Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Magic Johnson

Default Re: Brook Lopez out 6-8 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    He was just fine offensively without deron. He creates for himself in the post. He has a a ton of moves that he has perfected. Overrated? He was picked 10th. That is overrated in college? He only played 12 games with a hurt deron Williams.
    When it really comes down to it I just don't see him as an impact player. Obviously you think he is.

Least this gives magic a chance to convince dwight to stay...

Quote Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
    When it really comes down to it I just don't see him as an impact player. Obviously you think he is.
    Yes I'm sure he is.the nets record will definitely take a big hit without Lopez. No more double teams to make life easier on humphries. He is definitely not a role player.

Brook Lopez has been a disappointment since the start of last season, now this... Seriously, 4yrs25M is the best he should get next year for an extension, the Nets are NOT offering more than that.

Default Re: Brook Lopez has a Broken Foot, Will Under-GO Surgery Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    And Kwame averaged 3/4 last year and is getting 7 million.
    I trust our FO aint as stupid as the Warriors', lol... Kwame does not even deserve 700k.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Brook Lopez breaks foot, to have surgery tomorrow, no timetable for return.

It'll be funny if both Lopez and Bynum are on the injured reserve 2 months from now.

Then both Laker and Nets can cry together

Magic Johnson

Default Re: Brook Lopez breaks foot, to have surgery tomorrow, no timetable for return.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    It'll be funny if both Lopez and Bynum are on the injured reserve 2 months from now.

Then both Laker and Nets can cry together
    At this point we just kinda expect Bynum to get injured. Whenever he falls over we just assume the worst. Our learned helplessness isn't as bad as Blazer fans though.

3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Brook Lopez has a Broken Foot, Will Under-GO Surgery Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Because you are assuming the players with expiring contracts will be bad. Lakers can make a push at Howard while still having good enough talent on the team.
    Oh my god, what are you talking about? Are you just arguing just for the sake of arguing? You're talking about trading Gasol and Bynum to get expirers. The point of getting expirers, good or bad, is to free up cap space for the next offseason to make a big splash in FA. The big splash they would be trying to make is Howard. If you're trying to trade Gasol+Bynum for expirers to sign Howard in the offseason, WHAT IS THE POINT OF DOING THAT if you can just trade those two for Howard RIGHT NOW? (Like I said before, assuming thats what it would take to get Howard right now). This way you also avoid a bidding war with the Nets and Mavs because its not even a guarantee he'll go to the Lakers if he's a FA over the summer. And again, in either scenario you're still losing Gasol. What do you not understand?
    Last edited by guy; 12-23-2011 at 08:30 PM.