Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Adjustments Magic have to make going into game 3 vs Celtics

Orlando have no chance.

This is going to be 4-0.

Nelson is back to making bad decisions.
    Howard can't carry them.
    Lewis isn't turning up.

They have no chance.

Game 1 was pathetic. Game 2 wasn't much better.

Boston can just take Orlando apart, Rondo can get anywhere he wants on the court, anytime he wants. I'm so sick of seeing Orlando players fail to step in front of a guy and take a charge, or at least try to stop the ball, it's pathetic.

They deserve to lose 4-0.

At one point in the game Rondo beats Gortat, Nelson and ( I think ) Lewis or Barnes to a rebound. That just shouldn't happen. This is the damn playoffs! Start playing like you are in the playoffs!
    Last edited by swstein; 05-19-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Saw a basketball once

I don't get why youre talking down on rashard lewis. He needs to be in the starting line up. They just need to get him going early on offense, if he's not scoring around 20 a game, they're not going to win.

Amil23
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This series have been a massacre.Even though the scores was close at the end,you never had a feeling the Magic were in or there was no doubt at the end of the games who were the better team.Dominated in every way.The Celtics match up extremely well with the Magic.

Normally Howard is being double teamed so someone gets open to shoot, but not that isnt happening and Howard being fouled they need to force shots. I dont see how Magic can take this series.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by swstein
    Orlando have no chance.

This is going to be 4-0.

Nelson is back to making bad decisions.
    Howard can't carry them.
    Lewis isn't turning up.

They have no chance.

Game 1 was pathetic. Game 2 wasn't much better.

Boston can just take Orlando apart, Rondo can get anywhere he wants on the court, anytime he wants. I'm so sick of seeing Orlando players fail to step in front of a guy and take a charge, or at least try to stop the ball, it's pathetic.

They deserve to lose 4-0.

At one point in the game Rondo beats Gortat, Nelson and ( I think ) Lewis or Barnes to a rebound. That just shouldn't happen. This is the damn playoffs! Start playing like you are in the playoffs!
    You now know why dwight wins the DPOY, he's accountable for almost 90% of their rebounds, everybody else stands around and watches him. They are not used to rebounding since they know he'll get them all. On the other hand, everybody on the celtics helps in rebounding.. team defense bro..

a good start would be your highest paid player(rashard lewis) not scoring 5.5 ppg on 20% shooting.

next would be to play ryan anderson or bass atleast a bit, what do you have to loose- rashards output?

rashard is the reason theyve done so badly not vince.

No adjustements. Juts give up

Can't believe conference finals were so boring this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei89
    No adjustements. Juts give up

Can't believe conference finals were so boring this year.
    I have to agree with you.

If Magic played good basketbal, and then lost game one by 4 and game two by 3, it would have been different. But even with Ray Allen scoring 4 points, 1-6 FG's (couldnt hit a three also), boston still had control of the whole game.

The only way for Magic to win this is if SVG Changes his line up and I dont see that happening.

But you never know whats going to happen, so lets not make statements Lakers VS Boston yet. Though everyone thinks it, even the players on the Magic team. When your coach says their defense is just to strong and we cant beat them (he said that in Game 2, I think right after halftime) and walks away with a 'sigh' I dont see SVG motivating them for Game 3.

Williams for Nelson, when he was in the game he had that fire in his eyes, like he was the only one that wanted to win. That can also help Magic. Start with Lewis, if he plays the same he did last game get him out of the game. Lewis had the most play time and shoot very bad. How do you let Lewis play that many minutes when he shoots so bad?
    Last edited by Jeannot; 05-20-2010 at 07:22 AM.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I don't care who guards Rashard Lewis..the simple fact is that he needs to score atleast 15 points on Saturday. And Vince needs to go for 25+

Any way to get Hedo Turk. back... I mean the raptors arent using him. right? That week layoff really killed the magic I think.. Turn off you TV's and come back for the finals who knows maybe even 6 or 7 games for the boston lakers series wouldnt that be nice and quite a change from these lame playoffs so far

Boy, the Magic have been really disappointing. Hell, this has been the most disappointing playoffs in years. The amount of sweeps we've had so far has been pathetic. Both conference finals potentially headed to sweeps as well.

Back on topic, Rashard needs to wake-up, Jameer needs to make better decisions, VC needs to make FT's, Howard needs to rebound more, and block more shots, etc. Van Gundy might as well give Bass, and Howard some minutes. Maybe even play Gortat, and Howard together.

Game 3 is a must win. Sucks that we have to wait until Saturday night. Damn NBA playoff schedule. It's awful.

Very simply put, a team that so heavily relies on 3 pt shooting, cannot win it all.

Because if they nail them, they sweep the opponents, but if they don't they have no other chance than being outplayed in almost all other aspects of the game.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

unless rashard lewis hits 18 points the rest of the way out, it's simply over. carter's confidence is now shot, and who really expected him to show up big anyway.

someone else on here said it first, and i'll repeat it:

the magic and cavs spent the offseason building teams to beat each other, and they forgot about boston in the process.

boston's season didn't give anybody a reason to believe they'd make it past the second round, but they at least deserved the spurs media treatment this year and didn't get it. those miami beating boston predictions were laughable.

when you have 3 hall of fame veterans who can still play like all-stars on most nights, and when those 3 have already won a title together, you're never the underdog.

come playoff time in the nba, more experience equals more wins