Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Russell to LeBron: "Thank you for leaving me off your Mt. Rushmore."

Quote Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out

matter fact i call flat out bull shit on this story........
    They said it when they sang Happy Birthday to Mr. Russell, it happened are you even watching the ASG?

Banned

Default Re: Russell to LeBron: "Thank you for leaving me off your Mt. Rushmore."

Watch the All Star games noob.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    But, if you did, Russell would have to be on it...
    Hmm... He'd be on mine, but LeBron and people have their own opinions. It's all subjective.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Pretty bs LeBron is getting ethered for answering a question. For someone who had to put up with a lot of racism and indifference, Russell is very sensitive

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Ruthless.

Bran opinion still stands

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    They said it when they sang Happy Birthday to Mr. Russell, it happened are you even watching the ASG?
    watching it on mute i was talking to people my bad lol @ russel taking it so personal

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

If Russell really didn't care, he wouldn't have said anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Bill Russell to LeBron James during the pre-game (per Craig Sager):

"Thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. Im glad you did. Basketball is a team game. Its not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in highschool. Back-to-back NCAA championships in college. I won an NBA championship my first year in the league. An NBA championship my last year. 9 in between. And that, Mr. James, is etched in stone."

Quote Originally Posted by supermechasonic
    Yeah, its revealing how upset Russel is for Lebron sharing his own personal opinion. smh
    It's more amazing how uninformed Lebron's opinion is. We're talking about a guy who stopped wearing #23 'out of respect for MJ' then goes on to wear #6, Bill Russell's number, one of only a small handful of guys who ever played who is arguably as great or GREATER than MJ!?

FAIL.

Lebron is an idiot when it comes to NBA history, I remember him interviewing Dr. J and he was asking him stupid questions that Dr. J kept correcting him on 'how did it feel to be the first to do ____" .... "I wasn't the first, Connie Hawkins and Elgin Baylor were doing that before me" ... (Lebron changes subject). Guy is just plain oblivious to the games history, he deserved to get ethered by Bill Russell
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 02-16-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Good college starter

No video link yet. Im sure it'll be up on youtube soon enough. It happened when coming back from commercial break just before the start of the 2nd quarter. When all the players were singing Happy B-Day to Russell and shaking his hand (Craig Sager reported the quote, that is. Which happened during a pre-game exchange).

But this should provide suitable confirmation until then:

http://twitchy.com/2014/02/16/etched...ushmore-gaffe/

Quote Originally Posted by IllegalD
    Bill Russell to LeBron James during the pre-game (per Craig Sager):

"Thank you for leaving me off your Mount Rushmore. Im glad you did. Basketball is a team game. Its not for individual honors. I won back-to-back state championships in highschool. Back-to-back NCAA championships in college. I won an NBA championship my first year in the league. An NBA championship my last year. 9 in between. And that, Mr. James, is etched in stone."

russel like 80 he too old to be acting like this.Bolded every selfish thing he said though

Banned

It's his opinion who cares I am sick with all these rushmore threads

Obviously, there is no universally accepted NBA Mt. Rushmore, or this whole issue would be moot.

Lebron is welcome to HIS Mt. Rushmore just like anyone else is to their's.

Lmfao