Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Your opinion of LeBron had he never left Cleveland...

Most likely same number of MVP's/All Star appearances
    2 Finals appearances
    1 Ring

How would his legacy be? I'd respect him a hell of a lot more for sticking in Cleveland the last 4 years and he'd have probably picked up a piece like Dwight had he stayed and won at least 1 ring.

NBA Superstar

Default Re: Your opinion of LeBron had he never left Cleveland...

His legacy would be better no matter how you slice it had he stayed in Cleveland.

Him ditching Miami is basically an admission of that.

NBA Superstar

I thought LeBron James was one of the greatest players of all-time pretty early on in his career. I felt he played the right way and I thought he was most certainly the best player I've ever been able to watch live aside from Michael Jordan. That feeling was clear within his first few years in the league and it was cemented, for me, with his performance against the Pistons in '07.

Championships of not, I knew the affect he had on any and every team he'd ever play for, and that matters more to me than simply wondering, "Did he play on a team that won an NBA championship?" That said, I really enjoyed the Cleveland experience and it would have been a lot of fun to see him stay and win a ring in that city the first time around. I'm glad he's back either way.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    His legacy would be better no matter how you slice it had he stayed in Cleveland.

Him ditching Miami is basically an admission of that.
    No way. LeBron, number wise, improved his legacy. That's all that will matter in 20 years.

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kidbasketball20
    2 Finals appearances
    1 Ring

How would his legacy be? I'd respect him a hell of a lot more for sticking in Cleveland the last 4 years and he'd have probably picked up a piece like Dwight had he stayed and won at least 1 ring.
    Would have stayed in my good graces. I used to watch him a lot because my friend was a huge fan in the mid 2000s.

Still a flopping bitch, but a loyal flopping bitch.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    No way. LeBron, number wise, improved his legacy. That's all that will matter in 20 years.
    I think LeBron James is going down as one of the very greatest of all-time, undoubtedly. Had he stayed in Cleveland all those years and not won a ring (2010-2014) and folks held the lack of a ring against him, I feel it would have been an absolute injustice. He still would have been the LeBron James we know now (in terms of skill, ability and effect on games) but just without the Dream Team supporting cast that helps win team games for the past four years.

Either way, his individual greatness will always stand through. However, I do not think history will forget the Miami details. Magic Johnson's early situation with Los Angeles seems to have slipped through the cracks, but I do not think LeBron's will. I don't believe it'll make people not think he's great, but when people look back and say, "Hmm, he left Cleveland and went to Miami for four years before coming back. What was that about?" I think people will pretty readily recall something along the lines of, "Well, he wanted to win so he made a super team for a few years. And he did win... but the built-from-scratch makeover of his new club sort of made at least a couple rings a foregone conclusion. So yeah, it's rings but..." Then hopefully people will all agree he was incredible anyway, so the rings are somewhat moot.

2 Finals appearances
    1 Ring

He'd still have no rings and Cleveland would still have the reputation that no legit UFA has ever signed there.

Saw a basketball once

I never understood why people put so much pressure on a 24 year old kid he was putting up great numbers. Killing himself doing what he could it was not in the cards. Then you say he choked WTF have you seen those old cavs games he was the only weapon!!! That has to be draining then on top of it they was killing him for not winning a title yet SHM .... What I think was since he knows NBA history he looked back and seen all the great teams had two to three super stars or all stars and he said damn I want to win and my team cannot give me what I need so I'm leaving I gave them all their years on my contract never asked for a trade never in the news for stupid stuff never in trouble with the law the show was wrong but damn I seen him compared with OJ Simpson and mike Tyson and mike Vick ?? I was like damn he is that bad??

2 Finals appearances
    1 Ring

What year would he have won a ring in your opinion? Cause I don't see it.
    His Cavs wouldn't beat the 2011 Celtics or Bulls
    They wouldn't beat the 2012 Pacers or Celtics
    They wouldn't beat the 2013 Pacers, and they for sure would not beat the 2014 Spurs.

If Lebron had stayed in Cleveland he would be known as this generations Karl Malone. Pretty bad for his legacy.

Quote Originally Posted by ajnapoleon
    I never understood why people put so much pressure on a 24 year old kid he was putting up great numbers. Killing himself doing what he could it was not in the cards. Then you say he choked WTF have you seen those old cavs games he was the only weapon!!! That has to be draining then on top of it they was killing him for not winning a title yet SHM .... What I think was since he knows NBA history he looked back and seen all the great teams had two to three super stars or all stars and he said damn I want to win and my team cannot give me what I need so I'm leaving I gave them all their years on my contract never asked for a trade never in the news for stupid stuff never in trouble with the law the show was wrong but damn I seen him compared with OJ Simpson and mike Tyson and mike Vick ?? I was like damn he is that bad??
    This man knows what he's talking about. He only feels the need to post about once a year, so you best listen when he does.

Quote Originally Posted by ajnapoleon
    Cavs fans had every right to be pissed off. But it's the Kobe, MJ stans etc who ripped him the most for leaving (they still do cause they feel threatened) cause they wanted James to rot in Cleveland with no legit help and finish his career with no rings.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo
    Cavs fans had every right to be pissed off. But it's the Kobe, MJ stans etc who ripped him the most for leaving (they still do cause they feel threatened) cause they wanted James to rot in Cleveland with no legit help and finish his career with no rings.
    Just think if lebron had one of the top 3 rebounders of all time come over as a free agent while having a near triple double player with some of the best defense ever and a great coach on both side is the ball would there be outrage ?......that guy was Jordan ..... Oh I forgot the number 3 best knock down 3 point shooter in history (Kerr) it's amazing

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    Still a flopping bitch, but a loyal flopping bitch.
    not really, he only went overboard once he went to miami, i can only recall him flopping once in a cavs uni

he was known to have great balance in cleveland knocking over defenders while remaining on his feet

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

It would be the same as it is now. He was never a player I liked or hated in general and his leaving from one team to another never changed that. Dwade has always been one of my favorite players, so I don't care to see how his career has gone since the "collusion", but I could care less about Lebron. I'm just indifferent.