Default Nets trade Evans, Terry to Kings for Marcus Thornton

The Brooklyn Nets have agreed to the framework of a trade that would send Jason Terry and Reggie Evans to the Sacramento Kings for Marcus Thornton, according to sources with knowledge of the deal.

The trade has been submitted for league approval, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Nets' first choice was to trade for Cleveland's Jarrett Jack, as ESPN.com reported on Monday. But Cleveland's reluctance to take back Terry in a Jack deal scuttled those talks. The Nets then turned their attention to Thornton, who is having a down season in Sacramento. The Nets are hoping that Thornton can provide them with some added offensive punch off the bench.
    ESPN http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?s...op&ex_cid=null

Default Re: Nets trade Evans, Terry to Kings for Marcus Thornton

Terry playing some PG got me sick, just cant contribute no more.

Apparently Thornton kicks it up around this time of the year.

Nets get younger, not bad.

   

was this really a good idea?

i don't know anything about thornton, but evans can get you crucial rebounds when you need them, and terry can light it up big in the playoffs and big games.

hopefully this guy can contribute NOW, because that's the only thing that matters with this team.

The Brooklyn Nets have acquired guard Marcus Thornton from the Sacramento Kings in exchange for forward Reggie Evans and guard Jason Terry, it was announced today by General Manager Billy King.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    was this really a good idea?

i don't know anything about thornton, but evans can get you crucial rebounds when you need them, and terry can light it up big in the playoffs and big games.

hopefully this guy can contribute NOW, because that's the only thing that matters with this team.
    Never heard of Marcus Thornton? He can light it up and catch fire with playing time. He is known to have a pretty nice perimeter shot yet is really streaky. He lit up the heat last year and this year had a 20+ Point 1st quarter against the suns I think.

Nets have the injury exception still to use to pick up a pf

   

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    Never heard of Marcus Thornton? He can light it up and catch fire with playing time. He is known to have a pretty nice perimeter shot yet is really streaky. He lit up the heat last year and this year had a 20+ Point 1st quarter against the suns I think.

Nets have the injury exception still to use to pick up a pf
    ah ok ty.