Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Lebron has more mental toughness than any player in history

I don't know if "mental toughness" is the right characterization, but there is some validity the the OP's point. LeBron has been under the microscope since he was a sophomore in high school. The fact that he has met and perhaps even exceeded expectations is pretty remarkable. I honestly didn't think he would or that it was even possible given the absurd amount of hype.

Serious playground baller LakersFan626's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Ether.
    That picture above your post is ether, as well as LeBron quitting in game 5 in 2010 and scoring 8 points in an NBA Finals game. Oh, and leaving his team for a superteam... TWICE. Before you mention Kobe's teams in 03-04 and 12-13, Kobe was already on the team before they were built. LeBron just bailed in 2010 to have it easy, and again this year with a younger dream team, only this time with an opt out clause after ONE YEAR so LeBron can take a pay cut to bring in another superstar if they happen to lose this year.

LeBron's likely one of the least mentally tough superstars EVER.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    At least he doesn't lose to 8th seeds during his MVP season.
    why do you lebrick stans always avoid things?

lebitch, dirk, kobe and wilt are all mental midgets. but lebron especially.

dude got his ass handed to him by jason the fcking jet. he'll never be top 10 after that.

now move along windhorst you fat fck.

Local High School Star wakencdukest's Avatar

gotta be somewhat mentally tough if you can make it to the NBA despite being raised by Gloria James.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenbeat
    The type of cramp lebron had would prevent you from walking as well. It has nothing to do with pain tolerance, fyi.

It's obvious how many of you don't play sports or have never played sports. lol

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    The type of cramp lebron had would prevent you from walking as well. It has nothing to do with pain tolerance, fyi.

It's obvious how many of you don't play sports or have never played sports. lol
    Grew up playing hockey (none of this p[COLOR="Black"]uss[/COLOR]y shit). Broke a few bones, but never had a cramp I couldn't handle on my own. You'd get laughed off the ice if you asked to be carried, lol. We're a different breed though.

Grew up playing hockey (none of this p[COLOR="Black"]uss[/COLOR]y shit). Broke a few bones, but never had a cramp I couldn't handle on my own. You'd get laughed off the ice if you asked to be carried, lol. We're a different breed though.
    It's a lot easier to glide off the ice on one skate to get to the bench, than it is to hop on one foot to get to the bench.

lebaby dick was on his rag that day.

Yeah yeah yeah. I like hockey and have a lot of respect for hockey players but the whole "tough guy" routine is so played out and cliche it's frankly annoying. And BTW I've seen NHL players on MULTIPLE occasions being assisted off the ice due to cramps. In fact, hockey players were among the first pro athletes to drink tonic water during games as a method of cramp prevention/treatment. Get off your high horse dude.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersFan626
    That picture above your post is ether, as well as LeBron quitting in game 5 in 2010 and scoring 8 points in an NBA Finals game. Oh, and leaving his team for a superteam... TWICE. Before you mention Kobe's teams in 03-04 and 12-13, Kobe was already on the team before they were built. LeBron just bailed in 2010 to have it easy, and again this year with a younger dream team, only this time with an opt out clause after ONE YEAR so LeBron can take a pay cut to bring in another superstar if they happen to lose this year.

LeBron's likely one of the least mentally tough superstars EVER.
    How did LeBron have it easy in Miami when he lead the team during the regular season, postseason and Finals the last 3yrs, in pts, rebounds, assists and steals?

If he had it easy, does that mean Wade and Bosh had it hard??

Banned

he's 2 for 5. i think he is easily rattled and does not have over the top take over ability.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe

Yeah yeah yeah. I like hockey and have a lot of respect for hockey players but the whole "tough guy" routine is so played out and cliche it's frankly annoying. And BTW I've seen NHL players on MULTIPLE occasions being assisted off the ice due to cramps. In fact, hockey players were among the first pro athletes to drink tonic water during games as a method of cramp prevention/treatment. Get off your high horse dude.
    High horse? Dude implied that I've never played sports, lol. I just happen to know what real injuries feel like.

Besides, the whole world clowned on bran after crampgate. Not my fault he handled it like a big sissy.

Decent playground baller

He's been under pressure ever since he was 16 and has handled things pretty well. He's had his rough spots here and there, but he's exceeded the expectations he had when he entered the league, and that's saying something.