Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 96 Bulls Vs 2014 Spurs

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    are you nuts?
    they beat the bad boys, the oakley-ewing-mason-xman knicks, the davis brothers pacers, the zo-willis-kurt thomas heat... they SWEPT the shaq-penny-horace grant-magic...

they had dennis freaking rodman and michael jordan. nobody pushed them around.

Gotta love how these kids try to tell us how the Bulls played and what they were capable of when they were too young to have seen them play, right?

96 Bulls in 5, maybe 6 games.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Hey Teannet, you remember that game vs the Heat in 97 when Mourning hit Pippen and gave him that mouse on his forehead?

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about.
    i know, it's ridiculous...

after 92, when x-man played him very physically, pippen didnt back down from nobody. fukk it, pippen got leveled by rodman before and got back up.

pippen-rodman-luc LONGley (7'2") were not exploitable by physical play.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

lets just not try to downgrade the greatness of MJ ok ?

for goodness sake he didn't lose in the finals is it hard to comprehend?

I know its a team game but he is the alpha of the team and they won it all .
    Next

you seriously think that the shawn kemp gary payton hersey Hawkins detlef Schrempf line up is a joke compared to the spurs this year...

Tony parker may not even score for a long stretch if guarded by GP. Kemp would give trouble to the front court of the spurs. He wasn't a great scorer alright but the dude is like on steroids when he played the bulls .. the sonics beat Houston and the jazz

if dallas pushed SA to 7 games I don't see why the 96 sonics wont beat them.

before we even talk about 96 bulls vs 2014 spurs.

try to post a legit argument if the spurs can beat that team like the bulls did.
    Last edited by veilside23; 06-16-2014 at 04:54 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Bulls in six, Pippen would shut down Leonard, Jordan would be able to handle a 37 year old Ginobli.

Rodman would get his usual 13-15 boards a night. Spurs would not be able to stop Jordan from scoring and the Bulls as a group are far mentally tougher.

Duncan would do his thing, but he's too old at this stage of the game to bother the Bulls too much. They'd let him have his 15/10.

Also unlike Miami's overrated defence, the Bulls are the real deal there, Jordan/Pippen/Rodman are legit three of the top 6-8 defenders to ever play the game, they would change the series.

Bulls in 5... MAYBE 6 if the Spurs got super hot like in game 3

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    I seen a lot of dummies claiming the 2014 Spurs are better because they made a horrible defensive team look just like they are. Dallas with their old ads players took them to 7 because their Coach was competent to realize you don't give them open 3s. What would Goat coach Phil Jackson do who mostly destroyed Pop over the years.
    Have some guts to support your claim you prick.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=342025
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...2&postcount=12

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    Phil destroys him in 00,01,02,04, and 08. What's this nonsense about Pop being a better Coach.
    Lack of context.

- 2000; Tim Duncan was injured.
    - 2001; only 15+ ppg Spurs (besides Duncan) Derek Anderson was injured.
    - 2002; David Robinson was injured.
    Especially in 2001 and 2002 the Spurs looked like they were contenders just because Tim Duncan was only 2nd to Shaq.

No point of bringing up 3peat seasons.

- 2008; despite being the defending-champs, the Spurs were really old besides the trio and the old ones produced nothing throughout the playoffs. Also saying it was just Kobe and Gasol is being disrespectful to Lamar Odom whom was 14/10/3/1/1 guy in the playoffs.

-----

I agree, P-Jax is the goat coach. But your reasoning is way too off. Straight up BS.
    Riley is one of the major candidates for the goat coach title yet he got swept twice in the NBA Finals and his record in the Finals is below .500 (26-27). Yet nobody trashed him for that and tried to praise P-Jax or Pop.

Case closed.

And Rick Carlisle was the only challenge in the postseason Pop faced. He did a great job against the Spurs by surprising defensive calls/schemes.

How about Rick Adelman forcing a Game 7 in 2009 against the Lakers and your precious Jackson while the MVP of his team wasn't available for half of the series.

If I see you keeping this attitude, I'm going to be your nightmare pal. You're almost as awful as stans.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by veilside23
    lets just not try to downgrade the greatness of MJ ok ?

for goodness sake he didn't lose in the finals is it hard to comprehend?

I know its a team game but he is the alpha of the team and they won it all .
    Next

you seriously think that the shawn kemp gary payton hersey Hawkins detlef Schrempf line up is a joke compared to the spurs this year...

Tony parker may not even score for a long stretch if guarded by GP. Kemp would give trouble to the front court of the spurs. He wasn't a great scorer alright but the dude is like on steroids when he played the bulls .. the sonics beat Houston and the jazz

if dallas pushed SA to 7 games I don't see why the 96 sonics wont beat them.

before we even talk about 96 bulls vs 2014 spurs.

try to post a legit argument if the spurs can beat that team like the bulls did.
    TeaPea nearly took away the nickname "The Glove" from GeePee 1v1 from day 1 lmao

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Bulls in six, Pippen would shut down Leonard, Jordan would be able to handle a 37 year old Ginobli.

Rodman would get his usual 13-15 boards a night.
    Spurs would not be able to stop Jordan from scoring and the Bulls as a group are far mentally tougher.

Duncan would do his thing, but he's too old at this stage of the game to bother the Bulls too much. They'd let him have his 15/10.

Also unlike Miami's overrated defence, the Bulls are the real deal there, Jordan/Pippen/Rodman are legit three of the top 6-8 defenders to ever play the game, they would change the series.
    Ummmm no. Not happening No way even the great MJ could handle that ambidextrous livewire at any age. He could only hope to contain him or let him do the team in like last year. And TD would rise to the challenge of boarding with Rodman all day all night. You see, he does whatever the team needs out of him at any given time.