Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russell to LeBron: "Thank you for leaving me off your Mt. Rushmore."

Russell looks like the idiot, not James. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and Russell just comes off looking old, grumpy and stupid. If you're as secure with your place in history as you claim, you wouldn't have to talk.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Default Re: Russell to LeBron: "Thank you for leaving me off your Mt. Rushmore."

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It's more amazing how uninformed Lebron's opinion is. We're talking about a guy who stopped wearing #23 'out of respect for MJ' then goes on to wear #6, Bill Russell's number, an arguably GREATER player than MJ!?

FAIL.

Lebron is an idiot when it comes to NBA history, I remember him interviewing Dr. J and he was asking him stupid questions that Dr. J kept correcting him on 'how did it feel to be the first to do ____" .... "I wasn't the first, Connie Hawkins and Elgin Baylor were doing that before me" ... (Lebron changes subject). Guy is just plain oblivious to the games history
    Is there such a thing an an uninformed opinion? It's his opinion. He named guys that HE grew up watching, and modeled his game after

Russell is butthurt... and doesn't he mean "WE" won, since it's a team game and all. He's not a top 10 player all-time, let alone a top 4.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Russell looks like the idiot, not James. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and Russell just comes off looking old, grumpy and stupid. If you're as secure with your place in history as you claim, you wouldn't have to talk.
    No one in NBA history has ever won more than Russell, so I can see why he'd be pissed off about this, and how players from his generation are ignored by modern players.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    It's more amazing how uninformed Lebron's opinion is. We're talking about a guy who stopped wearing #23 'out of respect for MJ' then goes on to wear #6, Bill Russell's number, an arguably GREATER player than MJ!?

FAIL.

Lebron is an idiot when it comes to NBA history, I remember him interviewing Dr. J and he was asking him stupid questions that Dr. J kept correcting him on 'how did it feel to be the first to do ____" .... "I wasn't the first, Connie Hawkins and Elgin Baylor were doing that before me" ... (Lebron changes subject). Guy is just plain oblivious to the games history
    Then he has the audacity to say he will be on there one day

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
    russel like 80 he too old to be acting like this.Bolded every selfish thing he said though

you bolded him saying "my" when he was referencing to his rookie season and tried to pass it as him being selfish

you're an idiot for that

what was he supposed to say "The first year a man named Bill Russell played in the NBA.." how else does he talk about his rookie season without saying "my"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    Is there such a thing an an uninformed opinion? It's his opinion. He named guys that HE grew up watching, and modeled his game after
    Do you live under a rock? Uninformed opinions are abundant in every day life. Yes they certainly do exist

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wouldn't the same apply to Bron with all his "I'll be in the Top 4 Mt Rushmore" talk?

I mean, this is the same guy that was going on ESPN the Magazine trying to frame his Game 7 dagger shot as a "Jordan Moment"?

Good college starter

He sounds overly sensitive and definitely does care. There's so many great players that someone's bound to get left off when picking top 4 players.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    You simply can't have a Mt Rushmore of basketball players.
    You could, but it would have to have an era-specific variation for each decade.

Trying to imagine guys like Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Jordan, Lebron, Shaq in the same ''playerverse'' is just futile. All speculation & nothing more.

Otoh, it IS possible to have opinions on the matter & Lebron simply gave his own answer, in addition to saying what many MVP-level players in their primes have claimed about themselves as well: That he is confident he'll end his career among the greatest.

Kobe, MJ, Shaq and the condescending old-timers like Russel, Oscar, Kareem - All these guys have sizable egos, and I'm fairly certain they'd all have answered the same as Lebron.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out

matter fact i call flat out bull shit on this story........
    These kids these days...even watching box score for an ASG

80 years old and still catching feelings sad

Banned

russell doesn't deserve top 4

what did he average again 10 points on 30% shooting?

he'd be camby at best today

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Anyone would win in the era Russell played in.