Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Kobe's actually right on pace with jordan in shot attempts for points

kenneth the GOAT Kobe stan

still terrifying

Default Re: Kobe's actually right on pace with jordan in shot attempts for points

Quote Originally Posted by moe94
    kenneth the GOAT Kobe stan

still terrifying
    Well at least with this thread he backed it up with facts and stats. You can't hate on that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Why you voiding the question dawg? Does it hurt you that much inside? Did he molest you?

If I said deuces, tell me truthfully, how would you feel?

Jordan's efficiency dropped quite a bit a the end of his career, especially those two years in Washington. We don't know yet if the same will happen to Kobe.

If you compare the two of them in their prime, the difference is a bit larger, though still not that drastic.

Even if the points per attempt are similar, more missed shots result in more favorable opportunities for the other team. For example, a made shot eliminates the fast break. It also eliminates the risk of rebounding and loose ball fouls, both of which are more frequently called against the offensive team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Even if the points per attempt are similar, more missed shots result in more favorable opportunities for the other team. For example, a made shot eliminates the fast break. It also eliminates the risk of rebounding and loose ball fouls, both of which are more frequently called against the offensive team.
    And 3s can spread the floor making the defense open up, and they often turn momentum if theyre stringed together since theyre the fastest way to come back or break open a game(just ask the spurs).

Theyre also the hardest shot to read where its gonna come off the rim and they often come out long making it easier to get an offensive rebound.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Just put you in green lol

[COLOR=Teal]FTs.
    [/COLOR]

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    And 3s can spread the floor making the defense open up, and they often turn momentum if theyre stringed together since theyre the fastest way to come back or break open a game(just ask the spurs).

Theyre also the hardest shot to read where its gonna come off the rim and they often come out long making it easier to get an offensive rebound.
    I get what you're saying, but all things considered if the point totals and efg% are the same, I want the guy who misses fewer shots.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    I get what you're saying, but all things considered if the point totals and efg% are the same, I want the guy who misses fewer shots.

kobe gets to the line more per shot attempt and makes up for his FG% with threes

in the end. kobes nearly just as efficient at scoring the basketball

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffin
    kobe gets to the line more per shot attempt and makes up for his FG% with threes

why cant the athletic freak of nature Kobe match unathletic LeBron's 65% TS?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    why cant the athletic freak of nature Kobe match unathletic LeBron's 65% TS?
    i buttf*cked this guy so bad in his shaq/decade thread that he completely lost his mind

Banned

i buttf*cked this guy so bad in his shaq/decade thread that he completely lost his mind

LOL u mean dodge every question just to add your own BS

'Athlete of the Decade voted on by 95% kobetards!"

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Just looking at it as basic as possible, just for arguments sake, out of a 100 possessions, if MJ makes 50 baskets and Kobe makes 45 and essentially they score the same amount of points, doesn't Kobe still give the opposing team 5 more possessions than MJ which would ultimately lead to 4-6 points the other way?

Points per possession is basically on par, but I still would think higher raw fg% is more conducive to winning.

You're missing my point. Even if two players have similar overall efficiency, a team is better off with the player who misses fewer shots.