Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Man somebody has to give Delonte West a shot

Quote Originally Posted by Fowl
    Check out this interview with him, explaining everything thats been going on.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTpwYSyA0tk

One of the saddest stories in the NBA and nobody even cares.. Delonte West always been one of my favorite players and he wants to play so bad but nobody is willing to give him a shot and its sad that NBA teams pass up on him because hes bipolar, its so unfair.
    I have some sympathy for the man and his struggles but even with his mental issues he still has earnt millions soooo life cant be that unfair for him.

Not to sound harsh but imagine where he'd be at if he had no basketball talent.

I remember seeing a video of him high as shit rapping about chicken during the cavs days, that shit was funny but why would NBA teams wanna give this guy a go? How serious is he about being better?

EDIT: FTR I cant watch the interview so basically know fvck all bout what he has been upto since being out of the nba.
    Last edited by BigMacAttack; 02-05-2015 at 09:03 PM.

royce white ruined it for all nba players with mental health problems.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    royce white ruined it for all nba players with mental health problems.
    Unfortunately this may be true. Royce white didn't just play a victim card he beat it to death. He came off less as a handicap and more as a narcissist and it will probably leave a bad stigma in the leagues interest to make accommodations for players that may have off court problems for a long time.

Ron Artest however has been a fantastic example of the success players can still have despite mental health issues. They just have to have the right attitude.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-05-2015 at 09:23 PM.

Banned

Can't watch this interview but when is it from? Last year he did an interview where he said he no longer considered himself bipolar and thought it was a misdiagnosis. He explained his gun charges too and his version makes a bit more sense.

I Rep the Thunder! Thunderfan86's Avatar

"Cheese and Butter, Shawty....Cheese and Butter"

Local High School Star SpanishACB's Avatar

so wait, he was baited from China for a reason right?

he doesn't say?

I always loved him on the cavs. Pound for pound was one of the best scoring bench guards in the league. Always loved that step back shot he has. Can create his own shot. He acted like a little thug though. And we know he ain't coming back to cleveland.

No.

How does my Dirk taste creepingdeath's Avatar

Liked him as a Mav. Not as a starting PG, but yeah.. feel for the dude.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Unfortunately this may be true. Royce white didn't just play a victim card he beat it to death. He came off less as a handicap and more as a narcissist and it will probably leave a bad stigma in the leagues interest to make accommodations for players that may have off court problems for a long time.

Ron Artest however has been a fantastic example of the success players can still have despite mental health issues. They just have to have the right attitude.
    yup. attitude and an honest attempt to overcome the disability. you are right artest is a great example. White on the other hand came off as an entitled prima donna who wanted everything handed to him. it made teams walk on eggshells around him and the rockets bent over backwards to accommodate him, even though it was undeserved. i don't think any team wants to be accused of failing to accommodate a handicap and be held hostage to a player like white again. it's not worth the headache.

One of my favorite Cavs of all time. I don't think I've met a Cavs fan who didn't like him while he was there.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

I spoke to Delonte really briefly in the tunnel in Seattle. It was during the Sonics last season. Through craigslist or ebay, I became friends with someone who was in the film crew. I bought a bunch of VIP courtside seats for mad cheap. Good times. And Delonte was nice. Hope he gets another chance.

Local High School Star

''Ohh didn't your dad have sex with Lebron momma?''

What you guys think, it was true or just a rumour?

EDIT- lol he actually admits it for the first time- ''people making fun of him(his kid) for something his father DID'' and then he says ''Ohh didn't your dad have sex with Lebron momma?''
    Last edited by LBJ 23; 02-06-2015 at 05:38 PM.

Nobody could ever dislike Delonte personally from a fan's perspective.

Also had one of the sweetest mid-range jumpers in the NBA.

He was a pretty damned good player for a while, but between his mental problems and off the court issues + not having played for a couple years, nobody is going to give him a shot.

Getting caught on a motorcycle with a guitar case full of guns has to be one of the craziest things an NBA player has ever done, so he'll always have that.