Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #12 - Steve Nash vs. Clyde Drexler

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    You are on my ignore list...why?
    I have no clue..?

Default Re: ISH All-time Top 25 Guards Project: #12 - Steve Nash vs. Clyde Drexler

He was on mine too.

I rule the local playground Soothing Layup's Avatar

Again, what for exactly?? I'm hardly even known around here I have 600 posts in 3 years...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

It's crazy to think this was even a debate, look how many people picked Drexler.

Just shows you how some present players can underappreciated.

Nash was clearly better, I stated this earlier in this thread (page 7)

Decent playground baller

Nash Steve, I guess, despite he was horrible defensively.

NBA lottery pick

Drexler no contest, got to finals twice as the man, Nash couldn't even with HCA or playing with a guy who won league mvp in Dirk.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatal9 View Post
    Nash is better but something for Clyde because he'll get overlooked...

Offensively he helped his teams in every way imaginable. Very good scorer, top 5 passer ever from the SG positions and by the numbers THE best offensive rebounding guard ever (most people don't realize this). No other guard has gotten over 3.5/game and he is the only one to average more than 3/game multiple times (he was good for putbacks couple of times a game). So dude scored 20-25 a game efficiently and in a way that fit well with the team (never pounded the ball, made his moves quickly), got putbacks and offensive rebounds for you at the rate of a center and passed/made plays at an elite level. On top of that he was a very active defender who was great at converting his defense ( or missed shots) into an easy fast break opportunity for his team. The only thing he lacked was handles that didn't really allow him to break down the defense like an MJ, Kobe or Wade, so if his jumper was off, you weren't gonna get great one on one scoring from him.

His teams were really talented, but imo his impact gets underrated because of that, especially offensively. Overall in his prime (
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234 View Post
    Fatal summed it up well, and I agree that Nash is better.

Nash in Phoenix has been pretty much an ideal point guard offensively. Not many other players possess anywhere near that type of passing ability and even fewer have the ability to take over a game and know the appropriate time to do so like Nash. Despite all of the talent he's played with, it's no coincidence that his Phoenix teams have regularly struggled with him out of the lineup.

I appreciate Nash even more over the years when I see him a 36/37 year old Nash lead a team like this recent Suns team to a 39-36 record when he played(and I think the 1-6 record without him is actually an accurate representation of how good they were without him).
    Fatal and Shaqattack, the GOAT ISH posters.

Both extremely knowledgeable. Fatal stopped posting because he said he wanted to focus more on work or school, Shaqattack admitted he had drug issues, stopped posting out of nowhere, hope he is fine. Nobody pissed off MJ stans like fatal, not only was he very intelligent, but a pretty skilled troll.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Fatal and Shaqattack, the GOAT ISH posters.

Both extremely knowledgeable. Fatal stopped posting because he said he wanted to focus more on work or school, Shaqattack admitted he had drug issues, stopped posting out of nowhere, hope he is fine. Nobody pissed off MJ stans like fatal, not only was he very intelligent, but a pretty skilled troll.
    Fatal stopped posting after getting broken down and then made up excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by kawhileonard2 View Post
    Fatal stopped posting after getting broken down and then made up excuses.
    I remember him making you cry a couple of times on your Duncan21formvp account.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    I remember him making you cry a couple of times on your Duncan21formvp account.
    I remember him being broken by me. I don't know who Duncan21 is.