Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: curry vs westbrook

Westbrook can't carry a team singlehandedly. The reason he can play so intensively every time he is on the court is because he has never averaged more than 34 minutes a game in his entire career.

Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning
    Westbrook can't carry a team singlehandedly. The reason he can play so intensively every time he is on the court is because he has never averaged more than 34 minutes a game in his entire career.

Curry.
    And Curry can? Let's ignore that he has Lee, Bogut, Thompson, Iggy, Barnes, Crawford, Green, etc. While aside from Durant (if Westbrook was running the show), Russ has Ibaka, Collison, Lamb, Jackson, Perkins...

If you put Westbrook on the Warriors I think they'd be ahead of Portland and Houston right now.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Yearning

Curry.
    Average 35 MPG in the lockout shortened season and averaged 38 MPG in the playoffs in the Finals run. I don't really care about how many minutes he plays in the regular season to be honest.

It's a lot easier to play big minutes when you are coasting on defense...just ask Steph Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    And how did he perform in the Finals? He chucked them out of the series.
    He performed fairly well in the Finals. I'm trying to remember who choked in the Finals. Hmm who could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    And Curry can? Let's ignore that he has Lee, Bogut, Thompson, Iggy, Barnes, Crawford, Green, etc. While aside from Durant (if Westbrook was running the show), Russ has Ibaka, Collison, Lamb, Jackson, Perkins...

If you put Westbrook on the Warriors I think they'd be ahead of Portland and Houston right now.
    If you put Westbrook on the Warriors he'd put up poor man's Iverson numbers. This is a guy shooting sub 45% percentages with the ****ing MVP on his team. If he ran that offense he'd trash their floor spacing and chuck them out of games. This dude is best suited as a 2nd option. Not to mention the amounts of turnovers. Unbelievable how overrated he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    He performed fairly well in the Finals. I'm trying to remember who choked in the Finals. Hmm who could it be?

He had literally one good game and he made terrible decisions down the stretch in that same game which led to a LeBron 3. Did you even watch? And what did James harden have to do with what I said?

2 good games, 3 bad ones on low volumes > 1 good game in which you ****ed up, 4 bad games at incredibly high volume shooting

He had literally one good game and he made terrible decisions down the stretch in that same game which led to a LeBron 3. Did you even watch? And what did James harden have to do with what I said?

2 good games, 3 bad ones on low volumes > 1 good game in which you ****ed up, 4 bad games at incredibly high volume shooting
    You said he chucked them out of the Finals...as if that was THE deciding factor. I just thought it might be important to note who disappeared in the Finals for 3 games.

I'm not saying Russell played great in the Finals but, outside of game 1, he played pretty well for a 23 year old PG on an inexperienced team that had their 3rd best player MIA for most of the series. He deserves his share of the blame but the loss is not on him.

If you put Westbrook on the Warriors he'd put up poor man's Iverson numbers. This is a guy shooting sub 45% percentages with the ****ing MVP on his team. If he ran that offense he'd trash their floor spacing and chuck them out of games. This dude is best suited as a 2nd option. Not to mention the amounts of turnovers. Unbelievable how overrated he is.
    1) Since his return Westbrook is averaging 22/5/8/2 on 46/42/84 shooting. And this is coming off his 3rd knee procedure. I don't care if he's playing with the MVP, those are phenomenal numbers. And stop acting like Curry is playing with a bunch of scrubs, and like he gets defenses stacked against him. You don't think a loaded supporting cast of Iggy, Klay, Lee, Bogut, Barnes, Crawford, Green, etc. is taking ANY pressure off Curry? Aside from Durant who the **** is taking pressure off Westbrook? Reggie Jackson? Jeremy Lamb?

2) As for running the offense, your argument is weak yet again. Westbrook has shown this year when he's healthy that he's fully capable of being a great facilitator and getting teammates involved. And if you're going to mention Westbrook's turnovers, why don't you mention the fact that Curry only averages 0.2 less turnovers on 5% less usage?

3) And let's just ignore the monumental difference defensively. Let's ignore that while Westbrook is arguably the best at his position and a vicious point guard defender, Curry is oftentimes a liability. But that doesn't suit your argument, now does it?

Quote Originally Posted by scm5
    Curry goes offfffff on Westbrook while holding Westbrook to just below his career averages in FG% and 3FG%. 4.6 TO/gm?!?!?!?! Their rebounding averages are about the same too. The only thing Westbrook does better in any significant way is get steals.
    That's hilarious dude. They don't dare let Curry guard Goatbrook Russ would go off.

But a known Goatbrook hater, I take everything you say with a grain of saltiness

And how did he perform in the Finals? He chucked them out of the series.
    No he didn't.

Westbrook didn't do that much wrong and he did have a 41 point game as well. Harden was why they lost or should I say played a big factor in why.

Love Live Life

I'll take the better defender. I like Curry but only thing he really has over WB is shooting.

I'll take Westbrook

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    That's hilarious dude. They don't dare let Curry guard Goatbrook Russ would go off.

But a known Goatbrook hater, I take everything you say with a grain of saltiness
    Just trolling Westbrook fans

You can take everything I say with a grain of salt, but Westbrook is supposed to be some kind of amazing defender but Curry goes off on him. Stats don't lie. Explain that.

westbrook easily but there are times where westbrook feels like a cancer. the highs and lows are more noticeable with WB than with Curry

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    westbrook easily but there are times where westbrook feels like a cancer. the highs and lows are more noticeable with WB than with Curry
    The only lows with Curry are his turnovers. Westbrook can be so ridiculous at times.

For WB stans, the only reason why I hate on him so much is because I want KD to succeed and I am adamant that WB is holding him back. If the Thunder did something like WB + filler for Kemba + Big Al, it would have been GG.

Curry on offense > WB on offense. More assists, more efficient with a lower usage %

WB > Curry on defense