Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star

Default Re: OFFICIAL LEAGUE RULE on vetoing trades (VOTE)

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
    I can understand why a trade like this will make people go and want it veto'ed particularly because Team A owner likely blew very high picks (probably round 2 & 3?) for Kobe/DRose, while Joe Johnson/Tobias would be something like 5 & 7.

That said, even though this seems like a panicky sell low buy high move from Team A, I don't think this trade is unbalanced enough to warrant a veto. While I expect Kobe to get a bit better and Joe Johnson to cool down slightly, it wouldn't surprise me if their end of season rankings were close to each other.

DRose is already burning owners with the amount of DNP CD's, perhaps the owner came into the season thinking this is the year he is really back - but he realizes this may not be the case, and with DRose talking about preserving post career health condition (that warrants a itself) its understandable to see why he may just want to get out. Although I think Rose is definitely worth more than Tobias, and while its still not enough, at least Redick is a legitimate upgrade over Iggy (who's being dropped in 16 team money leagues).

Again, I don't agree with the trade because I think Team A should be able to get more based off of those names, but looking at it overall value wise its not something that should be vetoed imo.
    Team sending out Kobe acquired Kobe from me...

Kobe
    Iggy
    Nene
    Lamb

for
    B. Jennings
    Tyreke Evans
    Ryan Anderson
    Jonas Valncuinas (sp?)

Then he flips Kobe and Rose for less....

Decent playground baller D.Z.W.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Attila
    Team sending out Kobe acquired Kobe from me...

Kobe
    Iggy
    Nene
    Lamb

for
    B. Jennings
    Tyreke Evans
    Ryan Anderson
    Jonas Valncuinas (sp?)

Then he flips Kobe and Rose for less....
    Oh if it's a 2nd flip then that's a totally different scenario lol.
    Yeah then I'd be skeptical about it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by D.Z.W.
    Oh if it's a 2nd flip then that's a totally different scenario lol.
    Yeah then I'd be skeptical about it as well.
    I allowed it but paid the owner his money back and booted him. Trades like that cause too many problems. You know how it is but you get people on both sides being vehemently against it. Just frustrating.

If you want a challenge, you could always take the team over for free. Seems like just the challenge you need.

Decent playground baller D.Z.W.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    I allowed it but paid the owner his money back and booted him. Trades like that cause too many problems. You know how it is but you get people on both sides being vehemently against it. Just frustrating.

If you want a challenge, you could always take the team over for free. Seems like just the challenge you need.
    Yeah, good decision