Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: The official jlauber and Wilt Chamberlain thread

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    millwad, give up. You sound like an absolute fool.
    Exactly what is wrong with what I just wrote?

You're a clown, dude, you've had your head in Jlauber's ass since you joined ISH with your new crappy account and you've followed my ass as well while trying to correct me with moral stupid lessons.

Get a life, seriously, tired of you already, you average 40 posts per day and you try to get involved in every single discussion on ISH. You even told that you were leaving the site, please do so, mr 40 posts per day. You've written 1/3 of the posts I've written in 5 years on ISH, in one month, who are you to tell anyone to leave a discussion.
    Last edited by millwad; 07-26-2012 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    No, James White holds NO "mythical record" albeit, he had a higher vertical leap than just about every legitimate NBA player. We have no "official" attempts by Wilt or Russell.
    We do have video evidence of him scraping anywhere from 12'9" - 12'11", it may not be official, but in my eyes he hold the record.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElTzC2M34cY

I rule the local playground Linspired's Avatar

No, James White holds NO "mythical record" albeit, he had a higher vertical leap than just about every legitimate NBA player. We have no "official" attempts by Wilt or Russell.
    yes he does hold 'mythical record'. it's not official, but there is article written about it, and there is a pretty damn convincing video footage.

wilt could jump 20ft high but it was never recorded, so doesn't count. and that awful video analysis doesn't count. we will never know how high he got up there from that footage.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Linspired
    yes he does hold 'mythical record'. it's not official, but there is article written about it, and there is a pretty damn convincing video footage.

wilt could jump 20ft high but it was never recorded, so doesn't count. and that awful video analysis doesn't count. we will never know how high he got up there from that footage.
    Now, you have seen Wilt's block in that one game, and in which he had no time to react, goes straight up, and tips the ball with his off-hand. Just how much higher would Wilt have reached with a full-speed running start from near half-court, and using his normal hand? (And like BOTH Howard and White...give him multiple attempts, too.)

Now, you have seen Wilt's block in that one game, and in which he had no time to react, goes straight up, and tips the ball with his off-hand. Just how much higher would Wilt have reached with a full-speed running start from near half-court, and using his normal hand? (And like BOTH Howard and White...give him multiple attempts, too.)
    we don't know for sure if wilt has a better max vert than standing vert. most likely he does, but again we will never know. many NFL players have better standing vert than max vert because they trained to jump with 2 legs all the time with their massive thighs. tim tebow is a great example. instead of using 1 powerful leg, he uses 2 powerful leg. many wrestlers are also better standing vert leaper. i too am better 2 foot leaper. tyson chandler has 33.5 max vert, and 31 standing vert. that's only 2.5 inch advantage.

and that footage is just too blurry and wilt is too far from the backboard. it could easily be a camera angle trick. there are many supposed 'head over the rim' shot by bron, griffin and etc but usually it's a bad camera angle enhancements.

i have not seen 40 inch vert in any of the wilt pictures. 40 inch vert is noticeable. it's rare. i don't get that kinda vibe from wilt. IMO, wilt's max vert is anywhere from 33 - 36 inch range. that's still elite for 7ft 1 man.

3-time NBA All-Star

we don't know for sure if wilt has a better max vert than standing vert. most likely he does, but again we will never know. many NFL players have better standing vert than max vert because they trained to jump with 2 legs all the time with their massive thighs. tim tebow is a great example. instead of using 1 powerful leg, he uses 2 powerful leg. many wrestlers are also better standing vert leaper. i too am better 2 foot leaper. tyson chandler has 33.5 max vert, and 31 standing vert. that's only 2.5 inch advantage.

and that footage is just too blurry and wilt is too far from the backboard. it could easily be a camera angle trick. there are many supposed 'head over the rim' shot by bron, griffin and etc but usually it's a bad camera angle enhancements.

i have not seen 40 inch vert in any of the wilt pictures. 40 inch vert is noticeable. it's rare. i don't get that kinda vibe from wilt. IMO, wilt's max vert is anywhere from 33 - 36 inch range. that's still elite for 7ft 1 man.
    There has been too many eye-witness accounts, and even measurements (George Kiseda measured Wilt with a leap in a hospital in which Chamberlain touched the ceiling, at 42") to suggest that Wilt "only had a 33-36 vertical.)

Furthermore, one of the running jokes here was that there was no footage of a spectacular leap by Chamberlain (until CavsFan came up with that footage)...BUT, I have long maintained that Wilt seldom had to make a max effort. Was he supposed to block shots with his head or chest? Furthermore, Wilt played in some 1200 NBA games, as well as over 40 college games...and all we have is a few total hours of footage. Surely Chamberlain made MANY spectacular plays in his career...albeit, with no footage. Billy Cunningham claims to have witnessed a Wilt block, in which he blocked a shot taken from near the corner, in which Chamberlain came from the other side of the lane, and blocked it at it's apex. Wilt was called for goal-tending on the play, and his coach jumped up to complain to the ref. The ref came over and said, "We both know what we just witnessed was a physical impossibility."

There has been too many eye-witness accounts, and even measurements (George Kiseda measured Wilt with a leap in a hospital in which Chamberlain touched the ceiling, at 42") to suggest that Wilt "only had a 33-36 vertical.)

Furthermore, one of the running jokes here was that there was no footage of a spectacular leap by Chamberlain (until CavsFan came up with that footage)...BUT, I have long maintained that Wilt seldom had to make a max effort. Was he supposed to block shots with his head or chest? Furthermore, Wilt played in some 1200 NBA games, as well as over 40 college games...and all we have is a few total hours of footage. Surely Chamberlain made MANY spectacular plays in his career...albeit, with no footage. Billy Cunningham claims to have witnessed a Wilt block, in which he blocked a shot taken from near the corner, in which Chamberlain came from the other side of the lane, and blocked it at it's apex. Wilt was called for goal-tending on the play, and his coach jumped up to complain to the ref. The ref came over and said, "We both know what we just witnessed was a physical impossibility."
    for sure his 6ft 6 high jump footage is nowhere near 40 inch. if he has 40 inch vert, he would be jumping 7ft 6, not 6ft 6. and that block footage really is a bad footage. i really can't make any sense out of that footage. he could be anywhere from 12ft to 12ft 8 inch. just not clear evidence of his leaping ability.

did he mildly jump all his career? maybe
    leap like this is no more than 25 inch. still great for a big man with surgically repaired knee

this would probably be 30-32 inch vert. impressive for a big man

i haven't seen a legit 40 inch by anybody over 7ft. definitely not from wilt.

this is charles woodson and he has 36 1/2 inch vert.

and we can rule out 50 inch vertical for sure because 50 inch vertical looks like this. this dude is 5ft 9 vertical trainer.
    Last edited by Linspired; 07-27-2012 at 01:54 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

for sure his 6ft 6 high jump footage is nowhere near 40 inch. if he has 40 inch vert, he would be jumping 7ft 6, not 6ft 6. and that block footage really is a bad footage. i really can't make any sense out of that footage. he could be anywhere from 12ft to 12ft 8 inch. just not clear evidence of his leaping ability.

did he mildly jump all his career? maybe
    leap like this is no more than 25 inch. still great for a big man with surgically repaired knee

this would probably be 30-32 inch vert. impressive for a big man

i haven't seen a legit 40 inch by anybody over 7ft. definitely not from wilt.

this is charles woodson and he has 36 1/2 inch vert.
    I believe Shaq was measured at 36" and he was nowhere near the leaper Chamberlain was (even in Wilt's LAST season.) BTW, Chamberlain coached the Conquistadors in the '74 season, and in a practice, the ball got hung up in a guidewire. None of the players could reach it, including a young 6-11 Caldwell Jones. Chamberlain showed up late, and in a suit-and-tie. He asked what was going on, and when they replied, he said something along the lines "put your money on the floor." He took off his shoes, and to their amazement, he easily tapped the ball down. He was 37 years old at the time.

i honestly don't know why you are feeding us these stories. these stories are just stories. you can just choose to believe it or not.

and i actually don't believe everything i read. and who knows if shaq faked his standing reach? i can 'fake' my standing reach. anybody can. basically you can cheat your vertical. i really never understood this method. it's not accurate simply because you can half a$$ your standing reach. shaq's 9ft 5 reach could easily be 9ft 7 and that means his vert is 34 inch.

shaq may have a legit 36 inch vert when he was young, but that means he had better vert than blake and dwight. i do think dwight worked his vert up to 38 inch. but he entered the league with 35 1/2 inch vert.

i don't think you can say this kinda dunk is nowhere near wilt's dunk.

wilt's

http://kuhistory.com/wp-content/uplo...31956_06ED.jpg

wilt has never shown me 40 inch leap in any of his footage. shaq has never shown me 36 inch leap either. maybe they can, but i guess i'm a skeptical person.
    Last edited by Linspired; 07-27-2012 at 03:16 AM.

Cuba

Doug Thomas touched 13 feet -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbVJ1IvYkaI

They set up a bell 13 feet high next to the backboard, he rang it.

well the mythical record is for nba players.

i'm sure there is a dude who can get to 13ft in the world. there are 6 billion+ human being. the greatest leapers i've seen in youtube aren't even in the nba.

i believe NBA players' verts are very overrated. even in NFL there are 40+ inch vert every year and they only test standing vert.

well the mythical record is for nba players.

i'm sure there is a dude who can get to 13ft in the world. there are 6 billion+ human being. the greatest leapers i've seen in youtube aren't even in the nba.

i believe NBA players' verts are very overrated. even in NFL there are 40+ inch vert every year and they only test standing vert.
    Personally I disagree with you but you're entitled to your opinion. Its a GOOD thing your skeptical...I just think Dantheman's video proves it mathematically with those jumps. His coaches said if he had actually practiced his technique more he could have gotten 7 feet...before the Fflop.

Those aren't 40 BUT I do believe he could...Shaq's max reach was said on sports science, and dwight was close to it also so I don't see why its out of the realm of possibility...Do you think Russell could? who was an olympic Jumper

Are you alive?

After all those years of trying to convince people that Wilt is the GOAT, jlauber decided to take his talents to south beach...

"Um..in this fall, man ttthis is very tough, um..in this fall I'ma take my talents to the grave."