Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default D-Rose physically looked healthy

His game had some obvious signs of rust. Some of his timing, his jumper, some decision making and rapport with teammates was visibly off. But beyond that I'd have to say he looked really good.

His blinding speed, strength (improved), stop and go quickness, and even his hops was back to where it was previously. As a Bulls fan, I'm very hopeful.

I did notice in the game thread, and even before this game really, that the haters were out in full force. Particularly the oddly insecure LeBron stans who stay on Derrick Rose's nuts for some reason.

I watched Rose, rusty, returning from an ACL tear ... attack the interior defense of the Pacers, particularly Roy Hibbert with more heart, determination, and competitive drive than LeBron did in the entire Eastern Conference Finals. Even though he has about 6 - 8 inches on Rose.

If Rose gets everything going, plays like he did in 2011 and 2012 prior to injury, with an improved Jimmy Butler. This Bulls team can really do some damage if they all remain healthy. Dunleavy is a slept on addition too, he will provide a lot of space for Rose and Boozer. This season leaves me as a Bulls fan with a very optimistic outlook.

Default Re: D-Rose physically looked healthy

Aren't you smarter than to think a Derrick Rose led ball club will ever do any damage at all... in other words, be a legit title contending team..

watch the damn games.. he makes no one better, he stagnates the offense, and plays a reckless abandon game that will leave him prone to injury and mental disease.. hes not russ in the sense he can play however he wants and not be punished for it.. he doesnt have the mental or physical fortitude for that, his joints are inflamed and his tendons are thin and his ligaments are very fragile..

He doesnt play winning basketball, hes a bundle of raw talent but doesnt have a brain capable of being a successful leader.

WATCH THE GAMES AND STOP LETTING YOUR FANHOOD BLIND YOU FROM THE TRUTH

Derrick Rose will only leave you disappointed, whether it be because of constant injuries, inability to make important free throws, or just being a low efficiency chucker in general who stagnates the offense and is unable to do anything outside of his own raw talent. He can dribble, drive, and finish - BUT hes injury prone, cant run an offense, doesnt know how to stay healthy, and is socially awkward, yet - you suck this dudes dick willingly?

grow up

Why wouldn't he look physically healthy? He had surgery a year and a half ago. The rust is to be expected and understandable, though.

He should be 100% healthy. He could have played last season, but he decided to comeback when he was fully healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    Why wouldn't he look physically healthy?
    Because until you see him on the floor in an actual game, we were to just assume coming back from an ACL tear that he'd have the same game changing explosiveness that he used to have?

Dumb ass.

The un-certainty of him being physically 100% percent is what kept him off the floor from February onwards for the rest of the 2013 season. Were you not paying attention?

The questions around his physical health and abilities is why everyone was so intrigued to see him play, that's why Indiana had to issue out as many media press passes for coverage of this game that was said to be equivalent to a playoff game.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    He should be 100% healthy. He could have played last season, but he decided to comeback when he was fully healthy.
    As if he wasn't 100% healthy 6 months ago....

Hell give an amputeed soldier 2 years to recover and im sure he would be able to drop 10 points in a preseason game as well.. athletically he would probably look like prime MJ because of the mental discipline those guys have.. unlike Rose of course

I was actually very disappointed with D Rose's athleticism - he displayed poor balance and agility .. i expected a lot more from a guy who has had 2 years to recover with the best medical rehabilitation known to mankind...

im glad im not a D Rose fan, i couldnt live with the constant disappointment from this guy. Plus the way he handles himself in interviews is too cringe worthy for my liking.. his brain processing isnt quick enough to be socially normal
    Last edited by Budadiiii; 10-06-2013 at 01:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    As if he wasn't 100% healthy 6 months ago....

Hell give a amputeed soldier 2 years to recover and im sure he would be able to drop 10 points in a preseason game well.. athletically he would probably look like prime MJ because of the mental discipline those guys had..

I was actually very disappointed with D Rose's athleticism - he displayed poor balance and agility .. i expected a lot more from a guy who has had 2 years to recover with the best medical rehabilitation known to mankind...

im glad im not a D Rose fan, i couldnt live with the constant disappointment from this guy. Plus the way he handles himself in interviews is too cringe worthy for my liking.. his brain processing isnt quick enough to be socially normal
    IDK if he was. I didn't follow the news on him because it was silly. It's good for him to comeback for the game, but besides being a star in this league, IDC what he chooses to do. That was his problem to face with the media and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Because until you see him on the floor in an actual game, we were to just assume coming back from an ACL tear that he'd have the same game changing explosiveness that he used to have?

Dumb ass.
    Depends on how you define physically healthy. Him being at 100%? Or close to 100%? I mean it's not unreasonable to think that was going to be a given after being 18 months removed from surgery. I know tearing your ACL and having surgery and going through rehab is serious, but it's something players generally come back from this day in age relatively close to what they were before. So no, I wasn't surprised he looked physically healthy.

But if you meant if he'd have the same explosiveness, speed, quickness, etc., that could also be viewed as being a little unsure of himself and some rust after being out for so long. Me, personally, I wasn't surprised he looked healthy and his biggest problem was rust, given the length of time he was out.

I was with you until you resorted to name-calling. But you stay classy.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I question how good his conditioning will be early on more than his knee.

Rose looked good physically and looked great. active and not afraid of contact.

jumper, FTs and playmaking was shit but that can be remedied over preseason.

I'm more curious how he feels about exploding to the rim after more and more contact. you can be sure defenders will start putting him to the floor to test his body and knee.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    Rose looked good physically and looked great. active and not afraid of contact.

jumper, FTs and playmaking was shit but that can be remedied over preseason.

I'm more curious how he feels about exploding to the rim after more and more contact. you can be sure defenders will start putting him to the floor to test his body and knee.
    D. Rose is use to harder hits. Dude is Chicago made through and through.

Yeah, he looked healthy, his quickness was there and I like how he wasn't scared to play the same relentless style he did before the injury. He still needs to get his timing and feel for the game back, he looked lost, kept turning the ball over, driving at the wrong times, etc, but that's expected in his 1st game back and is correctable. The important thing is he looked healthy and didn't look concerned about his health. Good sign.

Heat fans nervous as fvck.

Yea, its the 4'th year they are nervous as ****

Two-Time Oscar MVP robert de niro's Avatar

he was probably physically healthy half a year ago, just scared as ****