Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Derek Fisher's 0.4 game winner had a far bigger impact than Ray Allen's game 6 three.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    Both of those shots are clearly balanced/fundamental and he doesn't end up falling on his ass from leaning backwards and shooting ~ college 3pt line. Come on cuhh...

Not even close. Try again.
    Oh give me a break man... Duncan clearly got off a good shot against the Lakers... and since when do great shots have to be balanced to really count?

game-winner against the Hawks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I26HaIvK-UY

game-winner against the Clippers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiQwwyHDIx8

lets not act like Duncan came into the league yesterday. Dude is hella clutch and the GOAT PF! He's been hitting fall away jumpers for over almost 20 years, but it's not his fault you weren't watching or need somebody to teach you about his game.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Derek Fisher's 0.4 game winner had a far bigger impact than Ray Allen's game 6 three.

If you're not noticing similarities and patterns in his shooting, movement, and tendencies, that's on you. Again, Duncan has been around foreverrrr

Lol dragic shooting himself in the foot again.

Good High School Starter

troll thread but ray allens 3 has way bigger impact. Without fishers 0.4 shot, kobe is exactly the same on everyones GOAT list. Without ray allens 3, lebron is the laughing stock of the NBA world, top 20 at best, a one lockout ring wonder, and basically a ruined legacy

Allen is fresher in our memory, but Fisher's shot was a stab in the heart. You'd have to be a Spurs fan back then. Lakers and Spurs had an on/off rivalry unlike Heat/Spurs. The Ray Allen shot was unexpected because of the ball falling back into Miami's hands but 0.4 seconds was not supposed to happen, period. The game was practically over and we were only waiting for the clock to run out. If his shot hadn't gone in, spurs would've been 3-1.

Banned

The game after Ray's 3 (game 7) does so much for his legacy. It makes him stand out as one of the greatest game 7 performers in the history of the league.

All wouldn't have been possible without Ray's 3.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Allen is fresher in our memory, but Fisher's shot was a stab in the heart. You'd have to be a Spurs fan back then. Lakers and Spurs had an on/off rivalry unlike Heat/Spurs. The Ray Allen shot was unexpected because of the ball falling back into Miami's hands but 0.4 seconds was not supposed to happen, period. The game was practically over and we were only waiting for the clock to run out. If his shot hadn't gone in, spurs would've been 3-1.
    Yea it was unexpected only because of the sequence of events and looked like SA might win... Ray Allen getting free for a three pointer in the middle of gameplay

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    The game after Ray's 3 (game 7) does so much for his legacy. It makes him stand out as one of the greatest game 7 performers in the history of the league.

All wouldn't have been possible without Ray's 3.
    Lebron had a sick Game 7 as well. edit: I guess you were referring to Lebron already?

37 points... 5 threes made... 12 boards... 4 assists .. 8-8 FT ... in 45 minutes of action

and The Immortal, it's ironic, I was going to ask you the same shit lol

You're easily the biggest du[COLOR="Black"]mbfu[/COLOR]ck on this forum.

If Ray Allen's shot didn't go in, Miami wouldn't have won that championship in 2013. If Fisher missed that 0.4 shot, the Lakers would have been down 3-2 but they still would had a chance to win the series. So how THE HELL did that 0.4 shot have a bigger impact?

Very good NBA starter

Just admit it was a fluke shot.. Duncan is still a top 5 center in my book regardless.

This reach/insecurity you're displaying is making the (by in large) rational Spurs fanbase look bad tbqh.
    Except it wasn't a fluke, Duncan is clutch as a mofo and hit plenty of fall away shots..... agree to disagree my man

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Lebron had a sick Game 7 as well. edit: I guess you were referring to Lebron already?

37 points... 5 threes made... 12 boards... 4 assists .. 8-8 FT ... in 45 minutes of action

and The Immortal, it's ironic, I was going to ask you the same shit lol
    Yes

Just admit it was a fluke shot.. Duncan is still a top 5 center in my book regardless.

This reach/insecurity you're displaying is making the (by in large) rational Spurs fanbase look bad tbqh.
    WHat is your top 10 ??

Very good NBA starter

Even clutch players admit they've had fluke moments..

Hell, even Kobe - a guy that has taken and made some of the most ridiculous shots in NBA history said this shot here LINK.. "was the luckiest(fluke) shot I've ever taken, by far," Bryant..
    except you just added the word fluke... is Kobe of all players hitting a tough, clutch shot really a fluke in your mind? .. To me, it's not. Kobe IS clutch.. Maybe he saw it as lucky, but you got to put yourself in position to get lucky and every ball player knows that. Kobe said the shot "felt good" despite his doubt... Plus i think you're missing the point altogether.

Fisher's comment about that shot:

“If you want anybody to hit a shot like that you’d rather it be Kobe than anybody else, because that’s what he’s done in the past. Somebody else would’ve hit that shot, this locker room wouldn’t look this way.”
    In other words, some people get more "lucky" than others because they're just sick players in general. Top-10 players being top-10 players isn't a revelation or anything.

Good High School Starter dreamwarrior's Avatar

It's true. Fisher's game winner should have led to Malone's first ring if Malone hadn't gotten injured.

Ray's shot should have only been a pretty good moment for 30 seconds that would not have mattered in the end, as it was the non-foul call on Bosh's block on Green that truly cost SA the game. If Danny Green had gone to the line for 3 shots like he should have we wouldn't be talking about Ray's shot. Refs gifted the Heat that win

Fisher's was one of the greatest shots of all time... the only thing that's sad about it is that had it not happened, Duncan's shot right before would be remembered as one of the great clutch playoff moments instead.