Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Default Re: Shaq calls Nash's MVPs "tainted"

Why people put stock into this award is a mystery.Until there is some criteria established it comes down to a personal opinion.Even then it's useless...way to many factors have to be taken into account.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    Well maybe if NAsh paced himself in the regualar season he wouldnt burn out in the post season and he might make it to the finals at least once. Maybe if he worked a little harder he could have learned how to play defense and than he could have won with Dirk like Shaq won with Kobe.

Shaq is in a whole different class of player than NAsh.... dont compare them as it does a disservice to Shaq.
    You missed my point, whether you should pace yourself or go all out is a whole nother thread, Im just stating facts, its a regular season award, and Shaq slacks off\paces himself so he cant expect lots of regular season awards, even if in his case he can debatedly extend his career, play better in the playoffs and win more titles by doing so.

Not airballing my layups anymore

I'm not a really big fan of Shaq, but I have to agree with his statement.

Nash, as good as he is perceived to be, is only a second or third string compared to many other players as far as MVP of the league is concerned.

Being MVP of your team does not necessarily translate to league MVP.

Nash definitely does not have it in him to lead his team to the promised land.

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyStraightUp

Nash, as good as he is perceived to be, is only a second or third string compared to many other players as far as MVP of the league is concerned.

Nash definitely does not have it in him to lead his team to the promised land
    I hope everyone is still saying that after the playoffs this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    someone asked Shaq a question he answered. Whats wrong with that.

Shaq has a right to talk.... HE is a top 10 player ever....Dominated the league and just came off a championship run. If he cant talk about Nash's MVP's than who can.
    It's so much more than that. He called the award "tainted." What if Nash turned around and called the Lakers 02 championship "tainted." After all, he's a two time NBA MVP and will go down as one of the best point guards ever... why shouldn't he talk... Not everything a person can say or has the right to say should be said... Shaq's comments fall into that category.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    It's so much more than that. He called the award "tainted." What if Nash turned around and called the Lakers 02 championship "tainted." After all, he's a two time NBA MVP and will go down as one of the best point guards ever... why shouldn't he talk... Not everything a person can say or has the right to say should be said... Shaq's comments fall into that category.
    It is tainted.Not because of Nash.Because of the reasons I cited.It's a bogus award.

Decent playground baller

wonder if he's trying to pull the race card...

Nash's is tainted, and he doesn't think Dirk should win...

Quote Originally Posted by NYKnicks914
    wonder if he's trying to pull the race card...

Nash's is tainted, and he doesn't think Dirk should win...
    What you mean....'the race card?'Explain.

1st of all, *** a Shaq.

"I don't know what to say," Nash said. "I'm sorry he feels that way."

Nash Bodied him with Kindness.

Shaq is right, it is a complete joke that Steve Nash, with all of his 0, ZERO, notta Finals appearances, has 2 MVPs yet Shaq, he of 6 Finals appearances and 4 titles, has 1 MVP.

It is a complete and utter joke that Nash has two MVPs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TurkeyStraightUp

Nash definitely does not have it in him to lead his team to the promised land.
    Some people can't seem to understand that Nash's teammates are just as important as he is.. it's abou chemistry not Nash being MVP.. I have been saying it since Nash got there.

Yes nash makes his teammates better.. but they make him much much better too..

It's great GMing.. not Nash being MVP. How can Nash be MVP when he has the most talented team in the league.. Nash is playing with 2 other susperstars when Dirk doesn't even have another all-star calibre player on his team.. yet that makes Nash MVP?

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Shaq is right, it is a complete joke that Steve Nash, with all of his 0, ZERO, notta Finals appearances, has 2 MVPs yet Shaq, he of 6 Finals appearances and 4 titles, has 1 MVP.

It is a complete and utter joke that Nash has two MVPs.
    If getting the MVP is based on finals appearances, why does KG have the award?

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly

is not the same by any way, a championship is a factual even that took place at one point in history, the lakers won the championship 2002 and no one can deny it, sure some laughable clowns like to whine about the refs like it happens whenever their favorite team doesnt win but that doesnt change anything, the 2002 championship is still in the lakers's trophy case, the mvp has become a favoritism award, nash over shaq in 05 was debateable already, and nash over dirk in 06 was a disgrace.

Good High School Starter lakers-city's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    iverson made the finas in 01, didnt he ?

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    Never said it was a joke for Nash to have a single MVP. His first year in Phoenix, he took them from like 29 wins to 62 wins, or something similiar. He was fantastic, regardless of how good his supporting cast was. But he was squashed in the WCFs by Tim Duncan and the Spurs, so the bar was IMO set and the only team and player to pass the bar was the Mavs and Nowitzki last year when they beat the Spurs in that great series.

Last year though, Nash was not the MVP. He got rewarded because he had to come back to earth and play with rosters similiar to what Duncan and Dirk have. Phoenix has two franchise players, Nash and Amare, and for a season he was without Amare. But he had Shawn Marion, a more bonafide all star than Tony Parker or Josh Howard. He had Boris Diaw, who certainly played at the same level as Manu Ginobili and Jason Terry.

But he got judged by a different criteria. When Tim Duncan lost David Robinson to retirement, it never factored into MVP discussion for Duncan. When Nowitzki lost Steve Nash to free agency, it never helped his case. But for Nash, it did, he led his team, a team with Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw, Barbosa, Raja Bell, etc...to 54 wins. Duncan led his to 63. Dirk his to 60.

Yet Nash was the MVP. It really doesn't add up, it is tainted. KG having a MVP is fine, but IMO to have two MVOs, you have to be a guy that leads his team to the promised land. And Shaq has done that 6 times, winning it 4 times, yet he has one less MVP than Steve Nash and the same as KG who has never been to a Finals either.

How is that not tainted? How can you blame Shaq for thinking otherwise?