Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Duncan should be considered a top 3 player of all time and WOULD BE if not for his...

Duncan should be considered a top 3 player of all time and WOULD BE if not for his...

unrestrained *******ry.

Default Re: Duncan should be considered a top 3 player of all time and WOULD BE if not for his...

is that sobriety?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408
    Top 5-10 player for sure but he's literally the anti-thesis of why many people watch basketball

No flash or flair, these dudes are ultimately entertainers and that's why they're paid as much as they are and for casuals his style of play wasn't that exciting.

I love the post game so watching him has it's moments but that's one reason why he doesn't get the props a player with his resume would normally receive

Plus Popovich and Buford have had as much of a hand in the Spurs being a playoff team for as long as they've been, and that history basically extends back to when Robinson joined the team.
    Can't expect a lot of pizazz from a 4, but yeah, his game was rather reticent and reserved.

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    is that sobriety?
    I meant to say chivalry. I guess the autocorrect kicked in. They can be so random. But yes, his unrestrained, unabashed chivalry held him back. He's also a pillow muncher.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    I meant to say chivalry. I guess the autocorrect kicked in. They can be so random. But yes, his unrestrained, unabashed chivalry held him back. He's also a pillow muncher.
    Proof?

Otherwise STFU and GTFO my thread, playboy.

Facts only.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by 72-10
    Duncan never really "went off" for great peak games. There's not a lot of memorable games to take away from his career. Being remembered is part of being great. For that reason, I dock him a bit and rank him 9th all-time.
    You clearly never watched him play if you think he never had any great games.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger
    You clearly never watched him play if you think he never had any great games.

Yes, I did watch many. I don't think I worded myself very well if you take my statement without a grain of salt; I don't literally mean none, but games that stand out, those games are few and far between. He was super consistent.