Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Operation Doomsday vs Madvillainy

i don't know about you guys... but i like operation doomsday wayyyyy more. madvillainy is sick but i can't get into it like i can with operation doomsday. "rhymes like dimes" is my track... which album do you guys prefer?

vs.

Last edited by Richie2k6; 05-18-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Default Re: Operation Doomsday vs Madvillainy

For me, it's Operation Doomsday. Way too many gems on OD to say Madvillainy is a superior album.

"Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo! That`s an audio daily double

Rappers need to fall off just to save me the trouble, yo"

Majority of the album is the sickness.

Operation Doomsday. Madvillain just doesn't have the replay value for me that OD does.

KMD's Black Bastards is the sickness too.

soundcloud->solarcism

i take madvillain for the production. operation doomsday is my joint, but i only really go back to i hear voices, ?, dead bent, doomsday,rhymes like dimes, gas drawls... i guess that's half the album anyway

nah, but madvillain is a more cohesive project. whenever i hear a track randomly, i feel the need to go back and listen to the LP front to back. some of the beats on that album are just BANANAS

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by playtetris
    i take madvillain for the production. operation doomsday is my joint, but i only really go back to i hear voices, ?, dead bent, doomsday,rhymes like dimes, gas drawls... i guess that's half the album anyway
    Those are the only tracks I've heard from Doomsday (save for Gas Drawls) so by default at this point, I'd have to go with Madvillain. I've been meaning to pick up the former for a while now.

How Do U Like Me Mfer?

I have The Mouse and the Mask album in my CD collection.

I am going with OD. Madvillainy could have been more tracks longer than two and a half min so it would've been a better album.

I fall asleep every time I listen to one of his albums, and with the way he raps it seems that so does he.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    I fall asleep every time I listen to one of his albums, and with the way he raps it seems that so does he.
    One man's ...

Generic rap is what entices me to fall asleep. It's good to hear something refreshing from time to time.

I'll admit, it takes a unique ear to be a fan and appreciate all of Doom's releases, but you can't deny he drops gems here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
    One man's ...

Generic rap is what entices me to fall asleep. It's good to hear something refreshing from time to time.

I'll admit, it takes a unique ear to be a fan and appreciate all of Doom's releases, but you can't deny he drops gems here and there.
    I don't know, his whole persona, style and subjects of which he raps about is just plain boring IMO.
    He sounds bored on the mic, and just talking over the beat. His flow is always just that one bit off, and its annoying. He might be able to put a few nice bars together but they really don't mean much IMO if you can't do anything else right.

i thought doom was weird on the mic too and didn't really feel the hype, but i listed to OD over and over throughout a whole day and changed my mind. dude creates lyrical art

College star

Listened to both thoroughly because of this thread. IMO Madvillany is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    i thought doom was weird on the mic too and didn't really feel the hype, but i listed to OD over and over throughout a whole day and changed my mind. dude creates lyrical art
    Doom definitely isn't easy listening. You've got to listen hard and pay attention to get the lyrics. But if you do its well worth it.

maybe madvillainy is just going over my head, but i'm not feeling it like OD. i even like MM...Food better than madvillainy to be honest

NBA Superstar

At first glance I thought DOOM was a gimmick. I didn't even bother giving his raps a listen, thought it was some sort of Kool Keith off-shoot. But once I realized he was a normal rapper just with a comicbook-ready moniker, I began to really, really warm up to his music. I don't know how to rate flow and whatnot, but I dig whatever it is he does on the mic.

And I saw mention of the short length of each track on Madvillainy, and on one hand I agree, I wish the songs were longer. But on the other hand, I think the short tracks almost make the album flow a ton better. Each track just hits you - there's no fluff or downtime - just beats and rhymes, then next track. To me, it's a great album, through and through.