Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: I hate to take the air out of Nets balloon BUT

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    you do realize that this post just reeks of jealousy and being butthurt, right?

and that last sentence...

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy77x
    Such bullshit no real knicks fans were switching to the nets, and give me a break the celtics were primed to swept off the court even without jr in game 4. We can go back and forth all day but i dont see how adding a bunch of washed up 40 year old vets makes the nets contenders.
    No, just no. It was absolutely Embarrassing to be a Knicks fan in the 2000s, everyone I new was a Nets fan (most of them are Knicks "fans" now), even my Dad who grew up watching Walt Frazier would just shrug his shoulders when the Knicks played. And yes they do make us contenders, we won as many games as the 3rd seed last season with Deron injured for half the year and our main problem was shooting, defense, toughness and production from the forward positions. This trade literally solves all of those problems, while adding a legitimate role player in Terry. The Heat arnt unbeatable anymore now that Wade is declining, the Pacers took them to 7 games and we swept the Pacers in the regular season with the spacing NIGHTMARE of Wallace and Evans at the 3 and 4.

The Nets worst starter is Paul Pierce, while the Knicks are starting Iman Shumpert at small forward. Just let that soak in for a minute.

This thread is more juicy than redtube.

While you have a semi-valid point, you just said that the Knicks are building form "within" and then mentioned the only two first round picks the Knicks have had in the last eternity. You're an idiot and make Knicks fans look bad.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

There really is no balloon to to deflate. Pierce is pretty much done. His bet asset offensively was the fact that off the dribble he was able to get to the rim with his hesitation moves. He's old now and that hasn't worked in a couple of years...hence why he gets so many charges these days. I like KG but honestly he can't play more than 25-28 min per gamer. Yeah in the playoffs he might be a stud, but through an 82 game season he really isn't going to effect much as he won't play enough minutes.

Pierce is just done. He was never any kind of athlete and he's now 36. Driving he gets a charge more than he gets the foul call. The nets are frankly a mess and I think it's fun. I'm curious to see what the hell they do with this line up. At the very least it should be...interesting.

Pierce isn't done. He put up 17/6/5 last season. I watched the game when he dropped 40 points on 16 shots last year...dude can still ball.

Wallace is a good defender and energy guy, but he couldn't shoot for crap last year. Nobody even guarded him on the perimeter. Pierce will do wonders for the floor spacing (not that I want him being just a spot up shooter).