Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: ESPN ranked Kevin Love over Al Horford.

espn

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    The list is a projection of who will be the best players in 2015-2016. Else it would be a ranking of best players in 2014-2015.

I could be mistaken but I think the former, rather than the latter, is the point of that list.
    It's not even "best" player per say for next year.

"We asked, "Which player will be better in 2015-16?" To decide, voters had to consider both the QUALITY and the QUANTITY of each player's contributions to his team's ability to win games. Over 100 voters weighed in on nearly 30,000 pairs of players."

Though does this mean we expect Love to play as many games or more than horford? Eh? I mean that quantity thing is pretty iffy.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Love win shares: 8.7
    Horford win shares: 8.7

Eat shit. Your thread sucks.
    Love averaged 44% from the field to Horford's 56%. And he only averaged 1.2 more points LOL.

Horford averaged tons of more assists, blocks, way better +/-.

Your opinion sucks.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Love averaged 44% from the field to Horford's 56%. And he only averaged 1.2 more points LOL.

Your opinion sucks.
    use TS%

Banned

Love gonna be putting up 20/10 early on

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly

Your opinion sucks.
    Cool story.

Win shares.

ESPN's agenda with overrating Lebron's teammates continues

Duncan's lost a lot of his post game, sure, but it's still elite. Look at how he scored most of his points in the Clippers series - on the block (and he did it shooting 59%).

Yeah, he''s one-sided alright.

Oh, and Duncan last year put up 14/9/3 with elite defense. Horford put up 15/7/3 with underrated defense but still clearly worse than Duncan's.

19/11/3 in the Playoffs with soaring efficiency for Duncan. 14/8/4 with mediocre efficiency for Horford.

I'm a Horford fan, but he's not better than Duncan, or Love.
    Last edited by T_L_P; 10-25-2015 at 06:43 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    It's not even "best" player per say for next year.

"We asked, "Which player will be better in 2015-16?" To decide, voters had to consider both the QUALITY and the QUANTITY of each player's contributions to his team's ability to win games. Over 100 voters weighed in on nearly 30,000 pairs of players."

Though does this mean we expect Love to play as many games or more than horford? Eh? I mean that quantity thing is pretty iffy.
    I think ESPN builds in some ambiguity to protect itself in case it needs to backtrack. That sounds like a straw man but seems to be the reason they won't publicly reveal the RPM calculation.

Also, this is purely semantics, but how exactly is saying that the list is a compilation of "who is better" between a pair of players different than a list of the projected best players? Is the latter more of a pure leaguewide ranking whereas the former is the result of a several rounds of comparisons? Seems the same list would result

Banned

Do you have a date set for your meltdown this year?

We gonna have to wait for the playoffs to start?

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    Duncan's lost a lot of his post game, sure, but it's still elite. Look at how he scored most of his points in the Clippers series - on the block (and he did it shooting 59%).
    I dont watch enough of the spurs to really know, but do you think he could really survive making the post shots he made against deandre?

it felt like everything was well contested and that he had a hot hand, that if he had to take shots that tough over the course of a season, that he wouldn't score so efficiently?

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Do you have a date set for your meltdown this year?

We gonna have to wait for the playoffs to start?
    No clue what you are talking about. How many times do people confuse me with atljonesnbro lol.

I didn't even post during the cavs series, and posted maybe twice during Wiz series and didn't post during nets series.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    I dont watch enough of the spurs to really know, but do you think he could really survive making the post shots he made against deandre?

it felt like everything was well contested and that he had a hot hand, that if he had to take shots that tough over the course of a season, that he wouldn't score so efficiently?
    He really limits himself in the post during the Regular Season because using his full array of moves puts too much pressure on his busted knees.

He goes all out in the Playoffs which is when his efficiency in the post vastly increases.

So no, he couldn't do what he did against the Clippers for a full season - he'd break down pretty quick, and obviously he wouldn't be able to shoot 60% consistently. It's a shame that his knees are so bad because he's still one of the very best in the post; he just can't showcase that much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 24-Inch_Chrome
    Bro, whats wrong with you? That was a joke I posted while I was high. How the hell did you even take that serious?