Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Decent playground baller

Default Re: Rubio now leads the league in assists and steals totals

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    he still is clear cut for ROY....rubio is too horrendous on offense to be ROY
    Well, I m a big Rubio fan and I still think Irving is actually leading the ROY race. But saying Rubio is horrendous on offense is limiting offense to scoring. Rubio is helping ALL his team mates to be better scorers and that has a big impact on Wolves offense. Yesterday's the third quarter was incredible for Wolves offense (42 pts I think) and Rubio had a big part of responsability.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    j kidd shot 38.5% from the field his rookie year and averaged less assists/steals while also being a worse FT shooter. pretty sure he was ROY. you clearly have no argument so you just say...derp derp...37%...derp
    and doesnt even mention his 4.7 rebonds and 2.2 steals per game. 18/11/8 game last night. doesnt even mention how he takes 3 or 4 charges a game, and doesnt mention how he ALWAYS has the best +/- on his team. the wolves score much more and concede much less points when he's on the court. his impact on the team is huge.

also, if rubio had better teammates he could be averaging 11 or 12 assists a game easily, if you'd watch the games, you would see how the teammates brick open shots or arent ready to catch some of his ridiculous passes all the time.

what rubio has, cant be taught. what he hasn't, can, at least to a good extent, enough to make him a reliable FT shooter and elevate his scoring to 15-20ppg, because he already knows how to choose and create his shoots.

Learning to shoot layups

Read about Rubio years and years ago in old slam magazines when he was a 13 year old phenom, but as I don't follow euroleague at all (did read though that he wasn't exactly putting up jaw dropping numbers over there), this year is the first time i've seen him play.

I've tuned in to about 10 Wolves games on leaguepass this year and I've gotta say that I am impressed.

His shooting may be a little off of late, but he has hit some big shots in the games i've seen and is pretty much money at the stripe.

His court vision is second to none, and that's what is most impressive. It's not just his passing, it's his vision. In that regard, he has a hell of a lot of Jason Kidd and Nash in him, he uses angles to perfection and the majority of his passes, even the cross court bail out variety, land dead on target.

He also has the "wow" factor. Not that this is a winning attribute, he just creates excitement and has brought a lot of buzz and happiness to a likeable franchise that has been treading water since KG departed.

If he can start to score the ball with a little more efficiency he will have an extremely long and stellar career.

Even if he doesn't get better with his scoring, his on court presence is still enough for him to have a solid career.

He could be great, and I'm tipping he will be.

Banned

F*ck, he really is the second coming of Steve Nash!

Inb4 Euroleague f@gs this thread up.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

I seen him play against the Lakers; he had a bad game (I suppose) but he looked terrible. Guy isn't a point guard who can take over games scoring wise, yet.

I like Kyrie way more so far...

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn?

I think the NBA wants to market Rubio.

There's a lot to gain if he performs well. He might win ROY.

-Smak

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    F*ck, he really is the second coming of Steve Nash!
    nope because when Nash was a rookie he was known for his deadly shooting and not for his passing..with Rubio it seems to be the opposite

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Kryie... Rubio... both have their own styles. Kyrie has shown with a fraction of the professional experience Rubio has that he can already take over games, and will his team to wins. Very impressive.

Hmmm Rubio has a legit chance to win ROY if he keeps playing at a high level. Need more consistency on scoring but everything else is great. Good luck to him!

NBA sixth man of the year DaHeezy's Avatar

Kyrie Irving hands down.....lmao 37% from the field....
    If 37% is your only argument against Rubio then you've got a lot to learn.
    A player who can control the floor and a game changer with passing is truly something unique and ROY worthy.
    Irving is a prototype of every little man the NCAA is pumping out. He's great but nothing special.
    You know which other PG shot poorly his rookie year, and his whole career for that matter? Isiah Thomas. Rubio has potential to be this type of player

rubio's numbers are very similar to j-kidd's rookie year.
    maybe it'll be co-roy like kidd and grant hill.

Definitely a tight race, I'd give the edge to Irving right now because he's clearly the best player on that team and is carrying them to wins, while Rubio is clearly the second best player on his team despite the fact that he's playing great. It'll be a great race between two really good young guards though.

NBA lottery pick

Kyrie Irving hands down.....lmao 37% from the field....
    This kid is remedial. Don't listen to him. Straight Rubio hater.