, I'm gonna beat you. Payton, you think you can guard me and out perform me with flashy assist to Kemp? No, I'm going to beat you. Malone and Stockton best duo in the league? Pippen, lace up and lets show them how it's done.

That is why Michael is the greatest, he out performed and destroyed his peers. But in today's game, you have a player like LeBron quitting on his team and joining arguably the best player in the NBA team Wade. Which was utterly pathetic and cowardly in my gods honest opinion. I'm not alone on this, here's Jordan's thoughts on LeBron joining the Heat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiry6...e_gdata_player

Jordan wanted to beat his rivals, not join them. So If MJ had joined Bird or Magic, I would have forever viewed him as a ring chasing coward, but to our joy, we had a Alpha male in Jordan who was too mentally tough to commit such a horrible crime within the league.

Jordan, I thank you.

NBA rookie of the year Kurosawa0's Avatar

Default Re: How would we view Jordan if he became a beta male and joined Bird or Magic's Team?

Does anyone really still believe that LeBron is beta to Wade's alpha? LeBron has completely taken over that team. ESPN had an article up today about how Wade deals with the fact that LeBron is now the team's best player and leader.

Default Re: How would we view Jordan if he became a beta male and joined Bird or Magic's Team?

More importantly does anyone still believe all that hype that Jordan was any better at basketball than guys like Russell, Wilt, Oscar, Magic, Bird etc etc etc etc? Michael Jordan was the greatest shoe salesmen in history and he became an icon because of it - but it was only because he stood on the shoulders of giants before him who shed blood sweat and tears during the civil rights movement that he could even do that. As a basketball player and strictly speaking as a basketball player he's not a unanimous best ever. He's just one of the best. There are at least a handful of others who played the game at levels similar to the levels he played or even higher depending on what facets of the game your discussing or prioritizing as 'GOAT' criteria for example impact and competitiveness (Russell), or sheer dominance and talent (Wilt) or heck, a blend of both + all-time longevity (Kareem). Jordan isn't the end all be all.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Does anyone really still believe that LeBron is beta to Wade's alpha? LeBron has completely taken over that team. ESPN had an article up today about how Wade deals with the fact that LeBron is now the team's best player and leader.
    You really missed the point. I'm confident that Jordan would have been the best player on Magic's Lakers if he joined them. Still wouldn't make that move less cowardly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skip Bayless
    To remain with the team you started with, and to build a dominate title run after multiple failures reveals the true heart and soul of a great player. Leaving the Bulls to join the Lakers would have been the cowards way out for Jordan, but see ladies and gentlemen, Jordan embodies the true heart of not only a champion, but a mans man so to speak.
    So anyone who ever change teams (Kareem, Wilt, Shaq) are cowards. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    Yep, and OP is also forgetting MJ bailed on the Bulls too, 3 times (Barons, Tunes, Wizards)

Jordan would be the best player on the team if he joined Magic or Bird.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    lakers were not great when kareem and shaq joined while wilt has the same mentality as lebron. You could say that with magic but pgs really have beta mentality.

ISH' Muslim Community LEFT4DEAD's Avatar

Comparing Wade and Bosh to Bird and Magic...

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    lakers were not great when kareem and shaq joined while wilt has the same mentality as lebron. You could say that with magic but pgs really have beta mentality.
    In other words, everybody can have an excuse except for Lebron. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by LEFT4DEAD
    Comparing Wade and Bosh to Bird and Magic...
    +1

These stupid kids haven't been watching basketball for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
    Not to take anything away from your point, because you are right, but - you take anything written by that fatso Windhorst seriously?

3-time NBA All-Star

In other words, everybody can have an excuse except for Lebron. Gotcha.
    Hows that everybody when i said magic and wilt are betas? LOL what a dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksman
    Hows that everybody when i said magic and wilt are betas? LOL what a dumbass.
    2nd and 3rd best players of all times were betas

3-time NBA All-Star

2nd and 3rd best players of all times were betas
    only an idiot would think wilt is 2nd or 3rd LOL