Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Explain to me what empty stats are

I think a lot of people consider Kevin Love empty stats is because he is considered an 'elite' player and has never been to the playoffs in his 6 year NBA career.

Love doesn't have the best teammates, but other superstars (past and present) like KG, Wade, Pierce, T-Mac, etc. have dragged terrible rosters to at least the playoffs. It also doesn't help that he plays in a tough conference.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

you guys are nuts

Most teams would give their left nut for Love.

Excellent player on mediocre team. The guy comes back every season with a new tool in the belt that he worked on in off season.

I watched many games of wolves where the opponent double/soft triple and the guy still scores / follow up rebound.
    Is his defense weak? No argument there.
    But the guy seems to come down with the boards, right place right time talent.

Pacers had one of the best defenses past season, and couldn't stop him. They stopped the rest of the sub par team to win.

If that is empty stats due to win-loss record then,

Brow
    Big AL

need to join this conversation.

I think he will be the teammate that Lebron expected out of Bosh.
    Time will tell

I think Kevin love is a perfect example of a guy that puts ups empty stats. His stats tell the story of someone who dominated a game. He doesn't have that impact.

He does things like won't play defense or play half ass defense so that he can get a rebound. He gets his own rebound. He steals rebounds from his teammates, and his team sucks so someone has to get rebounds Etc and thus inflates his rebounding numbers.

Scoring. If you don't really have a go to move, and you can't really create your own shot but your team sucks so you get to take any shot? Shoot from amywhere? You have a great playmaker getting you easy baskets, you play in a fast pace system, you get easy garbage points, you WILL SCORE. Love doesn't have go to moves where teams say "yeah we need to double him and stop him from doing these moves" blah nlah. No. They don't. Love gets his points from feeds from Rubio or open or congested jumpers. He will score. Also, how many times are Wolves getting blown out my 20? ? And ofjer teams are resting thier players/ playing scrubs who aren't going 100% because the games out of reach.
    That's when it's easy to rack up points / rebounds because nobody else is going that hard

Even Beasly put up 20pts/ game. Big deal.

AND, you aren't winning games/ not getting into playoffs.

Just empty stats dude. He put up what? 26/12? Dude that's Shaq numbers almost. IF love was as good as his numbers suggest, he would have got to the playoffs once.

Look at 26/12.

Dude, Duncan put up what? 17/9?

Man, you can FEEL Duncan's impact Wayyy More than his numbers suggest.

If 39 yr old Duncan was on the Wolves, they would make the playoffs. With his defense and consistency, hell yeah AT LEAST once.

Look at Bosh, I think Bosh AND AT THE TIME I WAS SAYING bosh was putting up empty stats and look what happened? Got exposed.

Love is good. Don't get me wrong. Hes just not as Good As his n

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    I just don't get it.

Let's take Kevin Love. He put up really really good numbers but his team's records were always ass. ISH puts the blame on him, but never take into consideration the output or lack thereof of the rest of his team. Can somebody help me see the light on this whole empty stats thing?

Empty stats are simply large to lofty numbers compiled in meaningless games.

The 82 game season is a grind, and when teams are bad and good teams know they will beat them, the go into cruise control before putting the game away in the 4th. When players take advantage of this scenario to fill up their stat sheet they can be considered empty stats.

The stats were earned in that the player went out and got them, but stats without wins are always lessened, and bad teams never get any good team's best punch, ergo facto a compiler who cannot make his team better is good, not great.

Kevin Love is even more unique because he has explained in interviews that rebounding the last shot of quarters (when players walk away) etc. help inflate you statlines. That is textbook statwhoring and one of the reasons his stats are largely empty, they have no real impact.

If you are not making teammates better or helping the team win, then what value are these stats?