Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Default Shut up about conferences being unbalanced. It doesn't ****ing matter.

The best team ALMOST ALWAYS wins the title.

The **** does the rest even matter? Seriously? With even the first round now being a 7 game series, fluke wins don't really happen anymore.

I don't want to hear any of this shit about having a harder path to the Finals, either.

You get too much rest, you're at a disadvantage.
    You don't get enough rest, you're at a disadvantage.

Blah blah blah blah blah...

Champions for the past 10 years

14 - ? (probably EAST FYI)
    13 - EAST
    12 - EAST
    11 - WEST
    10 - WEST
    09 - WEST
    08 - EAST
    07 - WEST
    06 - EAST
    05 - WEST
    04 - EAST

Either way, it's split down the middle. And the West has been the better overall conference for at LEAST the past 10 years... actually it's longer than that.

Anyways... point is... what, are you guys butthurt because your team didn't squeeze into that 7 or 8 spot out West only to get trounced by OKC or SA in the first round? LOL.

I mean seriously... who wants to get to the first round and lose? Who gives a ****? It's title or bust. Maybe my viewpoint on title or bust is different from all of yours but really, the game is played on a professional level to WIN. And to WIN, you need to be THE champion. And only one team is getting it... it sure as shit aint your shitty 7th or 8th seeded team out West, regardless if they got moved to the East midseason and had the 3rd best record in their conference.

How many major upsets have we seen out of an 8 seed since the 7 game series began? GS over Dallas? That's a fluke and not the norm. Conferences don't matter. The best team is taking the title.

tldr; Shut the **** up, because conferences DON'T matter.

Default Re: Shut up about conferences being unbalanced. It doesn't ****ing matter.

Conditions four home court matter ya know? That is why we have playoff seedings.

Default Re: Shut up about conferences being unbalanced. It doesn't ****ing matter.

The difference is that the team that comes out of the West has been through WAR to get to the Finals.

Meanwhile Miami or Indiana will have 1 difficult round, 2 max.

This is what happens when 3 guys originally in the EAST team up to ruin competition in their conference.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    The difference is that the team that comes out of the West has been through WAR to get to the Finals.

Meanwhile Miami or Indiana will have 1 difficult round, 2 max.

This is what happens when 3 guys originally in the EAST team up to ruin competition in their conference.
    And do you honestly think that having to get through tougher teams to get through the West matters? They're all 7 game series... everyone is tired at this point in the season... the best team is going to Win.

And do you honestly think the East is that much worse because of Miami? Really? The East is ****ing FULL of retarded GMs.

FYI Miami has a better record against Western conference teams than East.

The west can't play d, and that wins championships

i dont see how it doesnt matter... Your beat by the time you get to west, let alone the fight for your playoff seed. Miami has a cake walk to the finals on their last two runs. I dont see how you can claim it doesnt matter. Miami would be a 3-4 seed in the west considering them being a two seed right now. Wade and Bosh would be beat as hell aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    The west can't play d, and that wins championships
    Really? The Spurs pretty much outplayed Miami last season and should have won
    And trust me it's much easier to be a "great" defensive team statistically in the East.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    i dont see how it doesnt matter... Your beat by the time you get to west, let alone the fight for your playoff seed. Miami has a cake walk to the finals on their last two runs. I dont see how you can claim it doesnt matter. Miami would be a 3-4 seed in the west considering them being a two seed right now. Wade and Bosh would be beat as hell aswell.
    Cake walk?

Miami played TWO MORE games than the Spurs in the 2013 playoffs.

Next please.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    Really? The Spurs pretty much outplayed Miami last season and should have won.
    Too bad

And trust me it's much easier to be a "great" defensive team statistically in the East.
    No, they didn't pretty much outplay them. They lost. They didn't outplay them.

Good college starter

They outplayed them and still lost?

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    Exactly. Like I said seedings and homecourt matter. Not sure why OP is just brushing it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    And do you honestly think that having to get through tougher teams to get through the West matters? They're all 7 game series... everyone is tired at this point in the season... the best team is going to Win.

And do you honestly think the East is that much worse because of Miami? Really? The East is ****ing FULL of retarded GMs.

FYI Miami has a better record against Western conference teams than East.
    The only reason why Miami plays the West good is because they can literally half-ass all week and give minimum effort and rest Wade until they play the real competition.

There's no way they are playing Memphis, Minnesota, LAC, and Phoenix 4 straight games(yes that type of schedule is just another week in the West) and resting Wade in any of them. With that, Wade would have too much mileage to have a chance in the West playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Exactly. Like I said seedings and homecourt matter. Not sure why OP is just brushing it off.
    Seeding doesn't matter unless you happen to run into a team that just matches up better against YOUR team... like the Warriors vs Mavericks from years back... the Warriors were NOT the better team... it was just a matchup thing.

Let's put it this way... using examples of GS & DAL... they both play 82 games during the season but never each other... DAL goes 82 and 0 and GS goes 0 and 82... meet in playoffs... DAL gets swept. Does that make GS better? Shit no. It's team by team matchups and seeding can work for you or against you in that SINGLE instance, but overall seeding doesn't matter.

Home court does matter... so then determine home court another way, but that's not the chief complaint people have about the conferences being unbalanced... it's just because people like to complain and pretend their team would win the title if they switched conferences when the reality is their team would not win the title regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Cake walk?

Miami played TWO MORE games than the Spurs in the 2013 playoffs.

Next please.
    Yes a cakewalk. Just because they are having problems against a team that didn't win 50 games, doesn't mean it shouldn't be a cakewalk.