Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Yahoo's take on MJ speech

Not to defend his speech (cuz I'm not.... I already posted my thoughts on it).
    But he didn't know what to say, like he mentioned we know everything about him, so he wanted to let us know something that we might not know about him, what made him push himself. And I guess he got caught up in the moment and the fire began to burn once again as he started to recount his journey.

I think that it could've been handled differently. I think that if he wrote the speech and followed it, things would've been different, but that obviously wasn't the case.

Now.... to clear some things up.....

He DID thank some people.
    He was gracious in some moments.

But I guess most of that got overshadowed by his stories of vindication.

An Icon Forever

Hey andgar,

I remember in reading MJ books, he would mention how his motivation was always about him wanting to be the best he could be and never really wanting to prove people wrong. So I was surprised when he told all of the reasons for what really motivated him. How did you feel regarding that? I mean did you already know those things are what motivated him?

Da Mavs

If Kobe gets up there one day and said even some of the same stuff, I guarantee you guys would be ripping him into pieces.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    If Kobe gets up there one day and said even some of the same stuff, I guarantee you guys would be ripping him into pieces.
    How original mentioning Kobe in a Jordan thread. Do you think about any other player BUT Kobe?
    The reason Jordan gets away with things is cause he's Jordan. He earned everything from start to finish when nobody gave it to him easy. Kobe was a pampered prima donna that got everything he wanted from birth. You can't sympathize with Kobe cause he just looks like a spoiled brat.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by BallersTalk
    How original mentioning Kobe in a Jordan thread. Do you think about any other player BUT Kobe?
    The reason Jordan gets away with things is cause he's Jordan. He earned everything from start to finish when nobody gave it to him easy. Kobe was a pampered prima donna that got everything he wanted from birth. You can't sympathize with Kobe cause he just looks like a spoiled brat.
    100% agree

NBA rookie of the year Da KO King's Avatar

I listened to the full speech just now. I think it was less about being vindictive and more about a guy who was ALWAYS a calculated speaker having to talk from his heart about the greatest achievement and highest recognition one in his field can receive. It wasn't as bad as it is made to be.

People hoped for more based on who he is.

Da Mavs

Yes quite original indeed.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

bah it was alright kinda what i expected

That's correct... and its because Kobe isn't the GOAT. When you're the GOAT you've earned the right to say whatever you want.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Well that's because he's not MJ.

Just how Barkley can say the most foul offensive things and get away with it, and if Iverson said the same thing he'd be killed for it.

Kobe fans should just deal with it.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    That's correct... and its because Kobe isn't the GOAT. When you're the GOAT you've earned the right to say whatever you want.
    This is a fact that Kobe homers will never understand. But what hurts them most is that Kobe is just not as good as MJ and never can or will be.

Da Mavs

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Kareem was every bit as good as Jordan, he wasn't going off like that I'm sure.

Jordan just took it too far last night IMO, just seemed so obsessed with himself. No you can't say whatever you want because of who you are,you should respect the game and fellow players.

The quote from the article really summed it all up for me.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Kareem was every bit as good as Jordan, he wasn't going off like that I'm sure.

Jordan just took it too far last night IMO, just seemed so obsessed with himself. No you can't say whatever you want because of who you are,you should respect the game and fellow players.

The quote from the article really summed it all up for me.
    You weren't comparing Kareem and Jordan. You were comparing Kobe (cause you can never help yourself) to Jordan. And Kobe is not close to being as good or as respected as Jordan. And mentioning him in the same sentence is just disrespectful not to mention annoying. It's like constantly comparing Kerry Kittles to Kobe.

An Icon Forever

So Kobe hasn't had to work for anything? Given his work ethic, I don't know how you could say that. Usually spoiled people are lazy.

Knicks 2010 Champs

Quote Originally Posted by Heilige
    So Kobe hasn't had to work for anything? Given his work ethic, I don't know how you could say that. Usually spoiled people are lazy.
    That's not true. Not all spoiled people are lazy. Kobe came into the league with a feeling of self-entitlement. His road wasn't as hard as Jordan's. There was a giant roadblock at every stop for MJ. But for Kobe, there were giant automatically-opening doorways for him to walk through. I'm not saying Kobe didn't work as hard or wasn't as dedicated. I'm saying that his road was easier. I mean you can't find ONE roadblock in Kobe's entire career that he didn't bring upon himself.