Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Top 10 PFs in current NBA

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    A_Roc, I can buy the Amare argument. I definitely buy it alot more than the silliness of someone trying to argue KG over Duncan for 4-5 years. The only place KG is better than Duncan is in fantasy basketball.

On the court, its no contest and hasnt ever been a contest, Duncan was on another level alltogether.
    repped

A_Roc, I can buy the Amare argument. I definitely buy it alot more than the silliness of someone trying to argue KG over Duncan for 4-5 years. The only place KG is better than Duncan is in fantasy basketball.

On the court, its no contest and hasnt ever been a contest, Duncan was on another level alltogether.
    uh-huh. Just because of winning. Duncan always had better players and won and therefore "he was always better than KG" when that is simply not true. KG's skill-set is better than Duncan and he was the better player...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

I am flabbergasted at how overrated Kevin Garnett is here. I mean, thats fine, but to say he and Nowitzki is a wash offensively is just about the funniest thing I have ever read here. Much like you cant build a defense around Dirk, you cant build an offense around KG and hope to get anywhere. Neither is a complete player by any stretch, but they have both accomplished alot. KG is a four time 1st team All NBAer with a MVP in his pocket and a career 22/12/4 playoff player. In two less seasons, Dirk is a three time 1st team All NBAer with a MVP in his pocket and a career 25/11/3 playoff player.
    Again, it's a question of degree. KG is a lot closer to Dirk on offense than Dirk is to him on defense. Put it like this, over the last decade Dirk is a top-10 offensive player and KG is a top-20 offensive player (being conservative for simplicity sake...could probably make the case for both to be higher). On the other hand, KG is a top-5 defensive player and Dirk is what...top-100? To just make the blanket statement that Dirk is better on Offense while KG is better on defense doesn't even begin to capture it.

And "neither is a complete player by any stretch"? Good grief, man, what is your definition of "complete"? There have been few players in NBA history with the offense/defense balance that KG has, and all that do are considered among the best of all time. If KG isn't a complete player, they your list of complete players must be extremely short...

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

LoL fact is you are from texas we all know who you would root for when dallas isnt playing so i cant blame you if you think kg is lightyears away from duncan. thanks for the laughter

Good college starter Nash-tastic's Avatar

Once Duncan and KG retires, I can see Amare and Gasol battle for top-place

Blu Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
    It'll be between Amare and Bosh, Gasol has hit his ceiling.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nash-tastic
    Gasol? how overrated is he?.
    Currently better then gasol

duncan
    Amare
    KG
    Dirk
    Bosh
    Brand
    Boozer
    Sheed

At best he is a borderline top ten PF. even alridge is just little behind him. he's a great scorer, but he cant play any defense and is a weak rebounder for he's size.

Once Duncan, Dirk, KG, and even Brand all retire it will be Amare Stoudemire as the clear #1, ala Duncan, and guys like Aldridge, Bosh, & Jefferson battling for that #2 spot ala Dirk, KG, Amare right now, etc...

DAVID freaking WEST