Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 512131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Draft,

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: 2015 Draft,

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    ^^ Yeah me either, but I would have thought he has more chance sliding to 8 than Dre sliding to 9?!@#$? haha, the draft day really can be quite crazy so who knows...

Say Mudiay does slip to 8, we clearly just don't resign Reggie.... Right?
    I would think they would spend that money elsewhere, although I think Reggie and Mudiay could play together. They definitely would need to trade Jennings at that point (if they kept Reggie). PG is such a valuable position I can't see someone like Mudiay dropping like that though.

NBA lottery pick

Moose is far better than Ilyasova. It's not even close. Dre can't lead a team to a championship at this point. I need to see a vast improvement from him. KCP could be a decent player but he's not going to score the ball like a James Harden. Reggie isn't a guy that can put up numbers like a Westbrook. So none of these guys (who are our core) are good enough to lead us to a championship. We are going to be stuck in mediocrity for quite a while. It's what scared me all this time. It certainly looks like it's coming true. We would need to hope that the young guys really really really get better. That and whatever this pick is ends up being the steal of the century.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Moose is far better than Ilyasova. It's not even close. Dre can't lead a team to a championship at this point. I need to see a vast improvement from him. KCP could be a decent player but he's not going to score the ball like a James Harden. Reggie isn't a guy that can put up numbers like a Westbrook. So none of these guys (who are our core) are good enough to lead us to a championship. We are going to be stuck in mediocrity for quite a while. It's what scared me all this time. It certainly looks like it's coming true. We would need to hope that the young guys really really really get better. That and whatever this pick is ends up being the steal of the century.
    They are still so young man, they need time to develop and realise their potential, especially Dre, big men always take a little longer to develop, but he is just a raw 21 year old. and KCP is still just 20 (I think).. It is a process but we have some good foundations in our young core (including this years pick) and SVG to grow into something great.. We will be looking at 6-8 seed for the next 2 years I would predict, then after that is where we have to be making our huge jump when our young core is in the 22 - 26 year bracket...

Oh yeah Moose is wayyyy better than Ilyasova as a player, Moose was still the best player on our team last year when healthy. Moose will put up 20/10 on his new team, or close to it.

But I think Ilyasova might be better at 2 facets of the game - shooting the ball, and defending. Every other facet, scoring / passing / rebounding / awareness / hustle etc, Moose has him covered...

I think overall, ilyasova is a better defender outright. But when banging with bigs, I'd take moose. Moose just seems to take up more space and has the bball iq to hold bigs. What always striked me impressive with moose was his ability to strip the ball. He can hold his position and has great hands.

If we are switching pick and roll, I take ilyasova, but his feet still don't have the quickness I'd want on that switch. It's going to be Drummond that has to come help on that if/once the ball handler flies by ilyasova. The point of that is moose was so bad at that, it wouldn't matter. So is ilyasova, so its picking between bad and worse.

So now we have a worse post defender that has mildly faster feet.

I get it. Moose is walking. We need a replacement. But to jump head first into ilyasova during the playoffs...man. It was like jumping the gun on Meeks to get 3 point shooter. And we had tolliver, Luigi, jerebko already last year.

I watched a lot of bucks games last year (they were prob my second favorite team to watch because of the Greek freak.) I didn't even see sova get that much pt. Yea they had abcs, henson, Parker, and Sanders for a bit to share time, but isn't that a little telling? An 8 year vet can't get starter pt over these (no pun intended) young bucks.

Not sure if I'm making sense Aussie.
    Last edited by ZMonkey11; 06-24-2015 at 12:02 AM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I think the majority of people would think Turner is a stretch at #8, most mocks I see him going #12 - #15 range,

You must clearly see something special in him, I think I do too. I guess I just feel like he is almost, like a boom or bust player, almost... Huge potential and huge ceiling, I just think we could trade down to say #12 and get more assets and select him.

I have seen Mudiay slipping to the Pistons in a mock just this morning, meaning we would not need to near max Reggie, and can dedicate all those funds to say a Butler... Thoughts on this? (I have not once considered Mudiay at #8, purely because he was ALWAYS a top 4 lock)...
    Yah, I think Barnes misused Turner quite a bit. Not a lot of guys are 7' with the ability to both shoot and protect the rim. He has potential to be a rare and valuable commodity.

^^ You make great points mate ^^

I just think he was used wrong in his last few years at the bucks, and he has never really been on a good team (not that we are classified as a "good" team). The thing is, we pretty much got a solid rotation level player for nothing (in a way)... And, in my opinion, there isn't a coach in the league who would better know how to utilize a player such as Ilyasova. He is in the best possible place to capitalize on his skill set.

Moose has some of the best hands in the league for a big man, I agree

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    I already said you can argue the chip in miami. I kinda led with that. But besides the one run to the finals with Orlando, he's fielded good teams. Heavily favored Cleveland as in the were led by Lebron and mo will?

And in Orlando, didn't they have a haus of a defensive player in mikael pietrus (sp?). We are becoming a team that shoots 3s and nothing else. It's going to be a lil difficult to build a ****ing wall when moose walks and is replaced by a bigger liability on the defensive end in ilyasova.

This team isn't close to what he had in Orlando. That Orlando team would shit on us. We got three point shooters, give me some ****ing defense.
    KCP's a stud defender. He did very well with Turk and Rashard Lewis at the F spots with Jameer/Alston at the point. I do think we need more D, but just giving some examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    KCP's a stud defender. He did very well with Turk and Rashard Lewis at the F spots with Jameer/Alston at the point. I do think we need more D, but just giving some examples.
    And the chances we get a good defender with #8 are fairly high

Winslow / WCS / Stanely / Turner - All can wind up being great to elite defenders

* Hezonja - Has the tools / athleticism to become a good to great defender with dedication

And also Reggie can wind up being a very handy defender under SVG's system, has great size.

I guess another bonus to Turner is that he will be a legit 7 footer who can protect the rim, so when Dre goes to the bench he can just switch over to the C and do a time share with Ilyasova at PF,

Dre 34 minutes at C

Ilyasova 28 minutes PF

Turner 10 minutes C, 14 minutes PF

Something to that effect...

And to further touch upon that, all of our options at #8 appear to be potential dual positional players,

* Winslow SF / SG
    * Hezonja SG / SF
    * Stanley SF / SG / some PF (Exact same height and 10 pounds heavier than Draymond Green!)
    * WCS C / PF
    * Turner PF / C
    * Kaminsky PF / C

NBA lottery pick

I'm just not really excited about most of those players. I think Hezonja would fit well in Detroit. The rest I'm just not sure about. Winslow was playing PF during that tournament run. He was basically just blowing by slower defenders. It was almost a Duke version of what Golden State did. I'm not sure he can do that at SF in the NBA. They all certainly have major weaknesses. I hope we get lucky. It's just really tough to drafting at this spot every time.

I guess, one thing we can all unanimously be optimistic and positive about, is that at #8 we should be able to take the best player available who should also happen to be in the position we need the most (SF / PF).

Meaning we shouldn't have to worry about reaching for a need, we should be able to take the absolute best player available on that board....

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Oh no doubt. There are two pieces in Detroit I absolutely would not part with and its kcp and Drummond, which so happen to be our future defensive studs. KCP was a pick I absolutely adored Detroit making, and it wasn't for his offensive exploits.

But two defenders still leave us pretty porous, especially when our backstop can't be a defensive quarterback like wallace^2 was. Those two made everyone else better, much like Tyson CHandler did for Dallas. And I'm not sure if kcp will even be starting next year or not. This lineup is al over the place.

I'll stop bitching. Suffice to say, you can tell I'm a defensive minded person. Hope one of these picks can also "Build a ****ing wall."

That's probably my favorite basketball phrase ever.

NBA lottery pick

We should have traded for Batum and drafted Lyles. One would think if Batum was available SVG would have been interested.