Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star *LAKERS_3_PETE*'s Avatar

No doubt the Nuggs are a loaded gun but could backfire in the wrong way if not careful, as to being a dominant team there will a ? interms of AI and Melo coexisting with sharing the rock. Sure they both want to win a Championship but somewhere down the line one will have to take a step back and let the other be Da Man' coz it's kinda ironic to have both the leagues top 2 scorers being on the same team averaging the same number of points and I don't recall it happening before but I maybe wrong. Anyways the Nuggs no doubt will be a playoff team but I just don't see them dethroning the Mavs, Spurs and Suns as being the top 3 teams in the wild wild west.

My guess is that AI will have to relinquish being the top scorer on his team and in the process give up the chance of being the leagues scoring champ aswell with Carmelo being the Nuggets main man. I know AI is more mature now but as to being the 2nd fiddle on his new team is a role he isn't very familiar with and a role in which he might not accept too well (imo) besides 2 hogs don't neccessarily make a team right , not right for a title that is...stay tuned...

If It all works then the Nuggets could win the title. If Kenyon Martin gets healthly again I think realisticly they can make a great run at It next season.

Iverson
    Smith
    Melo
    Martin
    Camby

when all healthly is a very dangerous line-up. K-mart's presence is missed I feel. His defense, energy and rebounding is whats missing from the Nuggets at this moment.

NBA rookie of the year

Default re

Nuggets are what, 3 games behind Jazz? getting a fourth seed should be no big problem

Decent college freshman

Fact is everyone is fearing us at the moment. Because we have the best talent there is. When we play our best we will win easily even if any team around the league plays its best.

W R COMING AI IS THE BEST PLAYER ON PLANET

Very good NBA starter wally_world's Avatar

Defence? their perimeter is gonna get killed... without Andre Miller, the guards of other teams will run their offence! and i know i know... AI is a good defender, but just statistically, he still doesn't bring that 1 on 1 defence that most guards have... althought it doesn't seem important (Nash's case), but i think that will be the key to Denver's success...

College star

Everyone keeps comparing them to PHX "with defense". So, may I ask, how? Denver was top in the league with fast breaks last year. Know? The guy averaging almost 10 assists per night, who would usually start the fast break. Andre Miller....

...Who is gone. Granted, Iverson is the better player...but Miller was and is better at running this team.

Also, everyone just looka at JR Smith, Melo, and Iverson and says "110ppg or more". Hmm. If that was the case, then the Knicks should be averaging 130 per game, with all the scorers on their team. Guess what? They dont. Iverson coming to Denver will take a few shots away from JR smith undoubtly, and maybe more depending on what position he plays.

Sorry. I wanna SEE the Nuggets ANNHILIATE teams, including the Spurs, Mmavs, and Suns before I call them elite.

I rule the local playground joewait's Avatar

Nuggets will get the 7 or seed 8 and will proceed to get their asses handed to them on a platinum caviar dish by the mavs, spurs, or suns

Quote Originally Posted by joewait
    Nuggets will get the 7 or seed 8 and will proceed to get their asses handed to them on a platinum caviar dish by the mavs, spurs, or suns

bingo. no D, no chance.

adding a great scorer to a team that had no problem putting up points will only make a marginal difference in the standings.

atleast denver won't get destroyed in the 1st round like they have in previous years. when melo starts choking (and it WILL happen) they'll have iverson to ensure they score 100+ ppg.

other than JR smith, who's only skills consist of dunking, shooting and wearing bling, what 2guards to the nugs have? diawara? anyone else? i can't wait to watch a boykins/iverson backcourt get mauled by some of the big guard tandems out west.

We'll just have to wait and see. It's pretty obvious that someone's numbers are going to suffer. How will JR fit into all this? He might be taking a step back. Sharing the ball is going to be the key here.

I'm excitied to see AI play though. Too bad Melo is a moron and threw a punch. Now we won't know until the suspension is over.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hotsizzle
    I didnt know them contending with phx/mavs/spurs was an obvious consensus. I've also heard so much trash about them not co-exisiting
    Most of those people just hate Carmelo. Just like AAP has agendas against Kobe. You just ignore it. If they gel, I don't think anyone thinks AI on the Nuggets won't succeed.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Combo of having the 3rd easiest record inthe NBA so far, Melo and JR missing 15 and 10 games, and being in the west could easily lead to a first year letdown for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleTech
    bingo. no D, no chance.

adding a great scorer to a team that had no problem putting up points will only make a marginal difference in the standings.

Exactly. Denver is averaging 108 ppg and a big reason for that is a fast break lead by Miller.

Their weakness is their D. How is Iverson shooting 46% going to improve their defense, which is giving up 105 ppg?

i predict Iverson will take at least as many shots as Carmelo and shoot a much lower percentage. Then the Iverson groupies will start saying that Carmelo isn't really that good anyway and that iverson is shooting poorly because he is expending so much effort setting other guys up for easy shots....blah, blah blah.

In case nobody has noticed Iggy is averaging 20 ppg shooting 51% since iverson left.

You people don't know what you're talking about.

Miller didn't like to run, and held the ball too long, made opposing team's zone's effective as he had no range and no catch and shoot abilities, and I almost pissed my pants when someone said they're worst off defensively. This is the guy that allows Ellis to Lue look like allstars with his defense. He doesn't even try. HIs defense is an absolute joke. And Miller leading the fastbreak being missed is a joke. You know how there's a saying that people will run if they know the pg will get them the ball. Well the coaches have made the wings run and Miller runs when he feels like it. Its been a struggle to get him to run the offense right since he got there, Karl even had to change the offense this year to get the ball out of his hands earlier, and that only worked sometimes.

AI may get shots taken over him, but his overall hustle and disruption defensively is a HUGE upgrade, and Camby (one day) and Nene and Kenyon (one day) are back there to clean up. And atleast AI is fast enough to slow penetration and take charges, Miller is as slow a foot a pg there is.

So Blackwaves 110 is almost definate considering that team, has even more than Melo/AI/JR to score, and because they already scored 108 a game with Dre who held their offense back. People look at stats too much, I've been begging for Miller to go for 3 years now. He can't shoot, cannot create for others in the halfcourt, especially when defenses slow them down and their shots are off, doesn't move without the ball, overdribbles, Doesn't push the ball relentlessly on the dribble, only with long passes after guys leak out. AI is going to push the ball and create fastbreak pts that shouldn't be there. Going to drive and create, stop those long stretches when the others can't do anything and Melo has to force things, and just make plays for others. And his scoring is important, because most of you who just look at their boxscores don't see the games vs the likes of the Hawks or Grizz when the team can't score easy baskets, Miller looks lost, and Melo has to force things and they lose. That is gone with AI and Melo together.

Im sure AI will step back in the scoring dept, but the ball is still his as he should be competing for the assist leaders as a Nug. But he's going to make them a better defensive and offensive squad.
    Last edited by Y2Gezee; 12-22-2006 at 07:48 PM.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

The Nuggets will get to miss Andre Miller very soon. His game wasn't flashy, he was a step slow, he didn't have a range of Dan Majerle but he could get the job done for them.

I usually hit open layups LakersRuleTheNBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    The Nuggets will get to miss Andre Miller very soon. His game wasn't flashy, he was a step slow, he didn't have a range of Dan Majerle but he could get the job done for them.

Phil Jackson mentioned the same thing. PJ said Dre gave them an extra 3-4 wins a year, with his lop passes to Melo and Kmart.