Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: If Player A can destroy Player B in 1-on-1, and also win more in 5-on-5, then

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    all of those guys are centers. At an alltime great level. They absolutely destroy Mj. He wouldn't be able to stop a single score.
    That was one of MJ

I usually hit open layups

Default Re: If Player A can destroy Player B in 1-on-1, and also win more in 5-on-5, then

I would destroy Steph in 1 on 1 and 5 on 5

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egokiller
    That was one of MJ’s specialties. Shitting on centers. He was so GOAT he didn’t even need a good center to 3 peat.
    Exactly

He infact dominated the golden era of big men... as a SG.. changed the game from a big-man game to perimeter players' game

sdot simply gets owned on this one
    - he brought up the exact thing that MJ is known for - dominating bigs and the big men era

he excelled in shitting on centers who weren't his primary assignment. 1 on 1 is a completely different world. I'm not sure either of you have ever played. Nothing would stop any of those much larger guys from backing Mj down for however long it took to put up a bunnie each time. Yes they would have a tougher time guarding him out on he perimeter but why would they. They'd let him shoot and if he made em he made em but if he ends up on defense game over. Just too small for elite bigs. You guys think because he bullied Kwame Brown that he could handle Wilt? And this isn't even saying he'd lose each time out, just that he'd lose as much as anyone without refs or structure. You guys are real deal groupies.

It

[QUOTE=egokiller]It

Didn’t MJ struggle with Jerry Stackhouse 1v1?

Hell, iirc he struggled with Scott freaking Burrell 1v1

Far more likely they stop him than the other way around, cause y'know..... size. I don't need to say much more unless you want to add caveats like the bigs playing out of prime and Mj being in his absolute prime.
    Ur just wrong - bigs can't guard guys like Wade, MJ, Kobe - and posters are easier in 1-on-1 because it's impossible for the big to stay in front.

I remember dunking over Zach Randolph 4 times in a row using the same basic move. A hesitation left and blow-by, one dribble and dunk.. 4 times in a row I caught him.. too slow

But again, the 1-on-1 is just part of it - no one is better at team play except Russell, who MJ stomps 1-on-1

And btw, bigs like Wilt/Kareem/Shaq have a huge size advantage on lebron too, so it's moot... MJ and Kobe would destroy lebron 1-on-1, while also being better at 5-on-5.. so they're better...

MJ only lost by 1 point to Charlie Sheen and Martain Sheen (Both NBA walk on candidates before deciding to go into acting) 2v1 and we are questioning what he’d do 1v1 to those other guys? Come on now....

https://youtu.be/SR_PNDy-0KQ

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Ur just wrong - bigs can't guard guys like Wade, MJ, Kobe - and posters are easier in 1-on-1 because it's impossible for the big to stay in front.

I remember dunking over Zach Randolph 4 times in a row using the same basic move. A hesitation left and blow-by, one dribble and dunk.. 4 times in a row I caught him.. too slow

But again, the 1-on-1 is just part of it - no one is better at team.play except Russell, who MJ stomps 1-on-1

And btw, bigs like Wilt/Kareem/Shaq have a huge size advantage on lebron too, so it's moot... MJ and Kobe would destroy lebron 1-on-1, while also being better at 5-on-5.. so they're better...
    oh yeah zach randolph definitely compares to all time elite bigs in their respective pimes and yes they'd enjoy the same albeit smaller size advantage over Lebron you numb skull that was my point in the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

But again, the 1-on-1 is just part of it - no one is better at team play except Russell, who MJ stomps 1-on-1

You

[QUOTE=egokiller]MJ was able to beat Charlie Sheen and Martain Sheen (Both NBA walk on candidates before deciding to go into acting) 2v1 and we are questioning what he

oh yeah zach randolph definitely compares to all time elite bigs in their respective pimes and yes they'd enjoy the same albeit smaller size advantage over Lebron you numb skull that was my point in the 1st place.
    Right, and I compare to MJ/Kobe/Wade

Dude, I couldn't **** with Raja Bell, let alone those guys

Secondly, bigs like Wilt/Kareem/Shaq have a huge size advantage on lebron too, so it's moot...

The issue is that MJ and Kobe would destroy lebron 1-on-1, while also being better at 5-on-5.. so they're better...
    Last edited by 3ball; 06-17-2019 at 05:56 PM.

Where the hell is this dude getting that the Sheens were potential NBA players?

[QUOTE=RRR3]You