Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: How good is Jeremy Lin as a 6th man?

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    talking to yourself again RG? back to being a rockets fan?. Comeback full circle/ After yao retierd you jumped on the Thunder, Heat, Lakers, Knicks and the Bulls and with Lin in Houston you are a Rockets diehard again? looool. You are a mentally sick individual!

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    thats terrible though.
    Thats not far off from past 6th man of the year stats

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    That's the thing that I don't get. People say "He had a bad season as a Rocket." but he had pretty much the same statistical year he did as a Knick the year prior during all the hype.

Knicks year: 45% FG% - 32% 3P% - 80% FT% - 3.1 RPG - 6.2 APG - 3.6 TOPG - 14.6 PPG

Rockets year: 44% FG% - 34% 3P% - 79% FT% - 3.0 RPG = 6.1 APG - 2.9 TOPG - 13.4 PPG

...He got an increase in minutes, but to be fair he wasn't going to get nearly the touches he got in New York because Carmelo was out and he was leading the team. This whole time during a Rocket Harden was having a career year.

Why does he warrant a bad year? Because he did't average 20/5/5 like the ridiculous people were wanting because of the hype?
    Exactly... I saw bad year and then I looked at the stats and was like I don't understand that. I think he thrives when given more responsibility so I think the second unit is perfect for him. I think he is one of those players where you play him between 20-30 minutes a night depending on the impact he is making.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    Exactly... I saw bad year and then I looked at the stats and was like I don't understand that. I think he thrives when given more responsibility so I think the second unit is perfect for him. I think he is one of those players where you play him between 20-30 minutes a night depending on the impact he is making.
    As a 6th man, how about comparing him to jarret jack?
    MPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG SPG BPG PPG
    29.7 .452 .404 .843 3.1 5.5 .8 .1 12.9

Overall Jack is more efficient, and imo the better player. but keep in mind that he was mostly doing it against 2nd units, and Lin had to distribute the ball to harden.

trivia question, can Lin win the 6th man of the year if he doesnt start anymore?

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    trivia question, can Lin win the 6th man of the year if he doesnt start anymore?
    Isaiah Thomas as 6th man >>> Lin so the answer is no

Local High School Star

He might do better off the bench cause he wouldn't need to defer to Harden that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    you have to look at his per 36 numbers. he had quite a few games in his breakout season with the knicks where he only played 1-2 minutes before he got some legit playing time which makes his stats look drastically worse because those are his per game stats. here's a comparison of the stats he put up per 36 minutes

NYK: 19.6 ppg on 44.6% shooting, 4.1 rpg 8.3 apg 2.1 spg
    HOU: 14.9 ppg on 44.1% shooting 3.4 rpg 6.8 apg 18 spg

he was quite a bit worse last year than he was the year before