Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: CBS Sports: "NBA Coaching Rankings: Our ratings for every NBA coach"

Quote Originally Posted by Brizzly
    Spoelstra is criminally underrated on ISH, especially by LeBron fans but he is overrated on this list. I'd put him in the "hot commodity" group and push up Frank Vogel. Would also push down Doc Rivers and bring up Stan Van Gundy.

1. Popovic
    2. Carlisle
    3. Tom Thibadeou
    4. Van Gundy
    5. Vogel
    I see what you did there. Pushing all the non white coaches out of the top 5.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: CBS Sports: "NBA Coaching Rankings: Our ratings for every NBA coach"

People upset about Spo....how about ****ing Doc the most overrated coach EVER? Blatt also has a projected higher rating than Thibs...yea okay

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    LOL at Spo being one of the elites!
    because RINGS. duh.

if you noticed, the top 4 coaches all have rings. Carlisle has one. Rivers has one. Spo has 2. Pop has 5. They are the only active coaches with rings in the NBA. the rest are ringless.

i would rank Spo above Rivers though.

1. Pop
    2. Carlisle
    3. Spo
    4. Rivers

truth be told, i would bump Thibs down into the hot commodities tier and out of the elites. he runs his players down to the ground. he will definitely never win a championship.

Thibs is just as overrated as Rivers is. His rotation is plain awful sometimes, he keeps some players for 40+ mins in stupid situations and the Bulls offense looks messy.

He's a good reg season coach, though.

We'll see how good of a coach Spo is this season.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I find it funny that people trash Spo yet he's regarded by nearly everyone as an elite coach, most notably current and former peers in the coaching profession (including the guy who hired him).
    He an idiot when it comes to rotations. Runs retarded plays from time to time as well. Still, he's a pretty good coach, but not elite. I would consider coached like Pop, Carlisle, Thibs, etc. elite. Not Spo.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    He an idiot when it comes to rotations. Runs retarded plays from time to time as well. Still, he's a pretty good coach, but not elite. I would consider coached like Pop, Carlisle, Thibs, etc. elite. Not Spo.
    I used to think Thibs was elite, but after a while you figure out that "elite" regular season performance comes at the expense of his players. Bulls are always dealing with injuries since Thibs has no idea how to manage minutes. He rides his players so hard that by playoff time they are all gassed and half dead. He has no offensive system and just forces everyone to play hard physical defense for 82 games. That's terrible in the long run.

And Spo is just as good as Thibs as far as D goes. His rotating/trapping defense was amazing, if not better than Thibs' own system with Noah as anchor. Both of them suck offensively but Miami still looked better out there with Lebron/Bosh/Wade when they were locked in.

Rotations seem to be the issue of 99% of coaches though, every fan complains about them.

Spo and Rivers are ridiculously overrated.

70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Glad to see Horny being so highly regarded after the last season as a rookie head coach mad props. Suns are in good hands