Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 71415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Draft,

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2015 Draft,

Looks like it's Stanley Johnson. They had their choice. Hopefully it's the right one. Something tells me Booker is going to be the best available player at that pick though.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Yeah very happy with the selection, 6'7 and 245 pounds, projects to be a great to elite defender in this league.

Reggie / KCP / Stanley / Dre

Nice athletic defensive core to move forward with,

Let's see if we can get lucky with our 2nd rounder

And p.s no matter how you spin it - Winslow to Miami at #10 is an incredible steal

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Yeah very happy with the selection, 6'7 and 245 pounds, projects to be a great to elite defender in this league.

Reggie / KCP / Stanley / Dre

Nice athletic defensive core to move forward with,

Let's see if we can get lucky with our 2nd rounder

And p.s no matter how you spin it - Winslow to Miami at #10 is an incredible steal
    Yeah, Miami is super happy. Charlotte makes another bone headed pick lol.

I think Charlotte getting Batum pushed MKG to the 2 guard and they are highly invested in him as a prospect, so Booker in their eyes was not a priority...

But, idiots!! Booker would have been perfect there, I'm happy we didn't bite on him over Stanley, but he would have made sense at #9

We got Johnson?!? Yes!!!!!

Can't really keep up cause I'm in vietnam.

Man we got a nice, young defensive core now!

Super, super bummed with our second rounder, Darrun Hilliard.

He wasn't even projected to be selected at all, and we took him high in the 2nd,

6'6 SG who is more or less a deep shooter. Not sure how he fits in our team with Meeks and KCP already locked into that position.

Would have thought a backup C/PF was a MUCH higher priority and there were some actual decent candidates available

Aw wel, just a 2nd rounder, best of luck to him at summer league

If we were going to take another guard / wing, I would have preferred Pat Connaughton, better shooter, better athlete...

Super, super bummed with our second rounder, Darrun Hilliard.

He wasn't even projected to be selected at all, and we took him high in the 2nd,

6'6 SG who is more or less a deep shooter. Not sure how he fits in our team with Meeks and KCP already locked into that position.

Would have thought a backup C/PF was a MUCH higher priority and there were some actual decent candidates available

Aw wel, just a 2nd rounder, best of luck to him at summer league
    SVG likes having a plethora of flame throwing, 3-ballers. What makes this pick bad? Not too versed with this guy, but given the system everyone believes in so much, seems like he'd be the perfect spot up shooter for Dre to kick out, too.

Yeah I guess i'm not too mad at the pick, was just a knee jerk reaction as I was sure we were going to get Dre some help at the C (he is actually the only "big guy" we have on the roster, who plays C if he fouls out / gets injured.. Tolliver?...

Hilliard is a lefty (bonus) and his jumpshot is pretty amazing, especially from deep - great mechanics. Led Villanova in points, steals and 3's.

As I said, best of luck to him making the roster, I just can't believe someone like Holmes went un-drafted! I was hoping he would be there at #38 but wasn't holding my breath.... hrmmm

Yeah I guess i'm not too mad at the pick, was just a knee jerk reaction as I was sure we were going to get Dre some help at the C (he is actually the only "big guy" we have on the roster, who plays C if he fouls out / gets injured.. Tolliver?...

Hilliard is a lefty (bonus) and his jumpshot is pretty amazing, especially from deep - great mechanics. Led Villanova in points, steals and 3's.

As I said, best of luck to him making the roster, I just can't believe someone like Holmes went un-drafted! I was hoping he would be there at #38 but wasn't holding my breath.... hrmmm
    Dude shame on me. I've been thinking about PF and SF so much, I ignored the fact we only have one true center. did not notice we signed Anthony to one year. Yea I see your concern.

We don't even need anyone skillful, just a big body that can protect the rim a little, play physical and set screens.

Aaron Gray for instance,

I was sure we were going to grab Dakari with #38, 7 foot and 270 pound coming from Kentucky, would have been a decent option.

Wonder who are the free agents we can sign as cheap backup C, perhaps Anthony again? He worked out quite well actually

We don't even need anyone skillful, just a big body that can protect the rim a little, play physical and set screens.

Aaron Gray for instance,

I was sure we were going to grab Dakari with #38, 7 foot and 270 pound coming from Kentucky, would have been a decent option.

Wonder who are the free agents we can sign as cheap backup C, perhaps Anthony again? He worked out quite well actually
    I definitely wouldn't mind signing back Anthony. Maybe darko can sign for the minimum and make a return? Lol

We can make fun of him all we want, but darko ended up being a fairly decent rim protector! Lol,

I hear we could be looking at Koufos, bismack, wright, and even Anthony again..

Koufos could be interesting as he actually has some post offense skills, good contrast to Dre

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Yeah, Miami is super happy. Charlotte makes another bone headed pick lol.
    I thought they did good with Kaminsky. No way they could take Winslow with Batum and MKG on that roster

Decent college freshman

Believe it or not, Hilliard is who I've wanted this whole time. He's not a superstar, but at 38 I like getting a guy with his length and shooting.

As for Johnson, he's not who I wanted, but he is a good fit and SVG is clearly in love with him, so I'll give it a fair shot. He's a good fit to go against guys like Butler,Giannis,Lebron and George in our division. SVG seems to really believe in him as a shooter(and in our shooting coach), so we will see how that goes.

I like Johnson's attitude a ton and he supposedly has a great work ethic, so that's always good to hear.