Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Root Of All Evil

Default Re: What's the difference between Superstar and All-star?

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Samurai Swoosh for the win... Couldn't have said it better myself.
    MaxFly, what you been up to man?

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

The only superstar in the NBA is Kobe Bryant. He has 1 billion fans.

superstars get calls. all stars get 1 free throw attempt in a playoff game despite driving to the rim repeatedly, and even taking body checks on two dunk attempts.

[color=white]actually, i'm of the opinion that superstars are top tier players whose popularity transcends the game. generally speaking, if a million 10 year olds wear a guy's jersey and think he can cure cancer by smiling at them, you're talking about a superstar.

the rest of my post was just for kicks. the blazers lost fairly, although i do think Roy should have had 6 more FTA in the game. those wouldn't have helped at all, so... meh. no biggie.[/color]

1. attempt.

National High School Star allball's Avatar

If you have to ask this question you shouldn't be on this board...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveNBA
    I would like somebody to tell me the difference, I don't think their is an exact definition, but what would your definition be?

A LITTLE BIT OF TALENT AND THE REFS SUPPORT...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    I'd say that Melo flirted with superstardom, but he never lived up to the hype and disappointed in the clutch too often. He could still be a superstar if he takes over a playoff series, though. Pierce is a great player, but he spent a long time being kind of an afterthought in the league, since Boston was mediocre for so long. I think you could make a case that any team with a superstar on it will be good enough to win at least 35 games, whereas a sub-35 win team could have multiple all-star caliber players (see: Wizards, Washington).

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUPERSTARS AND SAY ALLSTARS IS GETTING CALLS... That is usually the big difference...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    I'd say that Melo flirted with superstardom, but he never lived up to the hype and disappointed in the clutch too often. He could still be a superstar if he takes over a playoff series, though. Pierce is a great player, but he spent a long time being kind of an afterthought in the league, since Boston was mediocre for so long. I think you could make a case that any team with a superstar on it will be good enough to win at least 35 games, whereas a sub-35 win team could have multiple all-star caliber players (see: Wizards, Washington).

Wrong Melo just hasn't had the talent to win a title.. Put Melo on the Lakers and get rid of Kobe and the Lakers still have a good chance of winning a title.. Not as good as having Kobe on that team but a very good chance this year since KG is gone...

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by iLoveNBA
    So would these players be superstars or all-stars?

Dirk, Dwight, Yao, Melo, Pierce?

they would all be considered superstars if they played on a team that highlighted their skills.. Pierce looked like the best player in the world last playoffs. Mainly because he had a good team around him...