Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Some appreciation for Jeremy Lin..

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    He's a very solid playmaker during Linsanity tho, averaging like 8 apg or something like that? I can see him averaging about 7 or 8 apg if Mchale would let him control the offense more. I think he is the best playmaker on the team.

And the sixth man role was a really good move by Mchale. He still needs to get the rotation right, but having him on the bench creates a great spark of the second unit. But he often keeps Harden out there with Lin and their game sometimes clashes because both need the ball. I would just surround Lin with shooters with Asik or Howard at the C and let him do his thing.
    He can get assists if you keep the ball in his hands all game like NY did but he can also be a turnover machine. Harden is their best guard so he should have the ball more than Lin.

btw,

RAYMOND FELTON is not an nba caliber point guard.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Jr made a big mistake letting Lin go.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    You are permanently in the red and thus, in my view, not worth negging any more.
    Have to disagree on the permanent red part. Euroleague went from 8 red bars (more like infinity if it weren't capped) to currently 2.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

He can get assists if you keep the ball in his hands all game like NY did but he can also be a turnover machine. Harden is their best guard so he should have the ball more than Lin.
    Most good PGs turnover the ball. Magic Johnson average 4 TOs a game in his career, Steve Nash averaged almost averaged 4 TOs with the Suns. James Harden currently is averaging 4.6 TOs right now too. No one complains about him. That's more than Lin atm who is averaging 3.8 TOs. Not everyone can be like Chris Paul.

I think the way to maximize both of their potential is to have Lin control the offense and have the ball mostly in his hands, especially when Harden is out. Harden is your best one on one player on the team while I think Lin is the best playmaker and at running the offense. Harden likes to iso a lot, which stops the ball and Lin usually move the ball around a bit more, which sets up other players. Both of them should have the ball, but it should be about 60-40 for Lin until the 4th quarter. But it depends on the situation.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Most good PGs turnover the ball. Magic Johnson average 4 TOs a game in his career, Steve Nash averaged almost averaged 4 TOs with the Suns. James Harden currently is averaging 4.6 TOs right now too. No one complains about him. That's more than Lin atm who is averaging 3.8 TOs. Not everyone can be like Chris Paul.

I think the way to maximize both of their potential is to have Lin control the offense and have the ball mostly in his hands, especially when Harden is out. Harden is your best one on one player on the team while I think Lin is the best playmaker and at running the offense. Harden likes to iso a lot, which stops the ball and Lin usually move the ball around a bit more, which sets up other players. Both of them should have the ball, but it should be about 60-40 for Lin until the 4th quarter. But it depends on the situation.
    I don't feel like looking up the exact numbers during linsanity but for the season in NY Lin got 6.2 apg and 3.6 TOpg. The benchmark for all PGs is 2:1, when Nash or Magic get around 4 TOs they also are getting 11-12 assists. Harden getting 4.6 is acceptable because he's also the team's main scorer, getting them 26 ppg.

big Lin homer here. hes shooting well but turnovers and assists are not what i expected to be. he is still adjusting to playing off the bench and having to run the offense down the stretch in the 4th quarter. rockets have bad team chemistry at the moment. Dwight and Harden are black holes and ball movement is entirely nonexistent. theyre just getting by with talent right now. when rockets want to play pick and roll sets, Lin's assists should go up and turnovers should go down seeing as how he is a pick and roll player. and whenever the offense is clicking enough, Lin will thrive in that situation

Quote Originally Posted by Ken_Masters
    Don't know why Lin receives so much hate. The guy is a very good NBA player, especially when he's allowed to have the ball in his hands.
    You should ask Niko that. Lin has proven he can play and as a Knick fan, he is much better player than Felton. The Knicks can really use Lin right now because no one on this team can break down the opponent's defense.

Decent college freshman

21.7 TOV% is pretty bad for someone that doesn't get 10+ asts AND isn't the main facilitator

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

You're being a bit hard on him. The hate is largely the backlash every player gets when they get some notoriety. If even Michael Jordan has haters, how could Lin be immune? You're also exaggerating the praise he got in some areas. There are always outliers but very few called his court vision "elite." The reality is that he can score and if he keeps that ppg over 15 off the bench that would qualify him as a good player.
    I should have clarified. I was referring to the way this board exploded with people lauding him here. It was ridiculous and plenty of people were calling him elite and said he had elite court vision. I wasn't referring to Espn or media, just the overreacting kids here who also thought Brandon Jennings was amazing when he scored 50 or who thought MCW would be rookie of the year after his first game. I stand by my assertion that Lin is an average player and that his numbers just go up when he jacks just like Mike James. There are plenty of player who can do that when given free reign to shoot. He doesn't play well unless he has the ball in his hands for the majority of time that he's on the floor and take the majorit of the shots. I'm not bashing him, I'm just being realistic. I'm a Sixer fan but I'm also realistic about MCW and Evan Turner. Almost every player can have a good stretch of games. You prove yourself by playing well over time. Lin hasn't done that yet. He had a great bunch of games in NY and then played very average last year. He was bad to average in the preseason. Now, after 10 games he's played very well. The season is 82 games plus the playoffs so if he indeed average 18pts for the year and actually helps his team win games, then I'll change my opinion. That's all I'm saying.

The Rockets should trade for Steve Novak, who is just sitting on the bench in Toronto.

Novak's the perfect shooter for Lin - stands out on the corner, creates space for Lin to drive, and hits his shots when he gets the ball. He would be perfect with that second unit in Houston - he'd be great too with the first unit as well.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

I don't feel like looking up the exact numbers during linsanity but for the season in NY Lin got 6.2 apg and 3.6 TOpg. The benchmark for all PGs is 2:1, when Nash or Magic get around 4 TOs they also are getting 11-12 assists. Harden getting 4.6 is acceptable because he's also the team's main scorer, getting them 26 ppg.
    I know his assists average went way up because of his run as Linsainity. Similarly to his points. He averaged like 26-28 ppg during Linsanity? Like he was constantly getting like 7-9? He still had a few games where he played very good with assisting all star break until he got injured.

But that is true. He is a turnover machine. And Harden should get the ball. I just feel Harden could average 24-26 ppg just fine even if Lin runs the offense. I just think that Lin would make plays with other players as well as got his own shot. Would the best indicator to see who runs the offense better is to check out the stats on the five man units with Lin w/o Harden and Harden w/o Lin assuming if they have the same lineup. I know both of the offense is pretty high when they are together.

Decent college freshman InfiniteBaskets's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    21.7 TOV% is pretty bad for someone that doesn't get 10+ asts AND isn't the main facilitator
    Who is the main facilitator on the Rockets then? The guy who averages about a one to one turnover to assist ratio? Or Patrick Beverly?

Fun Fact: 12% through the season Jeremy Lin is averaging more points than Dwight Howard and shooting a better % from the field.

NBA rookie of the year

People hated/resented Lin because he is only an above average - good player, and the media and asian fans were treating him like he was one of the best players in the League.

It gets annoying if you are a fan of a sport (or anything really), and all of these people who previously had zero interest in the sport come in and tell you that so and so is the best ever, when you know they aren't.

With that said, Lin is clearly above average talent wise and a good NBA role player.