Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Why doesnt the league review stats after every game?

Durant ended up with 7 assist even though he clearly should have had eight for that last Fisher 3. Rondo and Chris Paul have inflated assist because their stat keepers are massive homers. They count everything as an assist.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: Why doesnt the league review stats after every game?

because nobody cares about 1 missed assist

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    LeBron stants do.

They claim they do, but it is very suspicous and random.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    I mention that one missed assist because it was blatantly obvious. It stands to reason they missed more than that one in the game.

Smile, you're on ISH Crystallas's Avatar

The NBA does review games.

they have missed about six assists for lebron in the past three weeks alone. not even exaggerating.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Durant ended up with 7 assist even though he clearly should have had eight for that last Fisher 3. Rondo and Chris Paul have inflated assist because their stat keepers are massive homers. They count everything as an assist.
    Oh look hating on Rondo again. How many questionable assists has LeBron gotten in his career?

Learning to shoot layups justin12140's Avatar

they review the games/update the stats once a week

Right... "nobody cares about stats" as long as the Spurs Fans in this one realize Duncan gets robbed off 1-2 Rebounds, the Laker Fans see Kobe got robbed of an Assist, etc. etc. etc. it's missed data. And I've seen it happen plenty of times that LeBron wasn't rewarded with an Assist, especially this Year.

Heck Dirk was recorded with 28 vs the Blazers and not 30, because the Stat keepers gave the Bucket randomly to Ellis... huge outstorm about it, 2 days later ESPN&NBA changes Dirk to 30 and Ellis to 28. Doesn't seem like they go back to check at all.

Learning to shoot layups justin12140's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Right... "nobody cares about stats" as long as the Spurs Fans in this one realize Duncan gets robbed off 1-2 Rebounds, the Laker Fans see Kobe got robbed of an Assist, etc. etc. etc. it's missed data. And I've seen it happen plenty of times that LeBron wasn't rewarded with an Assist, especially this Year.

Heck Dirk was recorded with 28 vs the Blazers and not 30, because the Stat keepers gave the Bucket randomly to Ellis... huge outstorm about it, 2 days later ESPN&NBA changes Dirk to 30 and Ellis to 28. Doesn't seem like they go back to check at all.
    like i just said they only review games and update the stats once per week

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Oh look hating on Rondo again. How many questionable assists has LeBron gotten in his career?
    He doesnt get inflated assist in Miami, I cant tell you about his Cleveland days.

The reason I brought up Rondo is because if you watch his an CP3 assist highlights you see the most bogus assist. It's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by justin12140
    they review the games/update the stats once a week
    Ill check back in a week or two and if DUrant doesnt get credit for eight assist this game, Ill post again.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

We'll make this simple for you, buddy. Where was Durant's game last night? Does Rondo take his stat keepers to Utah? Paul take his to Charlotte?

Ill check back in a week or two and if DUrant doesnt get credit for eight assist this game, Ill post again.
    They won't do it.

I actually wrote them an e-mail after the last OKC-MIA game (yes, I was pretty mad), in which LeBron was accounted with 8 TOs (while he should've had 3-4, objectively), asking the exact same thing.

Their answer:
    Dear *****,

Thank you for contacting the National Basketball Association regarding game statistics.

The NBA takes the integrity of game statistics very seriously. To this end, we have staff that monitors each game extremely closely, logging every single play. Should a mistake be identified, it is reviewed and addressed in the appropriate manner.

We appreciate that you took the time to share your concerns. Please know that we will be mindful of your comments as we work to improve our league and enhance the experience we provide to our fans.

Thank you for your interest in the NBA.

Sincerely,

NBA Fan Relations
    He still has those 8 TOs to this day.

So basically tons of empty bullshit from them, but if they do anything about rechecking the stats, it's very random (like when they took away LeBron's 50 point triple double).

If there are homer stat keepers, they won't do anything about it. I remember that article about a guy that gave Nick Van Exel about 10 more assists in the game than he should've had. The same is still happening, but on a smaller level.