Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Default Re: How is Paul Pierce such a good player???

Quote Originally Posted by BoxOutBOXOUT
    Why are so many of you being ***** to the OP? He asked an honest question that wasn't offensive in the least, even to the most unapologetic Celtic nutjobs, yet you cvnts are talking sh*t.

That's all you dumb Bawston cvnts are good for anyway. You talk a big game and then choke every time it counts. Have fun fawning over your 3rd rate star. Build him a statue in front of your sh*tty arena. You might as well do it now since you ain't winning any more rings with that cast of senior-citizen has-beens. Good riddance, knob-gobblers.
    Your team almost lost to them grumpy old men with HCA, thanks the refs.
    Why are you so mad, pierce does want you as a fan.

Also why you trolling in a celtic thread?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tlova
    Your team almost lost to them grumpy old men with HCA, thanks the refs.
    Keep living in almosts, loser. Your team is done. Enjoy the 1 title in 30+ years you guys managed to buy. "Storied franchise"? LOL. All you Celtic losers can do is live in the past. The Lakers are here and now. They're competitive IN EVERY ERA. Go ahead and keep crying yourself to sleep with your almosts, loser.

First off, PP is not a 2 like Kobe, TMac, Vince, etc. He is a 3, so it stands to reason that his game will be different and look different.

And PP is very athletic compared to most 3's. How do you judge athleticism? Jumping high, that's it? PP is stronger than most 3's and certainly more so than the above mentioned 2's.
    Last edited by JohnnySic; 03-22-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Keep living in almosts, loser. Your team is done. Enjoy the 1 title in 30+ years you guys managed to buy. "Storied franchise"? LOL. All you Celtic losers can do is live in the past. The Lakers are here and now. They're competitive IN EVERY ERA. Go ahead and keep crying yourself to sleep with your almosts, loser.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by t-rex
    This is going to sound stupid and cliche… but Pierce is the master of position, balance and angles.

I've often wondered about this myself. His game is strange. There is really nobody I have ever watched who his skills quite compare too.
    His style of play looks like Ron Artest but it's very effective like a top wingman unlike Ron Ron's shitty offensive game. Same style but very different results.

He probably has the best back-to-the-basket game in the league. Very versatile with it; can hit a fadeaway from the wings and baseline or spin and drive to the rim or do a jazz-step side jumper.

Banned

just cuz pierce is overweight does not mean hes strong, however he may be stronger than most small forwards but that doesnt make up for his disadvantage in terms of speed, quickness and ups

he can always shoot the ball.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    just cuz pierce is overweight does not mean hes strong, however he may be stronger than most small forwards but that doesnt make up for his disadvantage in terms of speed, quickness and ups
    Have you ever even played ball in a YMCA league? I've seen few posters demonstrate such a lack of knowledge about basketball. And you compound it by having no observational skills. The average NBA sf is not faster, quicker, or a better leaper than Paul Pierce. Pierce is in his 30s and still getting plenty of dunks in traffic. You don't routinely beat your man to the basket if you don't have some explosion. It's like you can't seem to notice the athletic advantages of a guy unless he's as explosive as James or Rose. There are levels of athletic ability between Vince Carter and Brian Scalibrine, whether you realize this or not. Add in the major skills that Pierce has acquired, his excellent balance, footwork, ballhandling, shooting ability and yes, intelligence and for those of us that see him regularly it's not a shock that he's still got game. Danny Ainge, over two contracts ago, said "Paul has one of those excellent basketball bodies that will enable him to play for a long time." Basically, he's got a lot of skill and he was built for the game. Not built like LeBron James, but still having a good body for an NBA player.

People have a gross misunderstanding of what athleticism is if they think paul pierce is unathletic. Just because he doesn't have ridiculous slams doesn't mean hes not athletic. A person of hes size and strength to have such quickness and footspeed alone makes him one of the NBAs top athletes... Like Igoudala for example has highlight slams daily but can't change direction for shit which makes him like 50% less effective on offense. Besides that his IQ and ability to read angles is at an elite level.

Yall need to step your bball knowledge asking questions like this.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AlexanderRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BoxOutBOXOUT
    Why are so many of you being ***** to the OP? He asked an honest question that wasn't offensive in the least, even to the most unapologetic Celtic nutjobs, yet you cvnts are talking sh*t.

That's all you dumb Bawston cvnts are good for anyway. You talk a big game and then choke every time it counts. Have fun fawning over your 3rd rate star. Build him a statue in front of your sh*tty arena. You might as well do it now since you ain't winning any more rings with that cast of senior-citizen has-beens. Good riddance, knob-gobblers.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Have you ever even played ball in a YMCA league? I've seen few posters demonstrate such a lack of knowledge about basketball. And you compound it by having no observational skills. The average NBA sf is not faster, quicker, or a better leaper than Paul Pierce. Pierce is in his 30s and still getting plenty of dunks in traffic. You don't routinely beat your man to the basket if you don't have some explosion. It's like you can't seem to notice the athletic advantages of a guy unless he's as explosive as James or Rose. There are levels of athletic ability between Vince Carter and Brian Scalibrine, whether you realize this or not. Add in the major skills that Pierce has acquired, his excellent balance, footwork, ballhandling, shooting ability and yes, intelligence and for those of us that see him regularly it's not a shock that he's still got game. Danny Ainge, over two contracts ago, said "Paul has one of those excellent basketball bodies that will enable him to play for a long time." Basically, he's got a lot of skill and he was built for the game. Not built like LeBron James, but still having a good body for an NBA player.
    you are talking about the prime Paul Pierce right?

Average SF in the league is much more athletic, by any dimension of athleticism, than Paul Pierce is right now.

Paul Pierce gets outrun by a dribbling Joachim Noah.

SF is probably the most ahlete filled position in the league. You don't need to have great dribbling or shooting ability to play the 3 usually. Most 3s are slashers

voice of reason

lol those "u mad" pictures never get old. Every one is golden and just as funny as the next. I don't think I've ever seen a bad "u mad" picture. You can pretty much put "u mad" on any picture and have it be absolutely hilarious.

The person who invented those pictures should get a plaque.

voice of reason

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Couldn't be more true. If there was still rep I'd rep you for this one, and I rarely care about rep anyways.

I hate how certain posters on here routinely throw in the word scrub like half the NBA is filled with scrubs. I'd see stuff like Lebron and scrubs vs Lakers, or something like that. Well every one of those scrubs can play basketball an exponential amount of times better than, is an exponential amount of times more athletic than you and knows exponentially more about basketball than you.

Even the players that seem like they have a terrible set of skills (stone hands, terrible handles, poor FT shooting) is exponentially better than even the average high school player at those. Nearly very player who's played in the NBA has been the man of a high school team and has been highly sought after by a major college program. And nearly every player has gone on to perform at those college programs to be one of a very small % of those D1 college players to be selected into the league.

Players like Scalabrine would dominant 99% of the posters on insidehoops on every level on the basketball court. Players like Ben Wallace or Shaq would destroy 99% of the posters on insidehoops in a shooting contest.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by olddangerfield
    I hate how certain posters on here routinely throw in the word scrub like half the NBA is filled with scrubs. I'd see stuff like Lebron and scrubs vs Lakers, or something like that. Well every one of those scrubs can play basketball an exponential amount of times better than, is an exponential amount of times more athletic than you and knows exponentially more about basketball than you.
    Relatively speaking, the NBA is full of scrubs. every team has them .

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by olddangerfield
    lol those "u mad" pictures never get old. Every one is golden and just as funny as the next. I don't think I've ever seen a bad "u mad" picture. You can pretty much put "u mad" on any picture and have it be absolutely hilarious.

The person who invented those pictures should get a plaque.
    The "U Mad" pictures are actually pretty lame. They're just another internet meme that's abused to hell by dimwitted mimicking idiots who are too stupid to even understand the humor behind them.

The welfare-baby human refuse on ISH uses them whenever they don't agree with someone. I could make a totally innocuous statement like "The Knicks really played poorly last night" and I'll be flooded with a bunch of idiots posting "U MAD?" pictures. Har-har-har... Hilarious!

Check my earlier posts in the thread. Am I mad? Why the f*ck would I be? My team has 5 titles and 7 championship appearances in the past decade alone. They've won it all the past 2 years and are on their way to winning it all again this year. What possible reason would I have to be mad about a fat, bucktoothed, flopper and his bvtthvrt fans? The Celtics have nothing I covet. It's the other way around. Celtic fans mad, and they can suck my hairy LA d*ck.

[Clueless morons posting more "U MAD?" pics in 5... 4... 3... ]