Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: It's not right that Kobe is still beasting

It's baffling how obsessiveness you are with the Lakers and Kobe despite not being a fan.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

9th seed.

Very good NBA starter

I pray the Warriors miss the playoffs so you can go into full meltdown mode

College star

Quote Originally Posted by Shep
    kobe beasting against some of the worst teams in the history of the nba and goes 6-22 against anyone else
    11/13/12 versus San Antonio (primarily defended by Leonard)
    28 points
    4 rebounds
    8 assists
    63% FG

1/11/13 versus OKC (primarily defended by Selfalosha)
    21 points
    9 rebounds
    14 assists
    67% FG

1/23/13 versus Memphis (primarily defended by Tony Allen)
    29 points
    3 rebounds
    3 assists
    48% FG

2/10/13 versus Miami (primarily defended by D. Wade & Lebron James)
    28 points
    6 rebounds
    9 assists
    58% FG

I have a severe distaste for Kobe (and Lebron) stans on this site, but I have an equally malevolent perception of you posters who waste our time reading your attempts at demeaning those same players.

I posted that information so you could effectively take Kobe's ******* out your mouth and dismantle your "witty" charade. Kobe does have some awful shooting nights (coupled with sometimes awful decision making), but to prance around trying to perpetuate this notion that he can only have sensational performances against below mediocre teams and defenders is ignorant, and quite simply the measuring stick of your intellectual competence.

I suppose OKC, Miami, San Antonio, and Memphis aren't the 4 top teams in the NBA right now and all season, but rather bottom feeders in their conference? I suppose Selfalosha, Lebron, Wade, Leonard, and Tony Allen aren't some of the best perimeter defenders this league offers, but rather D-League talent that simply let Kobe do what he pleases for lack of defensive capability?

Or maybe, just maybe, you just made yourself look like a part-time employee at F U C K Boy Incorporated, and should find a better day job than trying to discredit one of the 10 greatest players to ever lace them up.

Kobe ain't Jordan. And hell, at this point at his career, Kobe's not Lebron either. But Kobe is still a Top 5 player in the NBA, somehow at 34 years of age with 17 years of mileage on his knees, and still the best SG in the NBA since 2001 (though 2009 Wade is certainly debatable, and 2011 Wade is more than debatable considering Kobe was playing on one leg for half the season). Not some scrub at the YMCA playing pick up ball.

So take your head out your ass and show some respect. And that goes for Lebron detractors as well, talking about he only has .5 rings. STFU, you all sound like toddlers. Grow the **** up.

That is all.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    28 points
    4 rebounds
    8 assists
    63% FG

21 points
    9 rebounds
    14 assists
    67% FG

29 points
    3 rebounds
    3 assists
    48% FG

28 points
    6 rebounds
    9 assists
    58% FG

I have a severe distaste for Kobe (and Lebron) stans on this site, but I have an equally malevolent perception of you posters who waste our time reading your attempts at demeaning those same players.

I posted that information so you could effectively take Kobe's ******* out your mouth and dismantle your "witty" charade. Kobe does have some awful shooting nights (coupled with sometimes awful decision making), but to prance around trying to perpetuate this notion that he can only have sensational performances against below mediocre teams and defenders is ignorant, and quite simply the measuring stick of your intellectual competence.

I suppose OKC, Miami, San Antonio, and Memphis aren't the 4 top teams in the NBA right now and all season, but rather bottom feeders in their conference? I suppose Selfalosha, Lebron, Wade, Leonard, and Tony Allen aren't some of the best perimeter defenders this league offers, but rather D-League talent that simply let Kobe do what he pleases for lack of defensive capability?

Or maybe, just maybe, you just made yourself look like a part-time employee at F U C K Boy Incorporated, and should find a better day job than trying to discredit one of the 10 greatest players to ever lace them up.

Kobe ain't Jordan. And hell, at this point at his career, Kobe's not Lebron either. But Kobe is still a Top 5 player in the NBA, somehow at 34 years of age with 17 years of mileage on his knees, and still the best SG in the NBA since 2001 (though 2009 Wade is certainly debatable, and 2011 Wade is more than debatable considering Kobe was playing on one leg for half the season). Not some scrub at the YMCA playing pick up ball.

So take your head out your ass and show some respect. And that goes for Lebron detractors as well, talking about he only has .5 rings. STFU, you all sound like toddlers. Grow the **** up.

That is all.
    Well Said

Banned

german knee cartilage surgery

+

a team of fitness experts

+

modern day nutrition science

+

work ethic

+

not drinking alcohol or doing drugs your entire life

+

protein supplements

+

advanced equipment

+

unlimited resources

+

a green light from your coach, franchise, team mates

+

a bit of luck

= the possibility of dominating at age 34

jordan only had half of these things and he dominated at age 35

Rip Samurai Swoosh L8kersfan222's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    28 points
    4 rebounds
    8 assists
    63% FG

21 points
    9 rebounds
    14 assists
    67% FG

29 points
    3 rebounds
    3 assists
    48% FG

28 points
    6 rebounds
    9 assists
    58% FG

That is all.
    ETHER

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by game3524
    He is not predetermine things anymore, which has always been his one major flaw as a basketball player.
    He still does. Just the other game I told my daughter what Kobe was going to do when he came up the court, and he did exactly that.

He has a pattern that when he makes a shot from a certain spot on the floor, he will 50 percent of the time try the exact same shot from the same spot. If he succeeds with the second shot then it is 99.8 percent chance he will attempt the same shot the next time up the court
    Last edited by INDI; 03-07-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    This guy is almost 35. He's supposed to be washed up. We think Richard Jefferson is old. He's like 3 years younger than Kobe. It seems like Kobe has started to dunk on people lately, viciously. I mean he's dunkin on Josh Smith and Brook Lopez. His dunking days are supposed to be done.

The guy is on steroids and the Lakers wouldn't make the playoffs if it weren't for him juicing like he's Lance Armstrong. Obviously, you can tell he has an angry look in his eyes lately. Seriously, he looks like he's going to explode and punch a dude, it creeps me out. He already has recovered from that injury from yesterday. Nothing stops him from going off. He goes on 20 to 0 runs against the Hornets. Game winning basket, another dunk.

The only reason the league is letting him fly under the radar is so they can make money. Of course they're gonna go after little fish like Turgoglu. That way the ''nobodies'' as Howard would say, won't be competitive with the big dogs.
    at least he isn't abusing HGH

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by INDI
    He still does. Just the other game I told my daughter what Kobe was going to do when he came up the court, and he did exactly that.

He has a pattern that when he makes a shot from a certain spot on the floor, he will 50 percent of the time try the exact same shot from the same spot. If he succeeds with the second shot then it is 99.8 percent chance he will attempt the same shot the next time up the court
    Everyone does though. When you're feeling it and have a rhythm you continue to shoot with confidence. It's a scorer's mentality.

Banned

VC is 36, you just gave him major props unintentionally. VC might be averaging less points per game but he still has a bunch of 20-30pt games though averaging 13ppg this season. KB and VC are both on sub 500 teams.

-Coming from the Number Warrior fan who bash his own team like there's no tomorrow.

I think Kobe's, Duncan's and Garnett's play is highly suspect.

I don't want to think that, but 99.9% of sportspeople I have watched in the last 30 years that were competing at a level too good to be true have been doing drugs.

It's a sad fact.

Duncan was COOKED a few seasons back. Finished. Bryant sleeps a few hours a night and trains. After 17 seasons. Plays big minutes night after night.

Garnett runs around like a 28 year old. 82 games a season + playoffs with no drop off.

Something is happening with recovery here, and it's not just an ice bath.

Quote Originally Posted by ispin69
    VC is 36, you just gave him major props unintentionally. VC might be averaging less points per game but he still has a bunch of 20-30pt games though averaging 13ppg this season. KB and VC are both on sub 500 teams.
    VC was done years ago. All of a sudden dropping 25 point games.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    VC was done years ago. All of a sudden dropping 25 point games.

Yes. And Kobe and Duncan looked done. Seriously. Anyone is naive if they don't think they are on something