Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

Default Re: So who is the third best SG of all time?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    No they're not. Close, yes, but damn sure not interchangeable. Kobe is ahead of West in the all-time list and as an overall player. I've been trying not to say it, but your agenda is clear as f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck. Stop propping up West to bring down Kobe and Wade.
    It's Close... Anything that's close is interchangable to me. Just different criterias

Yeah, no worries, you've mad that clear enough already, lol..

But **** me for responding just because I love History... Stop accusing.

This guy:

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    It's Close... Anything that's close is interchangable to me. Just different criterias

Yeah, no worries, you've mad that clear enough already, lol..
    It's not the same thing dude

Prime Duncan and KG are close as players. They're not interchangeable, I'm building around peak Duncan every chance I get, with 100% certainty.

Shaq and Hakeem are close...still not interchangeable. I'm taking peak Shaq over peak Hakeem 10 times out of 10.

Kareem and Shaq? Now that might be interchangeable if we're going by sheer dominance at their best.

But not every comparison is interchangeable just because you want it to.

It's not the same thing dude

Prime Duncan and KG are close as players. They're not interchangeable, I'm building around peak Duncan every chance I get, with 100% certainty.

Shaq and Hakeem are close...still not interchangeable. I'm taking peak Shaq over peak Hakeem 10 times out of 10.

Kareem and Shaq? Now that might be interchangeable if we're going by sheer dominance at their best.

But not every comparison is interchangeable just because you want it to.
    Lol... Who are you to decide that?

That's 100% Opinion, dude...

I don't think any of that is Close btw except for Kareem/Shaq...

KG vs TD is close if we pick one single season, KG makes it close with 2004. But beyond that, Duncan's prime lasts too long...

Hakeem isn't that close to Peak Shaq either... You know what I feel would be close? Peak Jordan... Now thats interchangeable.

West's/Kobe's prime just lasted twice as Long
    Again, exaggerated. I'm curious what you consider West's/Kobe's prime.

Lol... Who are you to decide that?

That's 100% Opinion, dude...

I don't think any of that is Close btw except for Kareem/Shaq...

KG vs TD is close if we pick one single season, KG makes it close with 2004. But beyond that, Duncan's prime lasts too Long...

Hakeem isn't that close to Peak Shaq either... You know what I feel would be close? Peak Jordan... Now thats interchangeable.
    2004 KG and 2003 TD is very close. 2 highest PF peaks ever. There's a legitimate case to be made that KG's level during that MVP season was higher than any Duncan season aside from his back to back MVP years.

And if we factor in Hakeem's insane defensive impact to along with his 28/4 on offense (33/5 in one of his championship playoff runs)...it's close. Certainly Shaq, but it's close.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

2004 KG and 2003 TD is very close. 2 highest PF peaks ever. There's a legitimate case to be made that KG's level during that MVP season was higher than any Duncan season aside from his back to back MVP years.

And if we factor in Hakeem's insane defensive impact to along with his 28/4 on offense (33/5 in one of his championship playoff runs)...it's close. Certainly Shaq, but it's close.
    KG was taring apart the lakers frontline in the 2004 WCF. Give him a fully healthy team and that could go 7 and in favor of the wolves. KG that year was a beast and a true warrior.

Respect.

That's really what I just said... If you go single-season, it is... So you agree with me those would be interchangable? Thanks for proving my point.

That's really what I just said... If you go single-season, it is... So you agree with me those would be interchangable? Thanks for proving my point.
    Note where I said "aside from his back to back MVP years" for Duncan. Meaning, I'd still take those peak years of Duncan over peak MVP KG every single time. So it's still not interchangeable. Despite it being close.

Note where I said "aside from his back to back MVP years" for Duncan. Meaning, I'd still take those peak years of Duncan over peak MVP KG every single time. So it's still not interchangeable. Despite it being close.
    Now you're talking about several seasons again?

Yes, then it isn't interchangable.. Also what I said.

"There's a legitimate case to be made that KG's level during that MVP season was higher than any Duncan season aside from his back to back MVP years."

I'm reading it again trying to figure this out....

"There's a case to be made that KG in 2004 was better than Duncan from 2000-2001 and 2004-now?"

Yes, that would be correct... also goes without saying, really.
    Last edited by ArbitraryWater; 10-18-2014 at 09:01 PM.

In comparing West and Kobe, it's totally legitimate to note West's better FG%, both in the regular season and the playoffs. This is not just a matter of the raw numbers, but also in proportion to the league. (West was in the top 10 four times, something Kobe never sniffed.) I don't doubt that Kobe is more talented, but part of being great is making good decisions and playing a team game.

Now you're talking about several seasons again?

Yes, then it isn't interchangable.. Also what I said.

"There's a legitimate case to be made that KG's level during that MVP season was higher than any Duncan season aside from his back to back MVP years."

I'm reading it again trying to figure this out....

"There's a case to be made that KG in 2004 was better than Duncan from 2000-2001 and 2004-now?"

Yes, that would be correct... also goes without saying, really.
    We're talking about 1-2 seasons for peak Duncan and 1 season for peak KG.

I'm gonna be blunt about this...if you don't think 2004 MVP KG is close to 2003 MVP Duncan, you don't know what you're talking about. They're really ****ing close. But I'm still taking Duncan every single time if I'm a GM and I need one of them for one season. Difference between close and interchangeable.

High School Starter

It's not Longevity

West's/Kobe's prime just lasted twice as Long

West/Kobe are same Tier... Interchangable. Ranking Players that way makes more sense.
    You say it's not longevity and then you say their prime lasted twice as long. Do you know what longevity means? Cause you basically just contradicted yourself.

So what the hell is your argument for West being a better player than Wade but at the same time he's interchangeable with Kobe? Wade and Kobe are on the same tier as players, literally equals at their best. You can't say West is a better than one and than say he's interchangeable with the other.

And one more time, with those god-like Finals numbers you posted for West and since you want to ignore the fast pace, how is Kobe in the same tier as him? I mean, not even one of Kobe's Finals have even been in the same stratosphere as West's. So please, enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    You say it's not longevity and then you say their prime lasted twice as long. Do you know what longevity means? Cause you basically just contradicted yourself.

So what the hell is your argument for West being a better player than Wade but at the same time he's interchangeable with Kobe? Wade and Kobe are on the same tier as players, literally equals at their best. You can't say West is a better than one and than say he's interchangeable with the other.

And one more time, with those god-like Finals numbers you posted for West and since you want to ignore the fast pace, how is Kobe in the same tier as him? I mean, not even one of Kobe's Finals have even been in the same stratosphere as West's. So please, enlighten me.
    The dude has no consistent argument...but the underlying agenda is obvious. Bring down Wade, bring down Kobe. The only way to do that in this topic is to bring up Jerry West.

Hell, if we're going with his argument and using Jerry West's god-like finals numbers, is West not better than Lebron?

Lebron's 2 best finals series:

2012: 29/10/7/2 on 56% TS

2014: 28/8/4/2 on 68% TS

Whereas Jerry West has....
    Jerry West 1962 NBA finals: 31.1ppg / 5.2rpg / 2.7apg on 45.6% FG

Jerry West 1963 NBA finals: 29.5ppg / 6.8rpg / 4.5apg on 49% FG

Jerry West 1966 NBA finals: 33.9ppg / 6.4rpg / 5.1apg on 51.5% FG

Jerry West 1968 NBA finals: 31.3ppg / 5.8rpg / 5.3apg on 51.4% FG

Jerry West 1969 NBA finals: 37.9ppg / 4.7rpg / 7.4apg on 49% FG

Jerry West 1970 NBA finals: 31.3ppg / 3.4rpg / 7.7apg on 45% FG
    By his logic, Jerry West's 4th best finals series is as impressive or more than any of Lebron's finals.

Obviously peak West > Lebron, am I right?

NaturalWR: You aren't supposed to break down at 31.... In your 11th season. Not longevity yet, and you know it.. Deal with West being better for a longer time span.

The dude has no consistent argument...but the underlying agenda is obvious. Bring down Wade, bring down Kobe. The only way to do that in this topic is to bring up Jerry West.

Hell, if we're going with his argument and using Jerry West's god-like finals numbers, is West not better than Lebron?

Lebron's 2 best finals series:

2012: 29/10/7/2 on 56% TS

2014: 28/8/4/2 on 68% TS

Whereas Jerry West has....

By his logic, Jerry West's 4th best finals series is as impressive or more than any of Lebron's finals.

Obviously peak West > Lebron, am I right?
    Whats not consistent?

West and LeBron, right off the bat, aren't that cvlose... LeBron has a better Peak, prime, LONGER too, will have more longevity, similar scorer, better playmaker, Defender, etc.

BTW, why leave out LeBron's 2013 finals?

Y'all don't need to get so upset about West having superior finals numbers than Wade... One of Wade's biggest Argument is his 2006 Finals. Well, West did that about 5 times. AND he has WAY more elite seasons than Wade... Then again you talk about "better", and talk about '09 Wade only... How convenient and fair, when West has a much longer prime.

Greats aren't supposed to break down at 31... Wade hasn't added a 3-point shot.

Obviously you still haven't given me anything about Kobe being so much better as PLAYER that its NOT interchangable... I'm waiting.

There isn't anything. That's the great thing. You will need to go the "5 ringz" route.