Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: We are witnessing the best and worst shooting seasons of all time (Curry vs Kobe)

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents
    When was the last time someone shot below 30% for a season?
    Shooting splits of 23.5/20/50.

193 minutes played, zero assists. Zero. In the Zero-Assist Club

He has a -1.16 PER. He is currently the only player in the league with a negative PER.

He's averaging 8.3 fouls per 48 minutes. Tonight, he had 4 fouls in 14 minutes played.

Signed to a 5-year, $25 million deal. That deal runs through the summer of 2020, which sounds insane because it is insane.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: We are witnessing the best and worst shooting seasons of all time (Curry vs Kobe)

Min 100 FGA attempts.

1949-50 among qualified players (that means not counting your 10 day contract stuff, 100 FGA type of players).

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...t=&order_by=ws
    Last edited by Collie; 12-07-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Current Curry is better than Kobe's ever been.

And he's only getting better.
    Lmao Curry is gonna retire with a better 3fg% than Kobe's career fg%

Quote Originally Posted by dhsilv

Min 100 FGA attempts.
    Not a single one of them took more than 400 FGA tbf. Kobe is on pace to hit 1k easily. So this is even worse!

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Why didn't you just stay logged in as jt??

Your Mr feeny account was body bagged so bad last time that I'm surprised you've kept it activated.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Not a single one of them took more than 400 FGA tbf. Kobe is on pace to hit 1k easily. So this is even worse!
    Well there were a few guys in the 40's and 50's to do that.

But, TS% for kobe thanks to FTs and 3's makes him a bit less awful. Still yeah this is bad.

Well there were a few guys in the 40's and 50's to do that.

But, TS% for kobe thanks to FTs and 3's makes him a bit less awful. Still yeah this is bad.
    Yes, but that was when basketball was still in its infancy. It's was deplorable. An abomination. People dribbling with one hand and nobody able to make a shot. 60's onwards and especially post merger, this is gonna stand out as one of the worst seasons in NBA history. Possible THE worst.

Good research btw. Excellent stuff.

3-time NBA All-Star

nobody remembers this my friend. Meanwhile 2/6 is preventing bran from entering top 15 ATG

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Yes, but that was when basketball was still in its infancy. It's was deplorable. An abomination. People dribbling with one hand and nobody able to make a shot. 60's onwards and especially post merger, this is gonna stand out as one of the worst seasons in NBA history. Possible THE worst.

Good research btw. Excellent stuff.
    First yeah I changed tables, TS% is in the advanced table.

Interestingly we've had a lot of all time bad seasons lately. This does grant SOME respect to those claiming the game is weak right now. Of course with more teams and players perhaps we're seeing some issue there along with more bad teams along with great teams.

This seems like more interesting research than the kobe topic.

But yeah that's TS% under 42% as kobe is at 41.2% currently and 1000 FGA.

Edit

Removed image, there' something wrong with what I pulled and I'm going to bed. I'll look at it in the morning. I need to figure out a better way to pull this crap with all these damn players traded where I have to account for it and write overly complex formulas to address it.

First yeah I changed tables, TS% is in the advanced table.

Interestingly we've had a lot of all time bad seasons lately. This does grant SOME respect to those claiming the game is weak right now. Of course with more teams and players perhaps we're seeing some issue there along with more bad teams along with great teams.

This seems like more interesting research than the kobe topic.

But yeah that's TS% under 42% as kobe is at 41.2% currently and 1000 FGA.

Edit

Removed image, there' something wrong with what I pulled and I'm going to bed. I'll look at it in the morning. I need to figure out a better way to pull this crap with all these damn players traded where I have to account for it and write overly complex formulas to address it.
    If you don't mind me asking, where are you getting this from. Whenever you see this in the morning, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me what website you're using to play around with these tables.

Cheers!

Min 100 FGA attempts.

very interesting

props

As bad as Kobe's been, I still take him over Kyle Singler.

Quote Originally Posted by Monta Ellis MVP
    That's what your Father said after the first time he molested you.
    The coping mechanism for such a traumatic event in his life must have been making 700+ posts in one month on ISH.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Careful OP. Kblaze is on a war path about any thread that points out how AWFUL Kobe is playing. He already closed one of my threads and threatened to ban me for speaking the truth.
    LOL

He's in such denial about it....he still doesn't realize that Rose and Kobe both are in the running for least valuable players in the league

But its' "BAN WORTHY" to say something that is simply a fact at this point...