Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Better peak: Chris Paul or Steph Curry (so far)

is that graph backwards?

Curry .

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    Where has he led them to exactly?

Have they even made a WCF?
    Im just pointing out a fact to help other posters make a decision

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel
    is that graph backwards?
    It's best worst seasons. The line graph was a bad idea. But again best to worst. And for each stat, so it's not same years. I wanted to just see best to worst in the stats with that. I can mess with it some if you'd like ti see it differently or with other data.

Hold up hoss...so people think its actually a debate as to Paul's peak year. This used to be established around here.

Banned

It's funny how people forgot that Steph Curry won his MVP award mainly because of his team record. Curry's Warriors are easily better than Paul's Hornets.

Chris Paul was the better individual player.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Hold up hoss...so people think its actually a debate as to Paul's peak year. This used to be established around here.
    Unless you're going to tell me the team being better in 08 was chris pual playing better and not his teammates still having gas in the tank/were just better I'm a bit at a loss how you'd take 08 over 09.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    2009 Paul was a step up at everything from 2008.

It's closer than that. I think Curry is a bit better.
    Not playoffs

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

little beta-boy curry does not even compare

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    but he has a harder time getting those shots off than he used to becasue of the lack of quickness compared to his former self. That is why when the team needs Paul to get his he isnt always able to do it. Old CP3 was able to do it.

Old CP3 also had elite movement and was able to stay in front of very quick guards. New CP3 is slower and has to gamble more and he is very good at it. I still prefer the CP3 with better ability to move his feet.

I prefer the 2008 version. That version has an argument for best point guard ever after Magic. He was really frickin good...this version isn't even best point guard in the league. 2008 CP3 would have had a lot more to counter Curry, instead Curry made a fool of 2015 CP3.
    I agree 08 is his peak but there are aspects of his game he is better at now

Dunking on everybody in the park

Both are a little overrated, but i go with Curry. Simply much better scorer. It is pretty close though. Let me say though, i never buy when people use Cp3's defense in comparisons. He's 5'11, the defensive impact from someone that small is limited.

High School Starter

It's funny how people forgot that Steph Curry won his MVP award mainly because of his team record. Curry's Warriors are easily better than Paul's Hornets.

and is Curry not the main reason for the Warriors having a great team?

Paul plays with one of the best players in the league and can't get out of the 2nd round to save his life.

in 08 Paul led his team to the worst playoff loss of all time, on his home court he let Melo's nuggets beat the Hornets by 60 points,

Paul consistently over dribbles, hesitates too much and is always looking to make the "assist [pass" and not always the best pass.

Curry does thing on the offensive end that Paul can't do, Paul on this Warriors team isn't getting out of the second round, they would have won 55 games in the regular season and lost to the Rockets in the second round... just like he did this year while having a better player (Griffin) beside him.

Paul these days isn't even the undisputed best player on his team.. still can't make the conference finals..

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv
    Unless you're going to tell me the team being better in 08 was chris pual playing better and not his teammates still having gas in the tank/were just better I'm a bit at a loss how you'd take 08 over 09.
    you mean the year he had to sit out with a knee injury for over a month and then came back(played only 45 games) and played worst. yea, ill go with 2008 Paul.

NBA lottery pick

Curry was first in VORP, WS/48. Second in WS and BPM (westbrook was ahead but with a lot less games played). He was third in PER to Westbrook and Davis who both played meaningfully less games than him.

He had MVP numbers if you're talking stats. His per games numbers actually suffered because his team was so good he sat out 4th quarters most of the year.

I'm still going with paul, but lets not act like he wasn't by most stats the best player last year. He didn't steal the MVP even if I'd have likely given it to harden by a hair.

I'm not even convinced Curry was better last season.

CP3 ran the best offense in the league and was one of the best defenders at his position. The only reason the Warriors were better than the Clippers was their defense which wasn't because of Curry. I thought they were real close last season and that wasn't even CP's peak as a player.

I don't think people realize how great of a player CP is. I can't name 5 PG's that have played at a higher level on both ends. Curry isn't one of them.