Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-23-2007, 06:01 AM   #46
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Replace Duncan with Prime McHale, how many Championships for the Spurs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingBull33
Yeah, that may be his only fault, but still, who can blame a 60% scorer for shooting alot? I think when he became a starter, he kept his 6th man mentality where scoring is what is needed. He may have had a different mindset if he was the number one man on his team. When he played, he had great passers in Bird, Walton, and DJ, so where was the need for him to be a great passer?

It's not a knock on him as a 2nd option on the Celtics. It was his job to score, and he did an excellent job. But Duncan's role on offense isn't just to score. That is why McHale would fail and the Spurs probably wouldn't win a title.
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 06:54 AM   #47
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Replace Duncan with Prime McHale, how many Championships for the Spurs?

Quote:
i dont think McHale was a dominate lowpost scorer.

If Tim Duncan were up for sainthood and the world had to vote hed get mine....but Kevin Mchale is flat out the most skilled post player ive ever seen on any level. Guy was making a joke of it. Literally. he had moves with counter moves and names for all of it. He(like Bird) could tell you what he was gonna do and still be unstoppable. Barkley called him the best player he ever played because he was just totally impossible to stop. Hes one of those guys who if he misses a shot its because he just missed...the defense didnt cause it.

12 feet and in im not sure anyone ive seen is a more consistient scorer from any spot in that range. Under the opponent arms scoops. reverse pivot jumpers. Jump hooks. No look over the head off the backboard shots. Great hands to catch and finish. Great at tipping in othersm isses. Just godly in the post. Hakeem wasnt even his equal but Hakeem had so much more athletic ability he was just as effective(Or more). Kevin Mchale was a walking post scoring instructional video.

That said...

2 titles. 99 and maybe last years.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: