Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #346
Batman
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 736
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
How is that funny? He's injured and not coming until around all-star break

many people thought it was a knock on mcgrady. to the person who wrote that shows he has alot of basketball knownledge because mcgrady isnt coming back until halfway through the season.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:06 PM   #347
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)
 
O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,968
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

300+responded, 8.8k+ viewed and counting
I'm too big for ISH.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:08 PM   #348
The Joker
Agent of Chaos
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 982
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)
Better than O.J. Mayo
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 07:57 PM   #349
Batman
Made that high school varsity squad
 
Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 736
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker
Better than O.J. Mayo
this
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:06 AM   #350
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)
 
O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,968
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Highflyer do some f*cking research before you make a thread.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:53 AM   #351
oh the horror
NBA Legend
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 15,497
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton
TMac was god damn ridiculously good. Yes, he was better than Kobe. He was better than Kobe ever has been. This fiction that there is something inherently "winner" in Kobe and inherentlly "loser" in Tmac needs to stop. Most heroes are made and Kobe is most definitely made. His work ethic is stronger than Tmac's there's no doubt about that. But Kobe's work ethic is merely a product of the same selfishness and impatience that makes him less effective, and less conducive to winning, than he otherwise could be.

But having great teams and great coaches around him from day one has *made* him a winner, both in terms of results and reputation. Tmac would have won just as much as Kobe did in his shoes.

Tim Duncan is a flat, emotionless, offensively passive player. Yet he is considered a winner of the first order, and why? Two reasons. One is that he is a very consistent offensive player who makes his teammates better - just like Tmac does. Two is that he is a part of the greatest organization in recent sports history. From day one of his career he has been in the best possible situation. Perfect roleplayers. Rookie year was the final piece of the puzzle for an already good team. Top 3 coach in NBA history... all these things made him what he is today. And he is that - if you took away all these things and stuck him on LA Clippers he'd still be a "winner" (though not to the same extent) but if he had been on LA Clippers from day one who on earth knows how he would have turned out?

Tmac consistently showed up in the playoffs, and in a big way. He never had the team, the organization, he coach. There's really no reason to believe that given Gregg Popovich and all that other stuff, he couldn't have won a few championships? I'm not suggesting he's Duncan's equal, or even could be, because Duncan's defensive impact is huge. But Tmac gets underappreciated. All these guys are considered losers, and then they get some decent teammates, win a ring or come close, and all of a sudden they're great leaders with tremendous intangibles (Pierce, Garnett). Fans are fickle.


Couldnt agree more.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockets(T-mac)
I don't get where the whole McGrady has no heart thing comes from, is because he never made it out of the first round? I guess Grant Hill has no heart either.

Is it because he was injured so much? I guess Hill, Penny, Yao have no heart either.

Go look at his playoff games, and tell me that he didn't give it his all every time. People just go along with the "he has no heart" thing, without looking at the facts. IMO he "choked" in the playoffs twice, in the series against Detroit and the series against Dallas, even neither were entirely his fault.



Its the same hatred, and insane logic as when people refer to EVERY OTHER player as a "cancer" without any real explanations. Some of these situations require actual well thought out answers....yet very few can provide why they feel such about certain players....most of the time, the "facts" are mere speculation.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:03 AM   #352
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09
 
phoenix18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: ATL
Posts: 14,985
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Why bother arguing about Kobe here? It doesnt matter what you say, people are still going to think whatever they want. It gets tired.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 PM   #353
The_Yearning
NBA lottery pick
 
The_Yearning's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,919
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Orlando T-Mac was the best player in the damn game, undisputed. When he got traded to Houston, that was the time where the focus was entirely on Kobe because of the Shaq fiasco and T'Mac's injuries started to ensue...

ISH is horrible if they think Kobe > T-Mac in his prime Orlando days...and 08-09 Wade better then Prime T=Mac? Hop off the crack chump.
The_Yearning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:02 AM   #354
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)
 
O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,968
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

i hope tmac comes back better than ever.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:02 PM   #355
D.J.
College superstar
 
D.J.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Astoria, NY
Posts: 4,988
Default Re: So Just How Good Was Tracy McGrady in (02-03)

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
i hope tmac comes back better than ever.


It's not happening. He'll be 31 in May and he had major knee surgery not long ago. The man is finished.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

2019 FIBA World Cup

Team USA Basketball

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy