Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: June 16, 2000 NBA Finals Game 5

Kobe was injured for that game. He had an akle injury i believe in game 2 of that same finals courtesy of jalen rose. Lebron was 100% healthy when marion owned his heart on defense. BIG difference right there.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

He played 37min in his 8pt game, how could he be injured and play that much?

Basketball Genius

in the close-out game 6 at home kobe put up 26-10-4 along with 1 steal and 2 blocks to help lead his team along with shaq to victory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFHqwat3Wm8
    ^"the pacers are gonna have to get kobe bryant under control"

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    in the close-out game 6 at home kobe put up 26-10-4 along with 1 steal and 2 blocks to help lead his team along with shaq to victory.

We're only talking about Game 5 8pt game in this thread.

I can also do the same and bring up Lebron's 45/15/5 game and so on...

Don't catch feelings and start bringing up OTHER games. We all know Kobe has good games dude. Again, I'll admit he's the greatest scorer of all time, but stick to the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelCorleone
    He played 37min in his 8pt game, how could he be injured and play that much?
    lol, 34 YO kobe was playing 48 minutes back to back to back.
    He's the epitome of what humand physical condition should be, and has played throughout the most pain out of any athlete we've seen, what do you expect.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    lol, 34 YO kobe was playing 48 minutes back to back to back.
    He's the epitome of what humand physical condition should be, and has played throughout the most pain out of any athlete we've seen, what do you expect.
    Yup I take nothing away from Kobe. He's a tank and his work ethic/motivation is probably 2nd to only MJ's. But the fact remained, he had a 8pt finals game.

I just want to point that out to posters like ripthekik, 9erempiree and kennethgriffin.

Basketball Genius

We're only talking about Game 5 8pt game in this thread.

I can also do the same and bring up Lebron's 45/15/5 game and so on...

Don't catch feelings and start bringing up OTHER games. We all know Kobe has good games dude. Again, I'll admit he's the greatest scorer of all time, but stick to the topic.
    when did lebron put up 45/15/5 in the 2011 finals? you made this topic to defend lebron's 2011 finals when it's two completely different contexts. kobe was injured. lebron was not. kobe hit a game winner while shaq sat on the bench, lebron hit none. kobe only played 9 minutes and game 2 and in game 5 the lakers had the honor and the privilege to witness the pacers shot 61 percent from the floor and completely dismantle the lakers. shaq was the only player in double figures that game with 35 points however most occurred in garbage time as the game was out of reach by the 2nd half anyways. what's more impressive was how kobe bounced back in game 6 to help lead the time to the title.

I will say I don't think his first championship was really that impressive at all. Shaq was so much better its laughable to compare them. Atleast for the next 2 titles he was putting up first option numbers while playing elite defense and was very impressive (especially 01), and was at times arguably the best player on the court, 01 spurs series for example.

He also shot 8-27, but u can ignore that I guess

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Warfan
    I will say I don't think his first championship was really that impressive at all. Shaq was so much better its laughable to compare them. Atleast for the next 2 titles he was putting up first option numbers while playing elite defense and was very impressive (especially 01), and was at times arguably the best player on the court, 01 spurs series for example.

He also shot 8-27, but u can ignore that I guess
    most of his points occurred in the 2nd half to close out the game. but you can ignore that too.

and kobe completely dismantled the sacramento kings in the playoffs. kobe was the team's highest scorer on the road during the playoffs. cream always rises to the top and when the pressure is at its highest that's when kobe performs.

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

when the pressure is at its highest that's when kobe performs.
    Sorry but you cannot say that with a straight face when Kobe shoots 6/24 in a GAME 7.

Very good NBA starter

8 points including two from this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFe8KUEQdn4

And Kobe was 21 years old, playing on a bum ankle, for 37 min, in a blowout.

Lebron was 26, had zero physical problems (in his prime), played almost 46 min, in a game that was close to the end (primarily because an injured Dwayne Wade had carried the load for 3
    Last edited by Magic 32; 02-15-2014 at 09:44 AM.

most of his points occurred in the 2nd half to close out the game. but you can ignore that too.

and kobe completely dismantled the sacramento kings in the playoffs. kobe was the team's highest scorer on the road during the playoffs. cream always rises to the top and when the pressure is at its highest that's when kobe performs.
    Yeah I know but im talking about the 2000 playoffs, he was good in their 1st round series against the kings and for a few games against Portland, including playing well in the game 7 I believe.

Basketball Genius

lakers vs sacramento game 2 2000 playoffs - kobe bryant: 32(12/20), 3/3(three pointers) 4 rebounds, 2 steals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mx4K47En3eo
    ^"kobe bryant. 15 points in the first 12 minutes of the ball game. an incredible display. leading the lakers to a thirty five - twenty four lead at the end of 1."

Dragic=GOAT, kobe=beta

I like how PsychoBe is posting all these Kobe performance and saying things like "leading the lakers to..." and "help lead his team along with Shaq" but in the end Shaq won ALL THREE FMVPs.

Banned

I like how PsychoBe is posting all these Kobe performance and saying things like "leading the lakers to..." but in the end Shaq won ALL THREE FMVPs.
    it was all shaq all the team were playing to stop shaq not kobe